NG Game of the Month Feburary 2018 - Robo Army

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Ok with all this talk od worrying about serial numbers on systems getting retrobrite damage and scoping RGB lines, let's back to what it's really all about. PLAYING THE FUCKING GAMES.

This month's NGGotM is Robo Army aka Hobo Army. Default settings, 1 credit play. Let's see who actually plays games or just talks about it. Depending on the turnout there may be a prize.

52d5cc6a443f5abfa3ba6947d701a315.jpg70.jpg

Robo Army Top Dudes

1.Chu Chu - 60,700 - Stage 4 - MVS
2.radiantsvgun - 55,300 - Stage 4 -MVS
3.Evan - 39,600 - Stage 2 - AES
4.Jeneki - 37,500 - Stage 3 - MVS
5.lachlan - 17,900 - MVS
6.flashbackx - 16,400 - MVS

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Damn you move so slow, it makes Final Fight look fast. On a related note this was a Nick Arcade game.

popped in two attempts and got dunked at mega chicken.

aeE35Scl.jpg

Last edited:

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
PLAYING THE FUCKING GAMES.

I couldn’t agree with this more, sadly I haven’t picked up Robo Army on MVS after selling the home cart so I can’t join on this one. Love the Neo game of the month idea though, hope it keeps rolling.

Till next month I’ll be on the Blazing Star competition over in the arcade forum.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Hmm looks like my nephews played this one last, I should never have showed them how to get into the soft dips menu. What are the correct default settings?

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Will hop on this on Saturday, stoked to play a neo beat em up.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Hmm looks like my nephews played this one last, I should never have showed them how to get into the soft dips menu. What are the correct default settings?

Lvl 4 and 2 lives I think. :D

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Tried a few more times and got past the spider boss in Level 4. It might just be me but it seems enemies can interrupt you for no reason when trying to combo them. It is really annoying.

e3KoTD7.jpg

2 Player character is pretty cool but not sure if he is better than 1. From the little I've played his throw is a bearhug which looks cool, but you're stuck longer in it (not good imo). Special is a little different?

Last edited:

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
RoboArmy_Jeneki_37500.jpg
Jeneki - 37,500 - Stage 3 - MVS

Well I beat my old high score. Finally wrecked the Car Muncher boss by using the entire special meter.

Pressing 1+2 is a back attack similar to Double Dragon elbow. It 1-shots enemies that normally take two punches and they tend to walk into it. Seems pretty useful.

Otherwise walking straight at enemies and attacking once, then walking away seems to work. They must get invincibility frames as every time I try to hit multiple times I just get punched in the face. Bosses will will take hits continuously though, until they randomly decide to counter; I have no idea what kind of strategy we're supposed to use against them.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I needed an excuse to get back on my Neo Geo. It's been a while. I will give this a shot on the weekend, although I don't expect to do well as I've never given much time to it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Gave it a couple attempts and this was the best I could get. I was starting to get the pattern so who knows with a little practice...

1.jpg

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I spent around a half hour looking for useful strategy and/or videos. Finally found something that shows good boss strategy I'm able to reproduce:

The guerilla boss is really picky about how you position the safe spot, if I line up my shadow on a rock to the right it will work, otherwise not. If I screw it up, two special attacks kills it.

On the car muncher boss I can duplicate the safe spot every time, so that fight is trivial now.

Stage 3 I need lots of work on still, so no comment on the rest of the video.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
55300- Rich-MVS-Stage 4

My best advice on this game? Hit and run. Don't bother with the first monkey boss, two specials will destroy him. The second boss you can kind of keep in a loop with jump attacks. This game is terrible at crowd control so you need to really try to pull 1 or 2 enemies and take them out instead of an entire group. The back attack does a ton of damage too.

1ZkwiSZl.jpg

p0NYSwil.jpg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Your CRT is crisp as fuck radiant, what the hell.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I might have to switch to p2 side. Robo helmet is awesome and dropping meteors on people's head looks cooler than the energy wave.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Played some more this morning before work. Still can't make much more progress. Chu might have this one in the bag.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
IMG_20180223_134932036~01.jpg

Yeaaaaa I seem to do better 2 player...

AES normal mode...

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Billy Mitchell here, submitting a higher score from my secret vhs tape backup I had.

ChuChu Flamingo 78,700 Stage 5 Level 4 MVS

PhotoFunia-1519880141.jpg

Last edited: