Eagles win Super Bowl

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Not that I like the Eagles but I hate the Patriots big time. Congrats to Philadelphia on their first ever Super Bowl. Try and keep the rioting of the city to a minimum :buttrock:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Either way, VT probably got drunk today. He's not even from Philly either. :rolleyes:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I was screwed either way..

Pats win - surrounded by ecstatic fagets at work

Pats lose - surrounded by depresssed fagets at work

Poor me

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I was screwed either way..

Pats win - surrounded by ecstatic fagets at work

Pats lose - surrounded by depresssed fagets at work

Poor me

I think the city will be off tomorrow here. This is an Eagles town first and foremost, I just hope they keep the peace.

Gusmoney is probably climbing the greased poles right now

Last edited:

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
It was a good game. I didn't care who won just wanted to be entertained.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Lol, it's like a Omen since I just picked up my Deagle yesterday. It was a good game, I should have put money on it.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Stop-start-stop-start-stop start....
Rinse and repeat.
4 hours for an 1 hour game.

I dunno, could that be one of the reasons why there appear to be so many fat kids in the USA if this is what they do at school? The two skinny kids must get to play quarterback and catcher/receiver, (or whatever those are called) - the rest get to play tubby dodgem cars banging into each other. Or sit in the stands eating from heart attack menus.

In any case, Congrats to the Eagles!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rinse and repeat.

I dunno, could that be one of the reasons why there appear to be so many fat kids in the USA if this is what they do at school? The two skinny kids must get to play quarterback and catcher/receiver, (or whatever those are called) - the rest get to play tubby dodgem cars banging into each other. Or sit in the stands eating from heart attack menus.

The Super Bowl for the most part isn't even about the game. The true fans care about the game but it's become more of a advertising bonanza and everything else.

It's just a reason for people to spend money on Super Bowl Parties and hang out. The game wasn't that bad but with all the stops and commercials, I just can't sit there the whole time and just watch the game. I always have to do something while I'm watching the game because I can't stand all the breaks.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
It's just a reason for people to spend money on Super Bowl Parties and hang out. The game wasn't that bad but with all the stops and commercials, I just can't sit there the whole time and just watch the game. I always have to do something while I'm watching the game because I can't stand all the breaks.

I hear ya.

Because to willingly put up with that whole 4 hour (or however long it is) stretch of that sport of yours just for the game itself, that's some dedicated discipline in my book.

I get the part if you were to maybe go to the stadium for the atmosphere of it all and a day/night out with your mates.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sMOsgCA.png

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I hear ya.

Because to willingly put up with that whole 4 hour (or however long it is) stretch of that sport of yours just for the game itself, that's some dedicated discipline in my book.

I get the part if you were to maybe go to the stadium for the atmosphere of it all and a day/night out with your mates.

Yes, watching a football game live is a great experience. I wouldn't pay the ridiculous ticket prices to see my team in a Super Bowl though. Even if I won free tickets, I would probably just flip them vs. being stuck in some chaotic stadium for 4+ hours with a ton of shit going on.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
and philly riots! Nothing like a good ol football riot

Apparently the city put grease on the traffic poles so people wouldn't climb them..didnt work.

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Rinse and repeat.

Don't forget the media hyping this game up for 2 weeks straight. It is ridiculous. I watched a few minutes of this game and knew the Patriots aren't winning this year so I played some DQ8 instead.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
and philly riots! Nothing like a good ol football riot

Apparently the city put grease on the traffic poles so people wouldn't climb them..didnt work.

All things considered I thought things weren't too bad, I used to think the city would be in flames the next day if they ever won it. Things were about the same as when the Phillies won it in '08, but I think the parade will probably be bigger come Thursday. Like I said as far as sports the city lives and dies Eagles, I don't listen to sports radio at all, but if I ever have it can be anytime of the year and all they want to talk about is the Eagles.

BTW
No one here really thought that greasing the poles with hydraulic fluid would stop them!

Also personally I think pro football is better on tv compared to live. The fact that you can have better viewing angles and you do have filler whether it is commercials or commentary between stops and starts kind of fills in some of the stoppages that you don't get by watching it live.

College football, I've never been to a "blueblood" game but I've been to the Temple Owls in addition to my lower division University and I do enjoy that more live than on television with the bands and pageantry I don't feel you get at a pro game. The college fans around here for the most part don't carry on like they do at an Eagles game, but again I've never been to a Penn State game for example.

Last edited:

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Fun fact: I went to one game this year, courtesy of Ralfakick, and the season ends in a Championship. NG'ers strike again and Fatal Philly riding high.

Tecmo_Eagles.png

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I hear ya.

Dedicated discipline is for those that are baseball fans, when there is a pitcher's duel going on or there are alot of pitching changes/one upsmanships going on that can be a snoozefest. That game in particular does lend itself to being a leisurely activity though you can enjoy with your friends more than any of the others and the ballparks have great atmosphere for the most part.

Last edited: