Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 159

Thread: Roseanne come back

  1. #51
    Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
    M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Michigan, USA

    Posts
    2,036
    I had forgotten that their Dad used to beat the both of them, so, that's further food for thought for sure.
    "It's a horrifying, romantic, tragic, comical, science-fiction cowboy detective novel. You know, with a bit of pornography, if you're lucky."
    - Alan Moore on Life

  2. #52
    Akari's Big Brother
    joe8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Australia

    Posts
    2,544
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
    Goodman CHARACTER. The character Goodman played, Dan Conner, was dead at the end of the original series.
    In any form of media, whether it's theater, a novel, a comic book, a film, or a TV show, there are always ways to bring dead characters back.

    Roseanne was interesting in that it was the only sitcom I've seen where the family members actually shouted at each other when they were mad, almost loud enough to annoy the TV audience. I guess that was because it was supposed to be a realistic, working-class sitcom.
    Last edited by joe8; 02-10-2018 at 02:55 AM.
    Shock Troopers high score- 17,364,600

  3. #53
    A Broken Man LoneSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beijing

    Posts
    31,400
    There is a really fantastic speech by Tom Arnold given at Roseanne's roast that got really heavy, really quick talking about their young years.

  4. #54
    Cholecystectomy Required.
    ggallegos1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Milford, CT

    Posts
    3,097
    Quote Originally Posted by M View Post
    I had forgotten that their Dad used to beat the both of them, so, that's further food for thought for sure.
    I was unaware of that detail as well, so the diversity of the topic gets more complicated within the plot. Your views on her character make much more sense now
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    Switch FC 0965 2531 6217

    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

  5. #55
    I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.
    ChopstickSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Planet Earth

    Posts
    1,223
    So I finally got around to watching the premiere tonight and it didn't completely suck. This is the first time I've watched network TV in years.

    Darlene felt a bit flat on the acting side to me, but I liked the references to past seasons (especially the last one and new Becky), and laughed more than once. For the most part it seems they got the feel of the old show. I'll definitely be sticking with it for now. What did you guys think?

  6. #56
    NG.com Tattoo Artist.
    djjimmyjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brockport, NY

    Posts
    770
    I thought it was amazing. Can’t wait for more episodes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesagwa View Post
    If a middle aged woman shitting on a glass coffee table shocks you, let me welcome you to the internet as you must be new here.

  7. #57

    Neo Alec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    7,879
    I enjoyed it. It's unfortunate that Fox News has divided our culture to the point where even a network sitcom is controversial and everyone is being asked to pick a side in the news media.

    My family used to watch the original show together, but now my mom won't watch the reboot because, "she is a Trumper."

    Ironically the old show seemed mainly disliked by religious conservatives back in the day due to its crass sense of humor. Now the right is eating it up, even though the majority of the show staff seem to lean liberal.

  8. #58
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    I enjoyed it. It's unfortunate that Fox News has divided our culture to the point where even a network sitcom is controversial and everyone is being asked to pick a side in the news media.

    My family used to watch the original show together, but now my mom won't watch the reboot because, "she is a Trumper."

    Ironically the old show seemed mainly disliked by religious conservatives back in the day due to its crass sense of humor. Now the right is eating it up, even though the majority of the show staff seem to lean liberal.
    I read the review and it’s a dream show for confused white nationalists.

    Jackie is an obnoxious libtard wearing a pussy hat and a Hillary shirt (in 2018)

    Roseanne is the level headed rationalist who almost lost her house to that bastard Obama.

    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  9. #59
    Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Kentucky State Penitentiary

    Posts
    6,384
    I'm sick of all this reboot shit. Why can't people accept that something they liked is gone? That's life.

  10. #60

    Neo Alec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    7,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    I read the review and it’s a dream show for confused white nationalists.

    Jackie is an obnoxious libtard wearing a pussy hat and a Hillary shirt (in 2018)

    Roseanne is the level headed rationalist who almost lost her house to that bastard Obama.

    Jackie wore that to deliberately provoke Roseanne because she knew she would be coming over for the first time in a year. It's a plot device because it ties in to the political conversation that ensues.

    I don't recall the part about losing the house because of Obama being in the show.

  11. #61
    Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
    M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Michigan, USA

    Posts
    2,036
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    I'm sick of all this reboot shit. Why can't people accept that something they liked is gone? That's life.
    It probably just makes more sense to media executives to put their money into something that they already know has a large fan base and is all but guaranteed lots of viewers and advertising dollars, rather than risking it on something new.
    "It's a horrifying, romantic, tragic, comical, science-fiction cowboy detective novel. You know, with a bit of pornography, if you're lucky."
    - Alan Moore on Life

  12. #62
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    Jackie wore that to deliberately provoke Roseanne because she knew she would be coming over for the first time in a year. It's a plot device because it ties in to the political conversation that ensues.

    I don't recall the part about losing the house because of Obama being in the show.

    “The reboot directly addresses the ideological divide that many American families face. Roseanne (Barr) and her liberal sister, Jackie (Laurie Metcalf), have not spoken to each other since election night. The former’s daughter Darlene (Sara Gilbert) tries to help her mother and aunt, who sports a pink knitted hat and a “Nasty Woman” T-shirt, make amends by planning a family dinner.

    Roseanne proceeds to tell her sister that Trump “talked about jobs, Jackie, he said to shake things up. I know this may come as a shock to you, but we almost lost our house because of the way things are going.”


    Jackie retorts: “Have you looked at the news? Because now things are worse,” to which Roseanne replies, “Not on the real news.””
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...sode-in-years/
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  13. #63
    I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.
    ChopstickSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Planet Earth

    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    I'm sick of all this reboot shit. Why can't people accept that something they liked is gone? That's life.
    Network TV is dismal these days due to cable and streaming services putting out amazing content. It's just yet another example of traditional media refusing to adapt. The reboot shows do well in the ratings, so for the time being that's their strategy. Hey remember when you liked us? We brought your old nostalgic show back!

    Eventually people will tire of them and stop watching. But then again we're all retarded so probably not.

  14. #64
    Baxter McMuggle
    DevilRedeemed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    ArgentinA.۞

    Posts
    10,322
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    I'm sick of all this reboot shit. Why can't people accept that something they liked is gone? That's life.
    because easy money unfortunately.
    nostalgia is hot product.

    edit: also as a vehicle to push agenda and sell lifestyle and products.

    I have felt for some time that the investment into making the the 1980s so relevant once more is because how 80s values could once again bolster certain policy and political-economic venture
    Last edited by DevilRedeemed; 04-02-2018 at 02:55 PM.
    IgP waz here


  15. #65

    Neo Alec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    7,879
    I've never seen Roseanne as the rationalist, but I suppose that completely depends on your perspective. I remember seeing her interviewed on the Adam Corolla show In about 2005 and thinking she'd lost most of her marbles, so I had no expectations of her being the sensible one.

    Now it just comes down to what they write for her, and the lines in the scene quoted are consistent with her character.
    Last edited by Neo Alec; 04-02-2018 at 03:39 PM.

  16. #66
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey

    Posts
    6,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    I enjoyed it. It's unfortunate that Fox News has divided our culture to the point where even a network sitcom is controversial and everyone is being asked to pick a side in the news media.
    Hold on a Sec. You say Fox News is dividing our Culture, How about CNN and NBC? They aren't dividing our culture with their Libtard bullshit?

    Shit works both ways bro.
    Last edited by RAZO; 04-02-2018 at 05:45 PM.

  17. #67
    SEARCH
    FUNCTION
    GOD!
    Hippo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida

    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    I'm sick of all this reboot shit. Why can't people accept that something they liked is gone? That's life.
    LMAO posted on a forum for a forgotten extremely expensive videogame console.

  18. #68
    I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.
    ChopstickSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Planet Earth

    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
    LMAO posted on a forum for a forgotten extremely expensive videogame console.
    NEVER FORGET.

  19. #69

    Neo Alec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    7,879
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    Hold on a Sec. You say Fox News is dividing our Culture, How about CNN and NBC? They aren't dividing our culture with their Libtard bullshit?

    Shit works both ways bro.
    No, not really. Those two other networks may have found an audience, but they were founded as news networks. They were not created with a political agenda of two specific people. I have also never heard of those other networks brainwashing people to the point of splitting families apart. Conservatives love to make things out to be a false equivalancy; a two-way street, but only conservatives ever try to make that argument.

  20. #70
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey

    Posts
    6,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    No, not really. Those two other networks may have found an audience, but they were founded as news networks. They were not created with a political agenda of two specific people. I have also never heard of those other networks brainwashing people to the point of splitting families apart. Conservatives love to make things out to be a false equivalancy; a two-way street, but only conservatives ever try to make that argument.

    Lol, I Watch CNN and NBC and I see the same exact thing from them. They do the same Brainwashing. You just don't notice it because you buy into everything they say. I like how Fox News go's against the grain and combats that fake news shit.

    http://www.businessinsider.com/what-...eology-2014-10

  21. #71
    Hardened Shock Trooper
    basic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ???

    Posts
    431
    i've been waiting on a perfect stranger reboot forever

  22. #72
    Baxter McMuggle
    DevilRedeemed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    ArgentinA.۞

    Posts
    10,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
    LMAO posted on a forum for a forgotten extremely expensive videogame console.
    Hardly applies
    Hardly the same thing
    IgP waz here


  23. #73
    NeoSneth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    St Louis , MO

    Posts
    8,774
    I'm not watching this show, but I am really annoyed at how the left media is treating it.


    Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch

  24. #74
    Neo-Geo.com's
    Top Rated Bully.
    FilthyRear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces

    Posts
    7,170
    The way this reboot trend is going, and the fact that Rosanne did so well, I wouldn't be surprised if ABC wanted to resurrect the entire TGIF lineup.

    Imagine a "Family Matters" where Steve Urkel is a domestic abuser.


    Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    And this is why I don't post here more often. Some truly terrible posts here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSegaDude View Post
    There's a reason why I don't post much here...

  25. #75
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    52,249
    Quote Originally Posted by FilthyRear View Post
    The way this reboot trend is going, and the fact that Rosanne did so well, I wouldn't be surprised if ABC wanted to resurrect the entire TGIF lineup.

    Imagine a "Family Matters" where Steve Urkel is a domestic abuser.
    With Jordan Peele playing Reginald Veljohnson. Literally the actor Veljohnson, not the role of the dad.

    This happened already.

    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •