Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 115

Thread: New Ninja Turtles cartoon looks...

  1. #51
    NEANDERTHAL FUCKER
    SML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Pale Blue Dot

    Posts
    9,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury V. View Post
    Not a fan of the SJW ninja turtles.
    God made Maury V. black because of an SJW agenda.

  2. #52
    Not Average Joe.
    Not Average Homeowner.
    Not Average At All.
    FAT$TACKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Owensboro, KY USA

    Posts
    2,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    And what's that? Some woman is campaigning to be the first female Bond?
    I just want to respond to that.

    I'm all for a female Bond, just so long as they do it right.

    By right I mean,


    She has to be just lecherous as 1960's era movie bond.

    There still has to be a bond girl to be her love interest and the character must be named Sapphica.

    The enemy hide out must be located on the Isle of Lesbos.

    The story line should be something along the lines of "Hackers have taken control all the project Thor satellites and are demanding ? something ?.

    To prove they are serious they unleash the rod of god weapon on what seems to be an unlikely target, Pussay France. However, this was done because it is where their secret underground intelligence and cyber combat headquarters is located.

    The story then takes off from there in typical bond fashion.

  3. #53
    Mai's Apprentice

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Louis

    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post
    that's how women looked in the 80's
    my grandma told me about it
    She's missing shoulder pads.

  4. #54
    World's Greatest Scheißeposter Dr Shroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ
    Posts
    18,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    Why is everything pointy-looking now? The Ducktales reboot is too.
    when you pay one sack of rice per day, this is what you get.
    for all we know this shit was probably made in a north korean prison camp.


  5. #55
    WA6TJE
    SouthtownKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA

    Posts
    21,284
    We're now criticizing the Duck Tales reboot, too? You guys are way off-base with that. The new Duck Tales is fantastically designed with a style and atmosphere that elaborately and lovingly homages the original source material: the 1950s Scrooge comics. Right down to incorporating color dot patterns into the art. The new Duck Tales is created by infinitely bigger fans of Duck Tales than anyone grouchily complaining about it. I will agree the new version of the theme song is a step down, though.

    And as for this Bond tangent, I'm not in favor of a female Bond. I'm not in favor of a gay Bond. But I think a bisexual Bond is an inevitability, and I am fine with that.

  6. #56
    Mr Big's Escort
    Bogard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    LONDON

    Posts
    3,207
    i really didn't like the cg nickelodeon version that was aimed for toddlers. besides the sjw shit, this actually looks better and kind of reminds me of the cartoon network shows such as dexter's laboratory. probably going to suck but who knows, it might be good, but in a way we don't expect it to be.

  7. #57
    Raiden's Valet
    Morden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Neo Geo World

    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeXsound View Post
    I feel so bad for us exploited white people. We must keep our fictional characters white at all costs.
    That's not what I meant, and you know it. It's the absurdity of the whole SJW agenda and the way they force it by attacking everything and everyone on the social media. Because there are no racial or equality issues more important than having game, cartoon, movie and comic characters turning gay, different color or the opposite gender. It's a distraction fueled by the narrow mindset of keyboard jockeys.

    You know April O'Neil wasn't originally a reporter, right? She was a programmer and worked at a second-hand store. You know, the places that the people who can't pull themselves up by the bootstraps shop at.
    No, I didn't know that, and I'll admit it, because I'm not a hipster wannabe who goes through a Wiki and wants people to believe he was the original turtlehead. If she was a programmer, that's cool too, but the franchise went a different direction with her character before Turtles hit the big time, so I guess for someone like me she'll always be a reporter, and for someone who'll be learning about Turtles from the new cartoon, she'll be a black teen with a bat. Whatever.

    Like I said, it's not about any one thing with this particular cartoon. It's about all of the changes combined. I have zero issues with female characters, or characters of color, but I take issue with the SJW of forcing things through. I feel that making someone black or a woman these days is a way of gaining attention and support for their product. SJW will pick up on this and spread the news, thus making the thing, whatever it might be, more successful. That's why I feel these changes are often disingenuous.

