Questions about collecting mvs.

8bitForLife

Crazed MVS Addict
Im not so concerned about fakes. But is it frowned apon collectors to replaces labels if they are damaged? Just picked up my first 4 carts but i dont want get hung up on label quality when im buying.

mirkvid

n00b
Just keep them as is and play the things, you'll have more fun that way and when you want to sell them, they'll be more attractive as original I believe.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Me personally I don't replace labels, even if they're torn up. If they have serials on them, keep em. If you can't read the gsmr clearly, it won't hurt the value much at all to replace it unless it's a stupid low serial or a 666 serial.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
They're your carts so you do watchu want.

Personally if the label is original I don't replace em unless they're so fucked you can't even tell what it says. I'd rather keep em as original as they are. But all of the cheap fake labels that arcade ops and such put on carts, hell ya I replace those with nice replacement labels.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
They're your carts so you do watchu want.

Personally if the label is original I don't replace em unless they're so fucked you can't even tell what it says. I'd rather keep em as original as they are. But all of the cheap fake labels that arcade ops and such put on carts, hell ya I replace those with nice replacement labels.

I concur with my fellow MVS Executive.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
TBH, I do get hung up on labels. I know MVS carts are super utilitarian, but I figure if I might as well pay an extra few bucks or wait until a cart with a nice label is available before I pull the trigger. That said, I'm pretty selective of what I add to my MVS collection; I only have 10 games thus far. If I were collecting with a goal of having all games of a certain series or all MVS games, or something along those lines, I'd be less picky.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
I concur with my fellow MVS Executive.

^This man knows what he's talking about.

As for me...as still an Aspiring Freak (guessing that's where I still fall at the moment), the only thing that really drives me nuts is people who replace them and either don't mention it. Or they are trying to get the same value as if it were original. Yes, some of the replacements do look very nice, but I really don't plan on replacing any of mine. Would have to be absolutely destroyed before I'd think about it.

8bitForLife

Crazed MVS Addict
Thanks for input im picking up sengoku 3 ninja commandos and bust a move.

Im only going for stuff ill play at first.
Need to get ms2 msx sengoku 1/2 last resort blazing star cyberlip kotm 1/2 and samshow 2 to start collecting. I already got ms1 shock troopers 1/2 samshow 1
But anyways thanks for the info im a little anal with my segagenesis collection all mine have nice labels box art cases and manuals over 100 of them.

Im just so excited about collecting neogeo always wanted to but aes prices were insane. Decided to try mvs. Its always been a dream of mine.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member

Need to get ms2 msx sengoku 1/2 last resort blazing star cyberlip kotm 1/2 and samshow 2 to start collecting. I already got ms1 shock troopers 1/2 samshow 1
But anyways thanks for the info im a little anal with my segagenesis collection all mine have nice labels box art cases and manuals over 100 of them.

Im just so excited about collecting neogeo always wanted to but aes prices were insane. Decided to try mvs. Its always been a dream of mine.

Damn. Post the Gen collection to the collection gallery.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Decided to try mvs. Its always been a dream of mine.

new precedent! noobs must maintain accounts for nearly eight years before even mentioning that they want carts.
wow! Patient.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

Yeah I kinda wanna see this Genesis collection.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
new precedent! noobs must maintain accounts for nearly eight years before even mentioning that they want carts.
wow! Patient.

dude I am impressed - this is the first post from you that i've only needed to read once over to make sense of it!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Replacing labels is like kind of a mod -- if it's done with skill and quality, it'll be worth it.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Im not so concerned about fakes.

Starting an MVS collection in 2018 will be tough. If you're not concerned about fakes, why not just get the NeoSD? Not that I want to dissuade you from staring a collection. Just saying.

But is it frowned apon collectors to replaces labels if they are damaged? Just picked up my first 4 carts but i dont want get hung up on label quality when im buying.

What other said. I generally keep the labels, even if they are in a rough shape, as long as you can read what game it is. Condition of the label often reflects the overall condition of the cartridge, and having a crispy crisp label on a beat up cart is just weird.

8bitForLife

Crazed MVS Addict
took me for ever to get access to this place signed up but needed to be approved. it never happened so i then started trying to message mods through emails. I gave up after awhile. I was also a little intimidated by the forums and members after i bought dare i say it a neogeo x which i never bothered touching after i read the forums about it. Well I hope i can contribute to the forums. If anyone comes to my island ill treat ya to a movie theater i projectionist at and show you around.

incedently just got sengoku and possibly msx if i win the bid.

Last edited:

8bitForLife

Crazed MVS Addict
Starting an MVS collection in 2018 will be tough. If you're not concerned about fakes, why not just get the NeoSD? Not that I want to dissuade you from staring a collection. Just saying.

What other said. I generally keep the labels, even if they are in a rough shape, as long as you can read what game it is. Condition of the label often reflects the overall condition of the cartridge, and having a crispy crisp label on a beat up cart is just weird.

Ya i understand I just like physical stuff.
mZLS3wE.jpg

Last edited: