Garbled graphics with MVS 1 slot

emuola

n00b
having trouble with one of the arcade cabinets. It's a 1 slot MVS that has been refurbished lately. The symptons are the following:

1. Test screen is perfect (see image)
2. When game starts there are vertical (and horizontal) lines across the screen (this seems to vary between reboots/inserting removing cart)(see video)

The following has been tried already:

1. game(s) tested with another MVS -> games are ok
2. Cleaned the cart slot throughout -> no help
3. Bought a new mobo (that has been tested) -> same problem -> mobos are ok
4. Measured all the voltages -> all within specs -> psu is ok

I'm totally loosing it. What an earth can be wrong anymore? :help: The Jamma harness?

All help highly appreciated :)

Last edited:

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
my guess would be that the contacts on your motherboards cart slot are dirty, find something you can get in there to clean them up, like a thin cloth with rubbing alcohol on it and a ruler or something...

emuola

n00b
But with both mobos? The second mobo was tested with 3 games before swapping it to the cabinet? Weird. I forgot to mention in the "sone already" that we cleaned both connectors (jamma and cart) and same result.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
oh I missed that, it looks like some of my games look if the carts are not seated well, or cart contacts are dirty which is why I suggested it. perhaps clean and reseat your jamma harness? I would think its something simple and goofy. so carts work somewhere else, 2 mobos with the same issue, so it's the cab wiring maybe... did you try your mobo in a different cab?

emuola

n00b
oh I missed that, it looks like some of my games look if the carts are not seated well, or cart contacts are dirty which is why I suggested it. perhaps clean and reseat your jamma harness? I would think its something simple and goofy. so carts work somewhere else, 2 mobos with the same issue, so it's the cab wiring maybe... did you try your mobo in a different cab?

Haven't tried the mobo in a different cab yet. I'll take time to do that this weekend :)