    Internet collectively shit their pants when Cloud Atlas had a Caucasian actor made look Asian, but nobody even commented that IN THE SAME MOVIE you have an Asian playing a Caucasian redhead. Not only that, some people complained that if "yellow face" was used, why was there no "black face"? Because apparently, even when using supposedly racist make-up, you have to be all inclusive. I guess having the actual actors representing several skin colors wasn't enough. And the fact that the movie was directed by two transgender men wasn't enough either. Because nothing is ever enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by fakeXsound View Post
    Wh...wh..whwahat is this??? A WO-MAN TARTLE??? If women want to be turtles they should do so ORGANICALLY!
    That's right. Organically. In a way that actually makes some kind of sense. Like when Gargamel made one single chick and sent her to a sausage fest known as the Smurf Village. Because she couldn't just materialize out of thin air in a town of swinging dicks. And it would be weird if one of the regular characters suddenly grew long hair and a pair of boobs.

    People often take the mental shortcut, and believe that if someone is against stupid gender or race swaps, they're against gender and race equality. That's obviously not true. Unfortunately, a white male can't have an opinion.

  8. #58
    NEANDERTHAL FUCKER
    SML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Pale Blue Dot

    Posts
    9,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    I feel that making someone black or a woman these days is a way of gaining attention and support for their product. SJW will pick up on this and spread the news, thus making the thing, whatever it might be, more successful. That's why I feel these changes are often disingenuous.
    Yet most of the free advertising comes from the people complaining about it.

  9. #59
    Last Blade Swordsmith

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cologne

    Posts
    4,863
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
    And as for this Bond tangent, I'm not in favor of a female Bond. I'm not in favor of a gay Bond. But I think a bisexual Bond is an inevitability, and I am fine with that.
    That's an interesting point. Personally, I'd be fine with an LGBT character that is equivalent to Bond. This character would certainly have the potential to become at least as cool as Bond, because the LGBT community has very talented people to offer, who could easily give us a witty, cocky and larger-than-life vision of a spy, or not even spy at all, without pushing the LGBT agenda into the narrow, dusty frame of a James Bond.

    Pushing it this way, would rather appear like a sort of out of time vengeance, a bigoted provocation predicted by inferiority complexes, rather then a creative and honest design. I also doubt that such a Bond would be done by the community, we've seen it before with Brokeback Mountain, where Gus Van Sant was denied the project, which was passed to Lee later on, loosing all of its spirit over the course of this re-orientation.

    I'm afraid, that an LGBT Bond would end up being a self-mockery for this community, sort of like a straight version of Dorian Gray for any hetero.
    Last edited by oliverclaude; 02-03-2018 at 07:05 AM.

  10. #60
    NeoSneth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    St Louis , MO

    Posts
    8,469
    How many people guessed a forum of nostalgic man children would negatively respond to a new art style for TMNT?


    Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch

  11. #61
    JukeBox Hero!
    Famicommander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver

    Posts
    5,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogard View Post
    i really didn't like the cg nickelodeon version that was aimed for toddlers. besides the sjw shit, this actually looks better and kind of reminds me of the cartoon network shows such as dexter's laboratory. probably going to suck but who knows, it might be good, but in a way we don't expect it to be.
    The Nickelodeon show is actually pretty decent. And the art style, despite the CG, shits all over this new show from a great height.

    Turtles 2003 > Turtles 2012 > Turtles 1987

    I loved the original show as a kid but it's pretty hard to try to watch it now. It doesn't even hold up as well as something like Thundercats, which has also aged poorly in places.

  12. #62
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,768
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
    We're now criticizing the Duck Tales reboot, too? You guys are way off-base with that. The new Duck Tales is fantastically designed with a style and atmosphere that elaborately and lovingly homages the original source material: the 1950s Scrooge comics. Right down to incorporating color dot patterns into the art. The new Duck Tales is created by infinitely bigger fans of Duck Tales than anyone grouchily complaining about it. I will agree the new version of the theme song is a step down, though.

    And as for this Bond tangent, I'm not in favor of a female Bond. I'm not in favor of a gay Bond. But I think a bisexual Bond is an inevitability, and I am fine with that.
    Why would Bond make a big deal about his sexuality?

    Gender focus is for the smallest of minds.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  13. #63
    Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
    DecepticonZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boston

    Posts
    4,304
    I've been a fan of TMNT since the 80s. I started with the cartoon, but was introduced to the original Mirage run by an older cousin. I started to go weekly to the store with my parents and buy all the old back issues. One thing you realize is that over time, the artists will take liberties and change the turtles. Even in the original run of books their design would change and there would be offshoot stories about them in different periods of history. This happens so much that they made a small miniseries about it that air on Nickelodeon.

    I've been watching the last series with my daughter and I can say that it's pretty damn good. It often has cues back to both the comic and the playmates toy line. It's very well done, though they didn't let the creators end the series the way they wanted which kinda sucked. It was updated just enough to make kids like it while also keeping it interesting for parents my age who have to sit through these shows

    I don't digg the new art style, but I'll reserve judgement on it until I see an episode. Its going to be interesting to see a series that doesn't have the same origin story, fight shredder, war for NY, kill shredder, repeat story arch. The thing with this series has always been if the current show doesn't suit you, just give it a few years and watch the next one.

    Also, the new DuckTales is fucking phenomenal. Hyped for Darkwing duck to show up.
    Last edited by DecepticonZero; 02-03-2018 at 02:45 PM.

  14. #64
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,768
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSneth View Post
    How many people guessed a forum of nostalgic man children would negatively respond to a new art style for TMNT?
    The art style sucks no matter what time period you're from.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  15. #65
    Raiden's Valet
    Morden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Neo Geo World

    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by SML View Post
    Yet most of the free advertising comes from the people complaining about it.
    Any press is good press.

  16. #66
    Super Spy Agent
    bartre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Nebraska

    Posts
    753
    Am I the only one that thinks the turtles look more like bugs in this new art style?
    I think a lot of it breaks down to the feet.

    I was immediately annoyed by April, though mostly because she's not supposed to be the same age as the turtles (at least to my knowledge)

    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Turtles 2003 > Turtles 2012 > Turtles 1987
    close.
    As much as I like 2012 turtles, I think the OG beats it.
    though I'll admit that's largely due to nostalgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    2. This is by far the dumbest thread I've seen in a while..

  17. #67
    SouthTown StreetSweeper
    NeuroticMoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    California

    Posts
    555
    I don't mind the more angular look, it's those stupid faces that are bugging me, which for all we know will look better when being animated so they don't all look like big toothed dorks. I also heard that this is just production art, and cartoon designs can often change heavily from initial promos to the final product.

    Quote Originally Posted by bartre View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks the turtles look more like bugs in this new art style?
    I think a lot of it breaks down to the feet.

    I was immediately annoyed by April, though mostly because she's not supposed to be the same age as the turtles (at least to my knowledge)



    close.
    As much as I like 2012 turtles, I think the OG beats it.
    though I'll admit that's largely due to nostalgia
    She was already a teenager in the last Nickelodeon show, it was just as stupid then
    Last edited by NeuroticMoose; 02-03-2018 at 05:54 PM.

  18. #68
    Geese's Thug
    HornheaDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Hells Kitchen

    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
    ... The new Duck Tales is fantastically designed with a style and atmosphere that elaborately and lovingly homages the original source material: the 1950s Scrooge comics. Right down to incorporating color dot patterns into the art. The new Duck Tales is created by infinitely bigger fans of Duck Tales than anyone grouchily complaining about it....
    but it still looks like garbage, just like the new TMN(ot)T

  19. #69
    MS Paint Master. Renmauzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    P.E.I, Canada

    Posts
    3,345
    New Ducktales is fantastic, in look and and content.

  20. #70
    NeoSneth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    St Louis , MO

    Posts
    8,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    The art style sucks no matter what time period you're from.
    No wai. it's edgy like the youth of today.


    Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch

  21. #71
    Art of Typing Wiz


    Viewpoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas

    Posts
    4,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Why would Bond make a big deal about his sexuality?

    Gender focus is for the smallest of minds.
    My only thing about the new Bond is it shouldn't be called Bond. They're literally piggybacking off the "Bond" name to make more people want to see it. Honestly they should have had the balls to just make something new instead.

    I'm still waiting for the male tomb raider series.

  22. #72
    Charlotte's Breastplate Polisher
    fakeXsound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mass

    Posts
    5,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    That's not what I meant, and you know it. It's the absurdity of the whole SJW agenda and the way they force it by attacking everything and everyone on the social media. Because there are no racial or equality issues more important than having game, cartoon, movie and comic characters turning gay, different color or the opposite gender. It's a distraction fueled by the narrow mindset of keyboard jockeys.
    I think it is what you meant, whether you want to admit it to yourself or not. Boils down to the same thing really. I don't know about you, but I've never seen SJWs running with #MakeAprilOneilBlack.


    Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    No, I didn't know that, and I'll admit it, because I'm not a hipster wannabe who goes through a Wiki and wants people to believe he was the original turtlehead. If she was a programmer, that's cool too, but the franchise went a different direction with her character before Turtles hit the big time, so I guess for someone like me she'll always be a reporter, and for someone who'll be learning about Turtles from the new cartoon, she'll be a black teen with a bat. Whatever.
    Exactly. See? It doesn't matter. Different people have different interpretations of characters and stories. Even just within TMNT, E&M were always having other artists and writers put their own spin on the characters. Look up Turtle Soup. Edit: Or even series 2 of the TMNT comics, where Donatello is a fucking bat. Like the flying mammal sort of bat, not the wooden bat that your new enemy is using.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    Like I said, it's not about any one thing with this particular cartoon. It's about all of the changes combined. I have zero issues with female characters, or characters of color, but I take issue with the SJW of forcing things through. I feel that making someone black or a woman these days is a way of gaining attention and support for their product. SJW will pick up on this and spread the news, thus making the thing, whatever it might be, more successful. That's why I feel these changes are often disingenuous.
    I'm no SJW. I was rolling my eyes the other day when someone was trying to convince me that voice-enabled AI is "racist" because the artificial voices are geared towards middle to upper class white people. But your argument truly sounds like a conspiracy theory. Do you actually think Hollywood (for example) are gearing their content toward SJWs, a mostly fringe movement? I can tell you that they're not. If they're making decisions to give women or black people or whoever more screen time, it's for a variety of reasons, not because of "body-positive" neurotics on their computers. Honestly, you're either severely misinformed or extremely gullible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    Internet collectively shit their pants when Cloud Atlas had a Caucasian actor made look Asian, but nobody even commented that IN THE SAME MOVIE you have an Asian playing a Caucasian redhead. Not only that, some people complained that if "yellow face" was used, why was there no "black face"? Because apparently, even when using supposedly racist make-up, you have to be all inclusive. I guess having the actual actors representing several skin colors wasn't enough. And the fact that the movie was directed by two transgender men wasn't enough either. Because nothing is ever enough.
    I'll give you that one, but two wrongs don't make a right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    That's right. Organically. In a way that actually makes some kind of sense. Like when Gargamel made one single chick and sent her to a sausage fest known as the Smurf Village. Because she couldn't just materialize out of thin air in a town of swinging dicks. And it would be weird if one of the regular characters suddenly grew long hair and a pair of boobs.
    So retooling characters, story lines, etc. are off limits for a reboot? Toby McGuire should have Benjamin Button'd into Andrew Garfield, who then had to shed his skin like a snake to reveal Tom Holland within the Spider-Man narrative? FFS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    People often take the mental shortcut, and believe that if someone is against stupid gender or race swaps, they're against gender and race equality. That's obviously not true. Unfortunately, a white male can't have an opinion.
    I'd say that you're the one taking the mental shortcut, putting up a facade for the true reasons you feel the way you do. I would have given you the benefit of the doubt, but your last sentence of your post says more than I ever could.

    I don't really care; you're a guy on the internet. I'm not going to try to change you. I'm not going to try to change anyone by trying to convince them of anything. Any sort of fixes to social inequality (and the backlash of efforts to reach equality) are going to be slow and come from a result of countless small actions, not from arguing with people on the internet.

    That said, I don't always pass up the chance to get someone worked up.
    Last edited by fakeXsound; 02-04-2018 at 09:34 PM.

  23. #73
    Charlotte's Breastplate Polisher
    fakeXsound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mass

    Posts
    5,660
    PS: Regarding female / gay Bond... Did anyone else see Atomic Blonde and think it was a huge missed opportunity? Super cool character, but it had a shitty, convoluted story. If they hit it out of the park, they'd have a bi-yearly IP on their hands. (I don't think anything along the same lines of Bond is going to attain that same level of cultural cache.)

  24. #74
    Baxter McMuggle
    DevilRedeemed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    ArgentinA.۞

    Posts
    9,968
    The name's Bond
    Igs waz here



    "That's Phat"
    Fred Durst, VMAs 2000

  25. #75
    Baxter McMuggle
    DevilRedeemed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    ArgentinA.۞

    Posts
    9,968
    Jane Bond
    Igs waz here



    "That's Phat"
    Fred Durst, VMAs 2000

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •