1. Deontay Wilder - 38
2. George Foreman -37
2. Vitali Klitschko - 37
4. Rocky Marciano - 35
4. Mike Tyson - 35
4. Wladimir Klitschko - 35

acblunden2

Rugal's Thug
British boxer Scott Westgarth died after his fight against Doc Spelman in the UK Saturday night. Westgarth actually won the fight and was alert and coherent in post fight interviews, but he deteriorated in the locker room and was rushed to the hospital where he died hours later. He was knocked down once in the fight.

Sad to see. Have to feel really bad for his family, and of course his opponent.

Terrible. R.I.P. Scott Westgarth.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Most KOs ever through 40 fights for a heavyweight champ:
1. Deontay Wilder - 38
2. George Foreman -37
2. Vitali Klitschko - 37
4. Rocky Marciano - 35
4. Mike Tyson - 35
4. Wladimir Klitschko - 35

It would be interesting to break that down by win to loss records of those that were ko'd by those champs in the list.

All fighters have their records padded to a certain extent, but having said that, and bearing in mind that I haven't looked too closely at Wilders' record, I'm thinking more than just a fair few resuscitated from the graveyard as far as that particular resume is concerned.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
British boxer Scott Westgarth died after his fight against Doc Spelman in the UK Saturday night. Westgarth actually won the fight and was alert and coherent in post fight interviews, but he deteriorated in the locker room and was rushed to the hospital where he died hours later. He was knocked down once in the fight.

Sad to see. Have to feel really bad for his family, and of course his opponent.
Yeah tragic, sometime's we forget what a dangerous sport it is.
Big respect to any boxer who climb's through the ropes.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Four title fights on tomorrow

Showtime
Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz, 12 rounds, for Wilder's WBC heavyweight title
Andre Dirrell vs. Jose Uzcategui, rematch, 12 rounds, for Dirrell's IBF interim super middleweight title

HBO
Sergey Kovalev vs. Igor Mikhalkin, 12 rounds, for Kovalev's WBO light heavyweight title
Dmitry Bivol vs. Sullivan Barrera, 12 rounds, for Bivol's WBA light heavyweight title

famicommander

15 Year Member
Wilder retains by 10th round KO.

He looked bad at points during the fight, but his chin held up to some huge bombs.

Joshua will definitely land on him if they fight though.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Wilder retains by 10th round KO.

You called it.
v99tEAu.gif

The end of the fight. (Vid won't show up for folks outside the US).

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
That was a good fight. Wilders throws wild looping punches but his athleticism is ridiculous.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
The fight ended just in time to catch the Kovalev fight too. But he was in there with a tomato can. Fight easily could've been stopped in the third, but it ended up going seven.

famicommander

15 Year Member
ESPN said:
Canelo Alvarez has tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug, Clenbuterol, Golden Boy Promotions announced, but his May 5 rematch with Gennady Golovkin is still on, the promoter said.

In a statement, Golden Boy said "as part of a voluntary testing program ... One of his results came back positive for trace levels of Clenbuterol, consistent with meat contamination that has impacted dozens of athletes in Mexico over the last years."

The promoter said the director of the WADA-accredited lab that conducted the tests said in a letter Monday that "These values are all within the range of what is expected from meat contamination."

Golden Boy said it had notified the Nevada State Athletic Commission and Golovkin's promoter, Tom Loeffler.

Canelo is moving his training camp from Mexico to the United States and will submit to additional tests that WADA deems necessary ahead of the fight, according to the promoter.

"I am an athlete who respects the sport and this surprises me and bothers me because it had never happened to me," Canelo said in the statement. "I will submit to all the tests that require me to clarify this embarrassing situation and I trust that at the end the truth will prevail."

Not sure if I believe the contaminated meat thing or not, but whatever. I was already rooting for Golovkin anyway.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Canelo has changed his mind about the WBC belt. He's going to pay the sanction fees after all.

So he will be fighting for Golovkin's WBC, IBF, and WBA (Super) championship, the vacant lineal championship, and defending his Ring championship
Golovkin is fighting for Canelo's Ring championship, the vacant lineal championship, and defending his WBC, IBF, WBA (Super), and IBO championships

Canelo should just cough up the cash for the IBO belt too, that way one guy has all six championships after the fight and can face Saunders for the WBO belt to become undisputed. Technically you don't need the IBO belt to be undisputed since it's a minor world title, but it'd be a shame if Canelo beat the IBO champ and took five other titles but not the IBO belt, then unified them all with the WBO. Then they'd vacate the IBO belt.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Got a good card on Showtime and a decent one on ESPN tonight. Anybody watching?

Indongo vs Prograis is the biggest one. Should be a good one. The skilled veteran versus the up and comer.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Well Don King's ugly mug is on ESPN, so looks like there's a fight on tonight

Jose Ramirez vs Amir Imam for the vacant WBC Junior Welterweight Championship

famicommander

15 Year Member
Browne looked horrible.

Next week is the big one

Anthony Joshua (IBF, IBO, WBA Super) vs Joseph Parker (WBO) to unify those four heavyweight belts

Hopefully the winner fights Wilder to unify the entire heavyweight division.

