Boxing thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
He's not the lineal champion. That's the most important one. If he can get the Saunders fight and win he'll be the lineal champ as well as just the fourth person to unify the big four belts since the WBO belt became a major title, and he's still got the IBO on top of it. And at the same time he'll tie Bernard Hopkins for most consecutive middleweight title defenses.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Just over three hours until fight time. Parker didn't look very good at the weigh in.

I'll ride with my original prediction of Joshua KO8, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends before that.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Where I am, they show them all for free. Regardless.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
The povetkin KO over Price was one of the scariest things I have ever seen happen in a ring. I am not exaggerating when I say it was a perfect reenactment of a Mortal Kombat fatality sequence. Fuck

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
This fight is boring AF. 80% of the time was either staying at a distance from each other, clenching, or the ref sticking his ugly mug in between the fighters.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Bad fight. Wilder would put either one of those dudes to sleep.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
He's not the lineal champion. That's the most important one. If he can get the Saunders fight and win he'll be the lineal champ as well as just the fourth person to unify the big four belts since the WBO belt became a major title, and he's still got the IBO on top of it. And at the same time he'll tie Bernard Hopkins for most consecutive middleweight title defenses.

It's all boxing politics. This Canelo suspension is just a diversion so that GGG can fight BJS since BJS destroyed Lemeiux. So the outcome of GGG vs BJS, either way the winner will face Canelo. Canelo is fucked either way. If they think Canelo can stand toe to toe with BJS....LOL

At this point in GGGs career and his age, with BJS's confidence, I seem him most likely beating GGG but if he gets too cocky, I can see him getting blind-sided with a punch. I've been a GGG fan for a while so I'm hoping he wins but he ain't getting any younger. He was supposed to retire after beating Canelo, we all know what BS transpired there.

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
Bad fights. Price vs Povetkin was mismatch and everyone knew that Price would be knock down but he was knockdown and still standing? and then Povetkin did what any fighter would do finish the job and yeah I hope Price will not step in to professional boxing ring ever again. Still that fight was more entertaining than Joshua vs Parker. Joshua won that no question but it was like maybe 4-5 rounds not like 10-11 that those judges scored. Parker seemed to be happy with losing on points. Referee played too big part of the match. Probably there will be a rematch. Eddie Hearn dont want Joshua to fight Wilder this year.

famicommander

15 Year Member

I think Ortiz was the worst match up for Wilder of anyone in the heavyweight division. And Wilder was much more impressive against Ortiz than Joshua was against Parker, who was far from Joshua's toughest fight.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Well, at least Parker was tough enough to provide the first points decision for Joshua, all other 20 were straight KOs.

He was durable and has a chin on him, but he didn't come to lay it all on the line. Very early on it seems he decided to be content with mostly just seeing out the rounds.
Was very weary in closing the distance to try and land his shots.

If they think Canelo can stand toe to toe with BJS....LOL

Was that an early April Fools comment?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Whenever I take the time out to watch a boxing match I'm reminded that it is frequently an incredibly dull sport.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I've seen much worse fights, here we had two weary fighters who stuck to a gameplan and am sure both came away satisfied with the result. There where points where a sudden outcome looked to be close, both ways.
Parker lacked the skills but he is a hard nut, never been knocked down as a pro or amateur.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Parker had the skills, he lacked the aggression and the ability to fight inside. He needed to get inside because of his massive range and height disadvantage, but every time the fighters got inside the ref pulled them apart.

But Wilder? The man is pure aggression, plus he has the range, speed, power, chin, and endurance to match. He just lacks technical proficiency. If anyone ever taught that man to box he'd be truly horrifying.