Boxing thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
We need one belt to rule them all
Get your shit together Sauron

Or all the "champs" should shut the fuck up and fight each other.

Wilder vs Fury II winner has to fight Joshua. No excuses from any of the three.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I don't think I've ever seen a "world" champion so happy to lose. All smiles when he got dropped with those body shots, smiles when he got up, smiles when the ref ended it in the 3rd.

Tomato can posing as a champ. The vast proliferation of belts has seen to that.

That’s how it is when you sell your belt.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
We got whyte aginst chisora this weekend over here in the uk, could be a decent tear up for a couple of rounds, there's not a lot of love lost between the two of them.
The press conference will be fun on thursday, last time they fought chisora chucked a table at whyte and got into a bit of trouble with the authorities, i think he got fined 25 grand for that.
Chisora has got david haye as his manager so the press conference could end up being better than the fight lol.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The last fight was entertaining but it's a shame these two are considered legitimate contenders because they're simply not.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Undisputed WBA/WBC/IBF/WBO/IBO/Ring P4P women's welterweight champion Cecilia Braekhus just opened an elementary school in Uganda:
cecilia-braekhus%20(2)_1.jpg

https://www.boxingscene.com/photos-cecilia-braekhus-opens-school-uganda--134740

Considering they misspelled two three-letter acronyms on the sign, not a moment too soon.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member

famicommander

15 Year Member
Dunno. fami, what do you think

Like I was saying elsewhere, I think if Manny Pacquiao beats Adrien Broner the follow up fight will likely be with Mayweather. That's the biggest money fight out there right now.

If Pacquiao loses, Floyd may just keep fighting over-matched opponents in exhibitions and make bank for little effort.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Mayweather next fight should be with Cecilia Braekhus...One hand behind his back.

or

Two women vs Mayweather exhibition match.

Pacman vs Mayweather 2 would be worth a watch too.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Some good news.

Adonis Stevenson is awake and can speak and has slight movement in his arms and legs. This after being in a 3 week coma as the swelling in his brain went down after his 11th round TKO loss on December 1.

It will be a long time before he can even leave the hospital, let alone walk, but it's pretty amazing that he is alive at all. Doctors were worried he would never regain consciousness, and after he did so they remained worried he would never regain his speech or even recognize his family.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
That is good news, i remember him spanking bellow a couple of years back, he's gotta be pushing 40 now ???.

famicommander

15 Year Member
That is good news, i remember him spanking bellow a couple of years back, he's gotta be pushing 40 now ???.

41. Reigned for five years as lineal and WBC light heavyweight champion, but it caught up with him this time.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Well guys, any picks for fight of the year 2018?

My favorites
Jarrett Hurd vs Erislandy Lara
Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz
Vasyl Lomachenko vs Jorge Linares
Srisaket sor Rungvisai vs Juan Francisco Estrada
Josh Warrington vs Carl Frampton
Oleksandr Usyk vs Mairis Breidis

And GGG vs Canelo II, except the bogus decision ruined it.

If I had to pick one, it's Hurd vs Lara. Unification fight, extremely close, Hurd needed a knockdown in the last round to win and he got it.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Well guys, any picks for fight of the year 2018?

My favorites
Jarrett Hurd vs Erislandy Lara
Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz
Vasyl Lomachenko vs Jorge Linares
Srisaket sor Rungvisai vs Juan Francisco Estrada
Josh Warrington vs Carl Frampton
Oleksandr Usyk vs Mairis Breidis

And GGG vs Canelo II, except the bogus decision ruined it.

If I had to pick one, it's Hurd vs Lara. Unification fight, extremely close, Hurd needed a knockdown in the last round to win and he got it.

You do know that boxing is worthless, right?

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
We got us a fight!

May 4, Canelo Alvarez vs Danny Jacobs to unify the WBA (Super)/WBC/IBF/Ring/lineal middleweight championships.

The other middleweight titles right now
WBO: Demetrius Andrade
IBO: Vacant

Jermall Charlo has the WBC Interim title, Rob Brant has the WBA Regular title

Hopefully Golovkin can get the Andrade fight and then the winners can fight. GGG would trash Andrade, so it'd either be GGG vs Canelo III or GGG vs Jacobs 2.

In my opinion Jacobs came closer to beating Golovkin than Canelo did either time, even though the judges gave Canelo a draw and a win.

Last edited:

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
Enough talk about all these fruits in boxing today, watch Tyson shoot the shit about when it was good.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
There's a Manny Pacquaio fight happening Sunday morning here Beijing time, some bars will be open and showing it...I've never been to a bar just to watch sports and drink. Should I do this?

famicommander

15 Year Member
There's a Manny Pacquaio fight happening Sunday morning here Beijing time, some bars will be open and showing it...I've never been to a bar just to watch sports and drink. Should I do this?

Sure. Pacquiao should win but there's always the chance that this is the fight where he's too far over the hill and he gets destroyed. Broner is a headcase and a criminal but when he shows up motivated he's a very talented fighter.

Badou Jack vs Marcus Browne is also on the card and it should be really good.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Fights tonight and tomorrow

7:00 Eastern, DAZN tonight:
Demetrius Andrade vs. Artur Akavov, 12 rounds, for Andrade's WBO middleweight title
Jorge Linares vs. Pablo Cesar Cano, 10 rounds, junior welterweights
TJ Doheny vs. Ryohei Takahashi, 12 rounds, for Doheny's IBF junior featherweight title
Amanda Serrano vs. Eva Voraberger, 10 rounds, for vacant WBO women's junior bantamweight title
Chris Algieri vs. Danny Gonzalez, 10 rounds, welterweights
Reshat Mati vs. Benjamin Borteye, 4 rounds, welterweights
Cornell Hines vs. Fahrud Fatulla, 6 rounds, welterweights
Julian Sosa vs. Dieumerci Nazu, 6 rounds, welterweights
Nkoski Solomon vs. Rodriguez Cade, 4 rounds, heavyweights

ESPN+ tonight at 9:30 Eastern (undercards also on ESPN+ starting at 6:15 Eastern):
Bryant Jennings vs. Oscar Rivas, 12 rounds, heavyweights
Shakur Stevenson vs. Jessie Cris Rosales, 10 rounds, featherweights
Jason Sosa vs. Moises Delgadillo, 8 or 10 rounds, lightweights
Carlos Adames vs. Juan Ruiz, 8 or 10 rounds, junior middleweights
Robson Conceicao vs. Hector Ambriz, 8 rounds, junior lightweights
Fazliddin Gaibnazarov vs. Ricardo Garcia, 8 rounds, junior welterweights
Cassius Chaney vs. Michael Glasscox, 6 rounds, heavyweights
Vikas Krishan vs. Steven Andrade, 6 rounds, junior middleweights

Tomorrow night, Showtime PPV 7:00 Eastern:
Manny Pacquiao vs. Adrien Broner, 12 rounds, for Pacquiao's WBA "regular" welterweight title
Badou Jack vs. Marcus Browne, 12 rounds, for vacant WBA interim light heavyweight title
Nordine Oubaali vs. Rau'shee Warren, 12 rounds, for vacant WBC bantamweight title
Jhack Tepora vs. Hugo Ruiz, 12 rounds, for Tepora's WBA interim featherweight title

famicommander

15 Year Member
Thoughts from last night's fights:
-Jennings was winning the entire fight, then got KO'd in the 12th. Exciting stuff.
-Linares was shockingly blown away in the first round. That's Lomachenko's best win and he got destroyed by a dude with 6 losses in his last 11 fights
-Shakur Stevenson is ready to be a real contender
-Andrade dominated the entire fight. Should have gone the distance, but the ref called for a TKO with 30 seconds left. Bad stoppage, but the right guy won.
-Amanda Serrano became a 7 division world champion. Only Manny Pacquiao has more with 8.
-Algieri won but looked average in his comeback fight
-TJ Doheny looked fantastic and looks to be getting Roman for a unification

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Ah Bollocks I missed the Andrade fight. Weird a top fighter fighting on a Friday night.
Was it good?

Edit: just watched the Rosales Stevenson fight. That kid has some mad skills. Still so damn young. He has an amazing future ahead of him. He was fighting a nobody but not the point

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Ah Bollocks I missed the Andrade fight. Weird a top fighter fighting on a Friday night.
Was it good?

Edit: just watched the Rosales Stevenson fight. That kid has some mad skills. Still so damn young. He has an amazing future ahead of him. He was fighting a nobody but not the point

Andrade fight was entertaining but nothing special. He was a class above his opponent.

Jennings vs Rivas was probably fight of the night. Doheny looked really impressive.

Pac on PPV tonight. Tempora came in way overweight for his fight though, so they had to replace him and strip him of his interim title. What an idiot. He came in for a featherweight fight above the fucking SUPER featherweight limit.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
We got us a fight!

May 4, Canelo Alvarez vs Danny Jacobs to unify the WBA (Super)/WBC/IBF/Ring/lineal middleweight championships.

The other middleweight titles right now
WBO: Demetrius Andrade
IBO: Vacant

Jermall Charlo has the WBC Interim title, Rob Brant has the WBA Regular title

Hopefully Golovkin can get the Andrade fight and then the winners can fight. GGG would trash Andrade, so it'd either be GGG vs Canelo III or GGG vs Jacobs 2.

In my opinion Jacobs came closer to beating Golovkin than Canelo did either time, even though the judges gave Canelo a draw and a win.

I got Jacobs by decision. Jacobs could have beaten GGG if he didn't giveaway the first few rounds plus the knockdown didn't help either. Hopefully he has learned from that, I think the height difference will play a big part and I expect Jacobs to come into the ring on fight night as a Cruiserweight like he did with GGG.