Boxing thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Dillian Whyte today said that he isn't ready to fight Wilder, nor is Fury, so Fury should fight him instead of Wilder.
Dillian Whyte said:
Then there's Fury. The guy's a joker and a mess, mentally and physically, he's irrelevant right now. He's saying he wants to fight Wilder, but he's talking rubbish, that won't happen and it makes no sense right now. Fury-Whyte is a great fight, let's get it done. It's more realistic him fighting me. If he wants a real fight, we can get it on in December, it'll have the money and hype, and it'll be massive.
So basically, according to Whyte
Wilder > Whyte > Fury

Whyte says if he can't get the Fury fight (he won't) he's going to target Manuel Charr. Charr is fucking garbage, a huge step down from even the likes of a Parker or Chisora, but he does hold the WBA (Regular) Heavyweight Championship. The Regular belt doesn't really mean much, but what it gets you is a mandatory shot at the WBA (Super) Champion, which is Joshua.

If Whyte beats Charr for his title, which he definitely should, that could entice Wilder to fight Whyte assuming Joshua keeps running. Then Wilder could unify the WBA (Regular) belt with his WBC belt. If he does that, Joshua either has to fight him and give him a MINIMUM of 25% of the revenue split (Joshua has been offering a 15 million dollar flat fee, which would probably amount to about 10-15%) or vacate the WBA (Super) championship.

Wilder will have to fight Breazeale at some point but he's free to fight Fury right now. After the Fury fight his only three options would be a defense against Breazeale or a unification against Charr/Whyte or Joshua.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Vasyl Lomachenko will return on December 1, and he'll get the winner of WBO Lightweight Champion Ray Beltran vs Jose Pedraza. The latter fight goes down on August 25.

The December 1 fight, no matter who it's against, will be to unify Lomachenko's WBA (Super) and Ring lightweight championships with the WBO.

If Mikey fights Spence, meanwhile, the IBF will strip him for not fighting the mandatory he inherited from Easter.

famicommander

15 Year Member
gGA7qSF.gif

Don't you hate it when someone tilts the entire axis of the earth when you're trying to get up?

Found some other angles, the first one doesn't do it justice:
giphy.gif

And Cojanu took Joseph Parker the distance when he challenged him for the WBO Heavyweight title.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Wilder vs Fury appears to be a done deal, Vegas in December. They can't really announce it until/unless Fury beats Pianeta in a couple weeks, though.

I think Wilder knocks him cold either way, but I hope Fury goes into the fight in good shape. I don't want there to be any excuses.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Kind of funny how Whyte is like bizarro Wilder

Whyte's promoter Eddie Hearn wants him to fight Wilder, Whyte doesn't want it.

When Wilder won the WBC title, his promoter said he didn't want him to fight Wlad. Wilder wanted the fight and finally convinced his managers and Wlad to make the fight, and it was supposed to be Wlad's next fight after Fury but instead he lost and retired.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Some big fights tonight.
Lipinets vs Bone
Kovalev vs Alvarez
Alexander vs Berto
etc

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Those three knockdowns where savage. I can't say I was too surprised Even though Alvarez was loosing the fight on points. His opponent is a ko artist and all that work he had put in just tired him out and made him careless. Happy for Alvarez though I don't see him holding that belt too long.
But those knockdowns tho... Fuck

Bivol had an unconfortable fight and an unspectacular win. But he carried himself well enough.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Showtime is picking up Fury's fight on August 18, as well as some of the undercard.

This is a good sign that Wilder vs Fury will get done; this is telling as Wilder always fights on Showtime.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Lennox Lewis to Anthony Joshua
Go order Eddie Hearn to make the fight with Deontay Wilder. Now is the moment when you must take charge of your own destiny. There is no question that it is Wilder who wants the fight and it is Wilder who wants to prove that he is the man in this new heavyweight era

When the greatest British heavyweight of all time is basically calling the current British world heavyweight champion a pussy, you know he's acting like a pussy.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Lennox Lewis to Anthony Joshua

When the greatest British heavyweight of all time is basically calling the current British world heavyweight champion a pussy, you know he's acting like a pussy.

