Thread: SSD3 MicroSD compatibility thread

SSD3 MicroSD compatibility thread

So I have been using a Samsung EVO orange 128mb card. Upon further playing I've noticed an error with the redbook audio. I can't explain it other than the audio gets time stretched for a couple of seconds. People that make music with computers will understand what I'm talking about. I suggest to avoid the EVO cards.

za-evo-microsd-card-mb-mp128da-eu-001-front-orange.jpg
    Last edited by Kid Panda; 02-07-2018 at 02:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillzguy View Post
    I sometimes wish I didn't have Aspergers as I feel game related collecting would be a mild hobby rather than an obsession.

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

good to know! thx

Disciple Of Orochi

Bought a 32GB Evo card, because it was cheap, but kept seeing bad reviews of them on here, so I went out and picked up a Sandisk instead. I'll probably end up using the Samsung for something Raspberry Pi related down the road somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by fenikso View Post
    Bought a 32GB Evo card, because it was cheap, but kept seeing bad reviews of them on here, so I went out and picked up a Sandisk instead. I'll probably end up using the Samsung for something Raspberry Pi related down the road somewhere.
    They work fine with the switch but I guess something with the transfer rate isn't good enough for the redbook audio. I've got two sandisk coming tomorrow and I'll check back in and give my verdict.
    I sometimes wish I didn't have Aspergers as I feel game related collecting would be a mild hobby rather than an obsession.

Camel Slug

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    So I have been using a Samsung EVO orange 128mb card. Upon further playing I've noticed an error with the redbook audio. I can't explain it other than the audio gets time stretched for a couple of seconds. People that make music with computers will understand what I'm talking about. I suggest to avoid the EVO cards.

za-evo-microsd-card-mb-mp128da-eu-001-front-orange.jpg
    Of course thats the card I bought and have waiting, guess ill report if I see the same issue :O

NEST Puppet

I'm surprised. Samsung was my go-to micro SD card. I've used over 200 Samsung EVO's in the last year or so (mostly 16GB, but a dozen or two of their 32 EVO's, and their EVO+ in 64 and 128GB size). Literally like 1 bad card out of all of those (maybe 2 - and probably my fault).

Every time I used a batch of Sandisk Ultra, every single time, I would have a single card (sometimes more - from batches of 10-12 cards) where my image wouldn't copy over correctly and the software would do funky things (from a perfect image I had used 100+ times before).

This could be a firmware fixable issue too.

Maybe Neodev will sound in.

Picked up a couple of Sandisk 64GB Ultra Plus' today, worked like a charm. Ran through about 10 games and none of the redbook audio issues I had before.

14413252.jpg

I am using the same Sandisk Ultra Plus cards for my SSDS3.

Currently Best Buy has the 128GB one on sale for $49.99
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk...?skuId=4471009

Everdrives also won't usually work at all with the EVO. So there is something not quite right going on with them. I think I have my Evo card in my psp or scsi2sd.

no problems for me with this shinny thing on my SSS3 photo-7.JPG... (sandisk's are great on tools like this) .
    Neo Geo AES Serial# 033218

War Room Troll

Is it all EVO cards or just the plain EVO? I use an EVO Select in my Switch and I've not read any complaints about that one as it seems to be more stable.

NEST Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Is it all EVO cards or just the plain EVO? I use an EVO Select in my Switch and I've not read any complaints about that one as it seems to be more stable.
    I use an EVO select and haven't noticed any problems.

Thread Information