Last Resort glitch?

ovalfastlx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I was playing Last Resort on my Astro City on the 2P side and noticed that when I run out of ships and die, I don't get a continue screen, instead it continues to go through the level without a Ship. I'm playing on a 138 in 1 cart. And when started playing I hit the 2P start button. If I reset the game and start with 1P, the continue screen does come back on. Is this a multi cart thing? I don't own the original cart. I upload a video, could be that you guys know about it already.

https://youtu.be/hLFYom1IYj8

Last edited:

noir

Overtop Pathfinder
My legit cart doesn't behave this way. Playing only as 2P, when I run out of lives it goes to the continue screen.

ovalfastlx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
My legit cart doesn't behave this way. Playing only as 2P, when I run out of lives it goes to the continue screen.
So it's a Multi cart thing. I have the board running on Freeplay as well.

Last edited:

ovalfastlx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'm using a 1 slot board also on freeplay. Seems like a fun way to cheat yourself to the end of the level.
Yeah, cause you die off in the beginning of the level, then let it cruise to the end boss, and hit the start button, startoff at the last checkpoint. [emoji41]

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I had a glitch once, where my blue sphere hit the ground, flew out of bounds and never returned. Hehe... just kidding, but the part that's true: never use the blue ;).

ovalfastlx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I had a glitch once, where my blue sphere hit the ground, flew out of bounds and never returned. Hehe... just kidding, but the part that's true: never use the blue ;).
The red H is more of powerup than G and L?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I really don't think it makes a difference, I use blue or red. I can see why most like to use the red but I feel the mechanic wasn't fleshed out enough to make a difference.

ovalfastlx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I really don't think it makes a difference, I use blue or red. I can see why most like to use the red but I feel the mechanic wasn't fleshed out enough to make a difference.
I get the Red H, because it has homing missiles, I try to just pick that letter and color combo accross the stages, but now that you mention it, I see no extreme power increase. I was thinking ike how Blazing Lazers is on TG16.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I get the Red H, because it has homing missiles, I try to just pick that letter and color combo accross the stages, but now that you mention it, I see no extreme power increase. I was thinking ike how Blazing Lazers is on TG16.

The blue shot bounces back after the pod hits something, the red shot follows along the ground/ceiling for a bit before returning. Don't bother using the H shot, use the G shot, once it's powered up it's the most powerful weapon in the game.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

If you're good, then I agree that it doesn't make a huge difference. The trouble for a less skilled player is, that most important targets in LR are part of a larger body, which is invulnerable. If you happen to miss the target with blue, your sphere bounces away uncontrolled and valuable seconds pass before its return.

With red, the sphere follows the body part until it reaches the vulnerable target and gets back immediately. You don't have to worry about precise aiming anymore, it also doesn't take so much time for the sphere to return.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
If you're good, then I agree that it doesn't make a huge difference. The trouble for a less skilled player is, that most important targets in LR are part of a larger body, which is invulnerable. If you happen to miss the target with blue, your sphere bounces away uncontrolled and valuable seconds pass before its return.

With red, the sphere follows the body part until it reaches the vulnerable target and gets back immediately. You don't have to worry about precise aiming anymore, it also doesn't take so much time for the sphere to return.

That’s true but to Kids point there’s not that many places it’s even important or useful. Most of the time it truly doesn’t matter because you aren’t sending your bit into a wall etc.

The real takeaway is use the G shot, hands down the best weapon.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
That’s true but to Kids point there’s not that many places it’s even important or useful. Most of the time it truly doesn’t matter because you aren’t sending your bit into a wall etc.

The real takeaway is use the G shot, hands down the best weapon.

I really wish they would have fleshed out the UNIT mechanic cause it's real neat in its own way and slightly different the R-Type unit. And yea, G shot is lol powered when you get the full upgrade path. The only two spot that I could find that might be cool to use the Homing on is on stage 2, with the guys in the little floating pods, and on Stage 5 during the rock sequence....Other than that I can't imagine anyone using anything other than the G shot. I guess I could try a L run maybe just to see how it handles the areas with enemies on the ceiling and floor like the start of stage 4. Uggh, that last area on Stage 4 with the conveyor units, that would be ugly.