Roseanne come back

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I had forgotten that their Dad used to beat the both of them, so, that's further food for thought for sure.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Goodman CHARACTER. The character Goodman played, Dan Conner, was dead at the end of the original series.

In any form of media, whether it's theater, a novel, a comic book, a film, or a TV show, there are always ways to bring dead characters back.

Roseanne was interesting in that it was the only sitcom I've seen where the family members actually shouted at each other when they were mad, almost loud enough to annoy the TV audience. I guess that was because it was supposed to be a realistic, working-class sitcom.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
There is a really fantastic speech by Tom Arnold given at Roseanne's roast that got really heavy, really quick talking about their young years.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I had forgotten that their Dad used to beat the both of them, so, that's further food for thought for sure.

I was unaware of that detail as well, so the diversity of the topic gets more complicated within the plot. Your views on her character make much more sense now

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
So I finally got around to watching the premiere tonight and it didn't completely suck. This is the first time I've watched network TV in years.

Darlene felt a bit flat on the acting side to me, but I liked the references to past seasons (especially the last one and new Becky), and laughed more than once. For the most part it seems they got the feel of the old show. I'll definitely be sticking with it for now. What did you guys think?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I enjoyed it. It's unfortunate that Fox News has divided our culture to the point where even a network sitcom is controversial and everyone is being asked to pick a side in the news media.

My family used to watch the original show together, but now my mom won't watch the reboot because, "she is a Trumper."

Ironically the old show seemed mainly disliked by religious conservatives back in the day due to its crass sense of humor. Now the right is eating it up, even though the majority of the show staff seem to lean liberal.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I enjoyed it. It's unfortunate that Fox News has divided our culture to the point where even a network sitcom is controversial and everyone is being asked to pick a side in the news media.

My family used to watch the original show together, but now my mom won't watch the reboot because, "she is a Trumper."

Ironically the old show seemed mainly disliked by religious conservatives back in the day due to its crass sense of humor. Now the right is eating it up, even though the majority of the show staff seem to lean liberal.

I read the review and it’s a dream show for confused white nationalists.

Jackie is an obnoxious libtard wearing a pussy hat and a Hillary shirt (in 2018)

Roseanne is the level headed rationalist who almost lost her house to that bastard Obama.

:rolleyes:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I'm sick of all this reboot shit. Why can't people accept that something they liked is gone? That's life.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I read the review and it’s a dream show for confused white nationalists.

Jackie is an obnoxious libtard wearing a pussy hat and a Hillary shirt (in 2018)

Roseanne is the level headed rationalist who almost lost her house to that bastard Obama.

:rolleyes:
Jackie wore that to deliberately provoke Roseanne because she knew she would be coming over for the first time in a year. It's a plot device because it ties in to the political conversation that ensues.

I don't recall the part about losing the house because of Obama being in the show.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I'm sick of all this reboot shit. Why can't people accept that something they liked is gone? That's life.

It probably just makes more sense to media executives to put their money into something that they already know has a large fan base and is all but guaranteed lots of viewers and advertising dollars, rather than risking it on something new.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Jackie wore that to deliberately provoke Roseanne because she knew she would be coming over for the first time in a year. It's a plot device because it ties in to the political conversation that ensues.

I don't recall the part about losing the house because of Obama being in the show.

“The reboot directly addresses the ideological divide that many American families face. Roseanne (Barr) and her liberal sister, Jackie (Laurie Metcalf), have not spoken to each other since election night. The former’s daughter Darlene (Sara Gilbert) tries to help her mother and aunt, who sports a pink knitted hat and a “Nasty Woman” T-shirt, make amends by planning a family dinner.

Roseanne proceeds to tell her sister that Trump “talked about jobs, Jackie, he said to shake things up. I know this may come as a shock to you, but we almost lost our house because of the way things are going.”

Jackie retorts: “Have you looked at the news? Because now things are worse,” to which Roseanne replies, “Not on the real news.””
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...as-the-highest-rated-sitcom-episode-in-years/

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,

Network TV is dismal these days due to cable and streaming services putting out amazing content. It's just yet another example of traditional media refusing to adapt. The reboot shows do well in the ratings, so for the time being that's their strategy. Hey remember when you liked us? We brought your old nostalgic show back!

Eventually people will tire of them and stop watching. But then again we're all retarded so probably not.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member

because easy money unfortunately.
nostalgia is hot product.

edit: also as a vehicle to push agenda and sell lifestyle and products.

I have felt for some time that the investment into making the the 1980s so relevant once more is because how 80s values could once again bolster certain policy and political-economic venture

Last edited:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I've never seen Roseanne as the rationalist, but I suppose that completely depends on your perspective. I remember seeing her interviewed on the Adam Corolla show In about 2005 and thinking she'd lost most of her marbles, so I had no expectations of her being the sensible one.

Now it just comes down to what they write for her, and the lines in the scene quoted are consistent with her character.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Hold on a Sec. You say Fox News is dividing our Culture, How about CNN and NBC? They aren't dividing our culture with their Libtard bullshit?

Shit works both ways bro.

Last edited:

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member

LMAO posted on a forum for a forgotten extremely expensive videogame console.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Hold on a Sec. You say Fox News is dividing our Culture, How about CNN and NBC? They aren't dividing our culture with their Libtard bullshit?

Shit works both ways bro.
No, not really. Those two other networks may have found an audience, but they were founded as news networks. They were not created with a political agenda of two specific people. I have also never heard of those other networks brainwashing people to the point of splitting families apart. Conservatives love to make things out to be a false equivalancy; a two-way street, but only conservatives ever try to make that argument.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
No, not really. Those two other networks may have found an audience, but they were founded as news networks. They were not created with a political agenda of two specific people. I have also never heard of those other networks brainwashing people to the point of splitting families apart. Conservatives love to make things out to be a false equivalancy; a two-way street, but only conservatives ever try to make that argument.

Lol, I Watch CNN and NBC and I see the same exact thing from them. They do the same Brainwashing. You just don't notice it because you buy into everything they say. I like how Fox News go's against the grain and combats that fake news shit.

http://www.businessinsider.com/what...et-says-about-your-political-ideology-2014-10

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
i've been waiting on a perfect stranger reboot forever

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I'm not watching this show, but I am really annoyed at how the left media is treating it.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
The way this reboot trend is going, and the fact that Rosanne did so well, I wouldn't be surprised if ABC wanted to resurrect the entire TGIF lineup.

Imagine a "Family Matters" where Steve Urkel is a domestic abuser.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The way this reboot trend is going, and the fact that Rosanne did so well, I wouldn't be surprised if ABC wanted to resurrect the entire TGIF lineup.

Imagine a "Family Matters" where Steve Urkel is a domestic abuser.

With Jordan Peele playing Reginald Veljohnson. Literally the actor Veljohnson, not the role of the dad.

This happened already.