Roseanne come back

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Chopsticksamurai apparently, but he's probably gay.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
David is too busy raking it in on Big Bang Theory to bother with this.

Seriously, they shouldn't bother trying to reboot this. Those family type sitcoms were a product of the 80's/ early 90's nobody is into that sort of thing these days.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Those family type sitcoms were a product of the 80's/ early 90's nobody is into that sort of thing these days.

Yeah nobody watches Modern Family or The Middle or Blackish or Fresh Off the Boat or The Goldbergs or Last Man Standing.

theMot

10 Year Member
Yeah nobody watches Modern Family or The Middle or Blackish or Fresh Off the Boat or The Goldbergs or Last Man Standing.

Modern Family ok, the rest I haven't even heard of except for Goldbergs. They showed it here and pissed it off after one season the ratings were so bad.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I still want to stick it to fake Becky

Hanes+Chalke.jpg

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
People watched Fuller House?

That's the joke at our house. If it's your turn to pick, you have 3 minutes to find something, or everybody has to watch Fuller House. No more Netflix surfing for us.

theMot

10 Year Member
That's the joke at our house. If it's your turn to pick, you have 3 minutes to find something, or everybody has to watch Fuller House. No more Netflix surfing for us.

Lol that's a good idea. Takes forever for me to pick something.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
I followed Darlene's advise on how to play hockey whenever we were allowed to play a game during phys ed. Fun times.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm planning to watch this. I have good memories of the family gathering when my mom would turn on the show growing up. I didn't watch most of the crazy final season, but I do remember seeing them go to Disney World. Love those Halloween episodes.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
a roseanne comeback show is all you get, because nobody would dare to create a comeback of married...with children in [CURRENT YEAR] with dangerhairs and problem glasses at every corner.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
a roseanne comeback show is all you get, because nobody would dare to create a comeback of married...with children

Ed O'Neil is the one who wouldn't dare create a comeback of Married...With Children.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
A married with children today would mostly involve the adventures of a cuckold husband and his adulterous wife banging the black guy next door.

edit: I would watch this

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I'd like see what became of "Grandmaster B" Bud Bundy's illustrious white rapper career--was he more of an Eminem or Vanilla Ice? Never liked Jefferson, they should bring Steve back, or have Marcy living the 3-way lifestyle with both.

The return of Family Matters and Steve Urkel is probably inevitable too . . .

@M

20 Year Member
EDIT: Accidental duplicate double post.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I hated fake Becky. The final season was such a cluster, it'll be interesting to see how this is. Bet it cost a fortune to get the cast back.

The final session was supposed to be a cluster as the final episode revealed it was the made up imaginings of Roseanne (character) writings to coup with Dan lost.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Fuck Roseanne.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Modern Family ok, the rest I haven't even heard of except for Goldbergs. They showed it here and pissed it off after one season the ratings were so bad.

I watch Fresh off the Boat :)

Favorite line...

Rich white kids:
"Look at Eddie's shoes. Are those nursing shoes? We all have the new Jordans"

Eddie:
"What about the black kid? He's not wearing Jordans"

Rich white kids:
"He's black. That's like having built in Jordans"

That was the first show. It's gotten far less racist since then, which i was disappointed in.

Last edited:

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Yeah, I'd like see what became of "Grandmaster B" Bud Bundy's illustrious white rapper career--was he more of an Eminem or Vanilla Ice? Never liked Jefferson, they should bring Steve back, or have Marcy living the 3-way lifestyle with both.

The return of Family Matters and Steve Urkel is probably inevitable too . . .

Steve and Jefferson were both funny in their own ways. Don't really prefer one to the other.

@M

20 Year Member
One Roseanne storyline that always bothered me was Jackie being the victim of domestic violence--she used to be a fucking cop! Domestic violence is one of the most common calls a police officer has to respond to on a day-to-day basis and she likely helped dozens, if not hundreds, of girls/women in the same situation while she was on the force. Further, I imagine that she would have had fairly extensive training in self defense as part of that job as well. In my opinion, Booker should have been the one with his body covered in bruises, not Jackie--I felt that was a complete and utter misinterpretation of her character by the show's writers. If they absolutely had to have that plot, Crystal would have been a much more likely victim of that sort of thing than Jackie, as she was very timid.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
One Roseanne storyline that always bothered me was Jackie being the victim of domestic violence--she used to be a fucking cop! Domestic violence is one of the most common calls a police officer has to respond to on a day-to-day basis and she likely helped dozens, if not hundreds, of girls/women in the same situation while she was on the force. Further, I imagine that she would have had fairly extensive training in self defense as part of that job as well. In my opinion, Booker should have been the one with his body covered in bruises, not Jackie--I felt that was a complete and utter misinterpretation of her character by the show's writers. If they absolutely had to have that plot, Crystal would have been a much more likely victim of that sort of thing than Jackie, as she was very timid.

You don't understand domestic violence very well do you?

@M

20 Year Member
I understand domestic violence and have seen it firsthand in my own family; I just find it hard to believe that a former police officer would just take it and do nothing about it when she would have a great deal of firsthand experience handling other women who had been abused and would know exactly how and where to get the help that she needed. In my opinion, Booker should have been picking his teeth off the floor the first time he assaulted her; that's the kind of response I'd expect from Jackie, not hiding the abuse and making excuses for her boyfriend. Yes, I realize that real battered women do that, and I'm sure the writers felt that they were being helpful by getting people to talk about the issue of domestic violence, it just felt very out of character to me for Jackie to behave that way.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
it just felt very out of character to me for Jackie to behave that way.

Perhaps. However, when it came to the topic of abuse (from their dad), Roseanne was the one who could talk about it - not Jackie.