But if not, Whyte called out Wilder after knocking out Browne. I think Wilder would obliterate Whyte though.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Browne looked horrible.

Next week is the big one

Anthony Joshua (IBF, IBO, WBA Super) vs Joseph Parker (WBO) to unify those four heavyweight belts

Hopefully the winner fights Wilder to unify the entire heavyweight division.

But if not, Whyte called out Wilder after knocking out Browne. I think Wilder would obliterate Whyte though.

Who do you think will win? I think Joshua needs to have a good game plan and stick to it, in that case I see him outpointing his opponent or stopping him mid to late fight. But if Parker finds an opening he can do definitive damage which will leave Joshua on the canvas. He has shown a few chunks in his armour in past fights so he has to watch out

famicommander

15 Year Member
Joshua should beat Parker comfortably. Parker doesn't have the power to get Joshua out of there and he doesn't have the stamina to outlast him.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Lucas Browne got flattened by Dillian Whyte.

I watched the fight last night, brutal knockout by whyte, but i gotta agree with famicommander browne was terrible, still a cracking shot to finish him.
Whyte is back in the heavyweight title mix with that win and we got the rematch between bellow and haye coming up in may to look forward to as well.
Good times in the heavyweight division ATM for us brits.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Alright guys, prediction time for the big fight

WBA (Super), IBF, IBO Heavyweight Champion Anthony Joshua (20-0-0, 20 KOs) vs WBO Heavyweight Champion Joseph Parker (24-0-0, 18 KOs)

All four belts go to the winner; in the event of a draw they stay with their current owners. If someone wins them all but then fails a drug test or misses weight or something, all four would be vacated.

I'm taking Joshua by 8th round KO. I don't think Parker has the power or endurance to win this fight.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
On a different night with another set of judges, Parker quite possibly wouldn't have even won the WBO title against Ruiz.

I'm with Joshua as well. Stoppage win sometime in the middle rounds.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I smell an upset around they fifth or sixth. Based on nothing but a gut feeling. Could be gas

famicommander

15 Year Member
They're starting to offer refunds for GGG vs Canelo II. It looks like it very well could get cancelled, and Canelo could be suspended for a few months.

If the fight does get cancelled, Golovkin still wants to fight on or around May 5. There are a few opponents being talked about, but the biggest one is Billy Joe Saunders.

The current middleweight title scene looks like this:
lineal - Vacant
WBC - Golovkin
WBA - Golovkin (Super champion)
IBF - Golovkin
WBO - Saunders
IBO - Golovkin
Ring - Alvarez

To be "undisputed" you just need the WBC, WBA, IBF, and WBO, so Golovkin vs Saunders would give us an undisputed champion. And Golovkin would still defend the IBO belt, and since Canelo would be suspended Golovkin vs Saunders would be #1 vs #2 (right now Saunders is #3), so it would be for the lineal belt as well.

The only thing that would be in question would be the Ring belt, which may be vacated but probably not since it's owned by Canelo's promoter Oscar De La Hoya.

Assuming Golovkin beats Saunders, the Canelo rematch would be rescheduled for later this year when Canelo's suspension ends.

Hopefully the big fight still happens May 5, though. It's going to be a billion dollar fight, and we all know boxing promoters/athletic commissions/sanctioning bodies have been known to let things like failed drug tests slide for large sums of money.

famicommander

15 Year Member
There it goes.

Nevada State Athletic Commission is recommending a one year suspension for Canelo Alvarez. If he cooperates and meets certain conditions, they can (and probably will) reduce it to six months retroactive to the failed test. So he would be eligible to fight again in late August.

No May 5 superfight.

Now we gotta hope we get Golovkin vs Saunders. Next best thing.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
lineal - Vacant
WBC - Golovkin
WBA - Golovkin (Super champion)
IBF - Golovkin
WBO - Saunders
IBO - Golovkin
Ring - Alvarez

To be "undisputed" you just need the WBC, WBA, IBF, and WBO, so Golovkin vs Saunders would give us an undisputed champion. And Golovkin would still defend the IBO belt, and since Canelo would be suspended Golovkin vs Saunders would be #1 vs #2 (right now Saunders is #3), so it would be for the lineal belt as well.

The only thing that would be in question would be the Ring belt, which may be vacated but probably not since it's owned by Canelo's promoter Oscar De La Hoya.

Assuming Golovkin beats Saunders, the Canelo rematch would be rescheduled for later this year when Canelo's suspension ends.

Hopefully the big fight still happens May 5, though. It's going to be a billion dollar fight, and we all know boxing promoters/athletic commissions/sanctioning bodies have been known to let things like failed drug tests slide for large sums of money.

TLDR; version

Champion: Golovkin