SSD3 MicroSD compatibility thread

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So I have been using a Samsung EVO orange 128mb card. Upon further playing I've noticed an error with the redbook audio. I can't explain it other than the audio gets time stretched for a couple of seconds. People that make music with computers will understand what I'm talking about. I suggest to avoid the EVO cards.

za-evo-microsd-card-mb-mp128da-eu-001-front-orange.jpg

Last edited:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Bought a 32GB Evo card, because it was cheap, but kept seeing bad reviews of them on here, so I went out and picked up a Sandisk instead. I'll probably end up using the Samsung for something Raspberry Pi related down the road somewhere.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Bought a 32GB Evo card, because it was cheap, but kept seeing bad reviews of them on here, so I went out and picked up a Sandisk instead. I'll probably end up using the Samsung for something Raspberry Pi related down the road somewhere.

They work fine with the switch but I guess something with the transfer rate isn't good enough for the redbook audio. I've got two sandisk coming tomorrow and I'll check back in and give my verdict.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
So I have been using a Samsung EVO orange 128mb card. Upon further playing I've noticed an error with the redbook audio. I can't explain it other than the audio gets time stretched for a couple of seconds. People that make music with computers will understand what I'm talking about. I suggest to avoid the EVO cards.

View attachment 48783

Of course thats the card I bought and have waiting, guess ill report if I see the same issue :O

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I'm surprised. Samsung was my go-to micro SD card. I've used over 200 Samsung EVO's in the last year or so (mostly 16GB, but a dozen or two of their 32 EVO's, and their EVO+ in 64 and 128GB size). Literally like 1 bad card out of all of those (maybe 2 - and probably my fault).

Every time I used a batch of Sandisk Ultra, every single time, I would have a single card (sometimes more - from batches of 10-12 cards) where my image wouldn't copy over correctly and the software would do funky things (from a perfect image I had used 100+ times before).

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
This could be a firmware fixable issue too.

Maybe Neodev will sound in.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Picked up a couple of Sandisk 64GB Ultra Plus' today, worked like a charm. Ran through about 10 games and none of the redbook audio issues I had before.

14413252.jpg

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I am using the same Sandisk Ultra Plus cards for my SSDS3.

P1010198.jpg

Currently Best Buy has the 128GB one on sale for $49.99
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandis...dxc-uhs-i-memory-card/4471009.p?skuId=4471009

haightc

n00b
Everdrives also won't usually work at all with the EVO. So there is something not quite right going on with them. I think I have my Evo card in my psp or scsi2sd.

no problems for me with this shinny thing on my SSS3 photo-7.JPG... (sandisk's are great on tools like this) .

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Is it all EVO cards or just the plain EVO? I use an EVO Select in my Switch and I've not read any complaints about that one as it seems to be more stable.

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
Is it all EVO cards or just the plain EVO? I use an EVO Select in my Switch and I've not read any complaints about that one as it seems to be more stable.

I use an EVO select and haven't noticed any problems.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
OT but I was wondering how large the total Western CD library is? I thought it was round 50, but I could be wrong. A 32 GB would be more than enough in that case to hold the entirw library.
Played and owned pretty much every hu card ever released but never got into CD's.

Last edited:

kruuth

n00b
Not sure if anyone else has used it but the MicroCenter 256GB microSDXC card works great:

508118_778134_01_front_thumbnail.jpg

For $27.99 it's pretty good since they're not that bad of a drive from me.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I’ve been rocking a Kingston Card with no issues. Kingston’s been my goto for a while.