He's canadian

famicommander

15 Year Member
Wow, Jarrell Miller is fighting Tomasz Adamek.

I had no idea Adamek was still fighting. He was a great cruiserweight and light heavyweight 2005-2009, but he was never the same when he moved up to heavyweight and hasn't beaten any good fighters in the division. He's 41 and he got brutally knocked out by Eric Molina in 2016. He fought two nobodies since then, which I guess is why I didn't know he was still active.

What the hell is the point of Miller taking this fight? He could have fought Pulev to become the IBF mandatory and get a shot at Joshua, but instead he's fighting this geezer.

He called out Wilder, he called out Joshua... and he's fighting a 41 year old cruiserweight.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Wow, Jarrell Miller is fighting Tomasz Adamek.

I had no idea Adamek was still fighting. He was a great cruiserweight and light heavyweight 2005-2009, but he was never the same when he moved up to heavyweight and hasn't beaten any good fighters in the division. He's 41 and he got brutally knocked out by Eric Molina in 2016. He fought two nobodies since then, which I guess is why I didn't know he was still active.

What the hell is the point of Miller taking this fight? He could have fought Pulev to become the IBF mandatory and get a shot at Joshua, but instead he's fighting this geezer.

He called out Wilder, he called out Joshua... and he's fighting a 41 year old cruiserweight.

41 is a competent fighting age tho.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Not at heavyweight. To my knowledge the only guy to ever win a heavyweight title fight after age 40 was Foreman.

And especially when Adamek has been in the division since October 2009 and has not beaten a single name fighter. He lost to Vitali Klitschko, which is fair enough. But Eric Molina, Artur Szpilka, and Vyacheslav Glazkov?

A guy who can't beat those guys has no business fighting a top 10 heavyweight. Especially at 41. Adamek is a natural light heavyweight who was good enough to be world champion at cruiserweight 9 years ago. Jarrell Miller looks like he ate a cruiserweight for breakfast.
miller-adamek%20(11).jpg

Miller should be fighting other top 10 fighters. Ortiz, Parker, Whyte, Breazeale, Chisora, or Jennings would probably be available to fight November or December.

Wilder/T. Fury, Joshua/Povetkin, Pulev/H. Fury are all (probably) fighting each other September through December.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Hearn slipped up in an interview today and said they are already planning to make Joshua vs Whyte II for April. The reported backed him up and asked about Wilder and Hearn stumbled over his words.

This is beyond comical at this point. Hearn and Joshua are ducking Wilder harder than Bowe ducked Lewis or Pacquiao ducked Floyd (that fight did end up happening; about nine years too late though).

famicommander

15 Year Member
JoJo Diaz beat WBA (Regular) Featherweight Champion Jesus Rojas yesterday but the dumbass missed weight, so he didn't win the title.

This is after Diaz lost a close but clear decision to WBC Featherweight Champion Gary Russell Jr in his last fight.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The WBO has ordered Anthony Joshua to make a mandatory defense if he beats Povetkin, who is his WBA mandatory challenger.

Basically, what this means is that Joshua's next fight has to be against either Wilder to unify or his mandatory, which would be either Dillian Whyte straight up or the winner of an elimination bout between Whyte and some other WBO top 10 fighter.

Joshua is already contractually obligated to fight on April 13.

So this could very well play out just like the last round of negotiations.

Joshua pretends he wants the fight, ducks legit offers from Wilder's camp, makes his own bullshit offers until the clock runs out and he has to make the mandatory defense. That's exactly why Joshua is fighting Povetkin now.

This is what the WBO said a few months ago
the WBO have told talkSPORT.com that, as Povetkin is #1 in their rankings too, the bout also counts as their mandatory defence.

“Anthony Joshua is the WBO ‘Super Champion’ in the heavyweight division and will make his mandatory defence when he faces Alexander Povetkin on September 22,” revealed the WBO rep.

“Joshua has 18 months before he has to make his next mandatory defence.”

So they just contradicted themselves today. I wonder what changed?

Povetkin was supposed to cover both the WBA and WBO mandatory, but now the WBO is changing their minds. