Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 43 of 43

Thread: Altered Carbon

  1. #26
    Yamazaki's Pupil
    ballzdeepx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nakatomi Towers

    Posts
    2,710
    I'm about four episodes in and definitely liking the show however I find the accents on some of the characters tough to understand at times. Without rewatching some of the first two episodes I'm still trying to figure out just exactly what resistance kovachs is actually part of and what they are trying to fight against/for.

  2. #27
    nerdsigh voltronbadass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bullitt County

    Posts
    1,424
    Loving this show! Im on episode 7 and so far I think it improves every episode. Like some of the others have mentioned there is some weak acting here and there, but given the premise of the show I guess they are free to just swap in better actors in the same role at any time. Lets hope it gets better next season and not worse, the show deffo has my attention I think they pulled it off pretty well. Ive been a netflix subscriber from the get go and I never thought I would see the day when netflix is making shows like this and stranger things and ozark.

  3. #28
    Science will find a way!
    jeffkun34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    The hole

    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by ballzdeepx View Post
    I'm about four episodes in and definitely liking the show however I find the accents on some of the characters tough to understand at times. Without rewatching some of the first two episodes I'm still trying to figure out just exactly what resistance kovachs is actually part of and what they are trying to fight against/for.
    They don’t really tell you what they are fighting for until the end. I only had trouble understanding Ortega at certain points.

  4. #29
    I was Born This Ugly.
    smokehouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Two in the nuts and one in the butt

    Posts
    11,172
    I'm going to skip over much of this thread due to possible spoilers, but I'll say that I started the show this week, only mid way through episode 2. Its well done, I cannot complain a ton. Someone here described the acting as CW quality...I agree with that.
    Currently seeking the SNES limited ocean blue cart- Alexander Popov's Communist Swimming. Holla at your boy if you have one.

  5. #30
    Yamazaki's Pupil
    ballzdeepx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nakatomi Towers

    Posts
    2,710
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffkun34 View Post
    They don’t really tell you what they are fighting for until the end. I only had trouble understanding Ortega at certain points.
    Thanks,
    I'm into 7 episodes now and I'm convinced it's the way the show's audio is mixed, it seems to get worse every episode. Ortega is downright impossible to understand 90% of the time to me as a result.
    Irrespective of the above I'm still enjoying the show but as it goes on, It's starting to get very matrix-like with fantastical feats of strength, acrobatics, and plugging into the virtual.

  6. #31
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,990
    Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse View Post
    I'm going to skip over much of this thread due to possible spoilers, but I'll say that I started the show this week, only mid way through episode 2. Its well done, I cannot complain a ton. Someone here described the acting as CW quality...I agree with that.
    Overall, the series is a lot better than CW. I finished it last night and enjoyed it. The acting wasn’t top notch but I loved some of the characters, namely Leung (a nod to the HK gangster films “ultimate badass” who doesn’t say much but wrecks shit for the boss), Lizzie, and Poe. Overall, Poe was the best part of the show.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  7. #32
    I was Born This Ugly.
    smokehouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Two in the nuts and one in the butt

    Posts
    11,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Overall, the series is a lot better than CW. I finished it last night and enjoyed it. The acting wasn’t top notch but I loved some of the characters, namely Leung (a nod to the HK gangster films “ultimate badass” who doesn’t say much but wrecks shit for the boss), Lizzie, and Poe. Overall, Poe was the best part of the show.
    The amount of TLC in the show is impressive, and the primary reason why I'll watch it. Poe is interesting indeed, I hope they give a bit more info about him.
    Currently seeking the SNES limited ocean blue cart- Alexander Popov's Communist Swimming. Holla at your boy if you have one.

  8. #33
    Wait a minute- candy bars. jro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    INSIDE

    Posts
    12,399
    Watched the first episode, finally. Pretty good start, interesting, high production values. Kinnamon can't act to save his life but for some reason it doesn't bother me at all in AC.

  9. #34
    Hardened Shock Trooper
    Gyrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX

    Posts
    438
    Saw this end to end over a couple of long flights. Had no idea what it was upfront, went in completely blind. Absolutely loved it. It's far from perfect, but very enjoyable to see this kind of story so well produced. There were a few great ideas in how this future world is put together, and to its credit the shows does explore them further than one might expect.

    Quote Originally Posted by jro View Post
    Kinnamon can't act to save his life but for some reason it doesn't bother me at all in AC.
    Well put. It's hard to say exactly why, but he's an unexpectedly good match here. Best thing I've seen out of him thus far.

  10. #35
    King's Dry Cleaner
    Rocko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stockholm

    Posts
    375
    I was forced to watch the first episode. I didn't like it at all. I like the concept and everything but it just didn't impress me at all.

  11. #36
    Wait a minute- candy bars. jro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    INSIDE

    Posts
    12,399
    Finished the series last night. Last three episodes or so were much better than the rest of the season, IMO.

    Fun show, overall. WEIRD acting. Kinnaman was okay, though not good. Lachman was as bad as he was. Kel's actress was awful.

    Then you get Poe, Elliot, and Bancroft all actually being played pretty well. Those three were far and away the best characters, too.

    I'd watch a second season.
    Spoiler:
    Seems like the Asian guy would be the lead, though, which, I dunno, would be alright I guess. Kel's such an awful character, though, I don't know if I can take much focus on her.

  12. #37
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,990
    I don’t see where the story would go in a second season, without going into superheroes territory (heroes, helix, etc all become unbearably comical).

    My hope is that the show is done. It was a good time. I don’t want to see it destroyed for paychecks.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  13. #38
    One more year...
    Please God... just
    One more year...
    F4U57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NSW

    Posts
    5,810
    Yeah, I can't see there being a second series. They seemed to tie it off.

    Great show, I really enjoyed it. It didn't try to be something it wasn't.

  14. #39
    NeoSneth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    St Louis , MO

    Posts
    8,619
    Why haven't armoured gorgets become commonplace?
    I'm not quite finished yet, but this is my main question after watching 7 episodes....

    Also,
    Spoiler:
    that starfish knife was fucking brutual. I had to pause during that elevator scene..


    Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch

  15. #40
    Krizalid's Fashion Designer
    Montatez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The North.

    Posts
    1,843
    I really liked the show. Acting was not great but decent enough to keep me entertained.

    I do believe a second season is in the works.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

    A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

    I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

  16. #41
    NeoSneth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    St Louis , MO

    Posts
    8,619
    Spoiler:

    • Lizzie was a miss for me. that plot line was a waste of time and focus. plus the S&M outfit at the end was just comical.
    • I liked the outcome for the Bancroft murder/suicide. the real story actually made sense. Seeing him conflicted at the end was great.
    • Poe was one of the better AI's i've seen a long time.
    • the Sibling rivalry was interesting, but it went on a bit long.
    • Fight scenes were rather good throughout. I think people are overlooking that. Way better than Iron Fist.
    • I have a hard time believing an Envoy would actual develop feelings all of a sudden. Comes back from darkness and he makes friends and a new lover.
    • Wish there was more Elder plot. Reminded me of the Lucasarts game "the Dig". Long life, corruption, etc...


    ended better than it started IMO.


    Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch

  17. #42
    Member
    neojedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Durham, NC, USA

    Posts
    3,169
    Quote Originally Posted by jro View Post
    Spoiler:
    Seems like the Asian guy would be the lead, though, which, I dunno, would be alright I guess. Kel's such an awful character, though, I don't know if I can take much focus on her.
    I have no idea how much the series follows the books, but
    Spoiler:
    the main character does get sent off of Earth entirely at the end of the first book. He proceeds from there in an "Afro-Caribbean" sleeve in a war on Sanction IV.

  18. #43
    Wait a minute- candy bars. jro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    INSIDE

    Posts
    12,399
    Quote Originally Posted by neojedi View Post
    I have no idea how much the series follows the books, but
    Spoiler:
    the main character does get sent off of Earth entirely at the end of the first book. He proceeds from there in an "Afro-Caribbean" sleeve in a war on Sanction IV.
    No kidding. Huh.

    I haven't read the books, so I can't speak to it, either. Sounds like the showrunners would like a second season, but Netflix hasn't greenlit it yet. Sort of an interesting case, in that it's likely relatively popular, but it's also Netflix's most expensive show to make and it was overshadowed by Netflix itself when it released by having way more attention on Cloverfield.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •