New Ninja Turtles cartoon looks...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I must be eating crazy pills because I like these radical new designs.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Nah, they should call it something totally different. Like... Uncharted.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Maybe they took the "mutant" part of the title seriously this time...

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Holy fuck those are terrible.

No argument here. The comments section on that page is full of negative opinions, but like in here, I'm guessing it's all adults. I'm sure they've done their market research and tested this crap with kids. Otherwise, they wouldn't be going all out. Kids don't care.

It's like Lego Bionicle. When I first saw it, I immediately thought it was ugly as sin, didn't give you the regular Lego experience and was a huge miss on Lego's part. Well ... I just checked, and that crap is still around, so someone obviously likes it.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
No argument here. The comments section on that page is full of negative opinions, but like in here, I'm guessing it's all adults. I'm sure they've done their market research and tested this crap with kids. Otherwise, they wouldn't be going all out. Kids don't care.

It's like Lego Bionicle. When I first saw it, I immediately thought it was ugly as sin, didn't give you the regular Lego experience and was a huge miss on Lego's part. Well ... I just checked, and that crap is still around, so someone obviously likes it.

This is years old, but it's a good example of how the fucking idiots in the marketing departments don't have any fucking idea what they're doing, especially as far as focus groups are concerned: https://io9.gizmodo.com/green-lantern-producers-comic-explains-why-animation-fo-1563036007

It's a little comic by a producer who worked on Bruce Timm's short-lived Green Lantern show

Robert

20 Year Member
This is years old, but it's a good example of how the fucking idiots in the marketing departments don't have any fucking idea what they're doing, especially as far as focus groups are concerned: https://io9.gizmodo.com/green-lantern-producers-comic-explains-why-animation-fo-1563036007

It's a little comic by a producer who worked on Bruce Timm's short-lived Green Lantern show

Thanks for the interesting link. I never figured out how they actually tested the cartoon on kids. it's quite scary in some way.
I also think that with 37, I'm not exactly the target audience here.
Same for the TMNT new action figures. New generation, new tastes.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
New generation, new tastes.

Good comment. Yet the source is not new and if tastes are reduced to appearances alone, then this "new" generation is just an appearance itself and we are just yelling at clouds. Anyway, it's at least interesting to observe how unattractive the tabula rasa became in this seemingly 'revolutionary' age of the internet.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
The toys don't look great, but I kind of imagined they'd be worse somehow based on those designs. The animation is so flat looking I can't believe there would be a good way to bring them into the third dimension.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I'm assuming a certain CEO didn't want to say no to his kid's drawings?

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
There is a playset coming out that has two arcade cabs in it. Both showing screens of the old Konami arcade game

As a painful reminder of how good things were way back when, I'm sure. And daaaayum ... is it just me, or do those turtles look more retarded each time they show new pictures of the toys?

2Heed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
I get that Donatello's the "smart" turtle and apparently his head must be bigger to indicate his larger brain or something, but his Homer Simpson shaped head is really off-putting.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Bump.

We've watched the first five episodes a handful of times now. It's actually not so bad. It's made for kids and it's quickly bumped DuckTales from the #1 spot in my house. It very much reminds me of the guest era of the original Mirage run.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Bump.

We've watched the first five episodes a handful of times now. It's actually not so bad. It's made for kids and it's quickly bumped DuckTales from the #1 spot in my house. It very much reminds me of the guest era of the original Mirage run.

besides the sjw shit, i knew it wasn't going to be as bad as every one said it was. i still can't get my self to like the nickelodeon cg series every one likes so much.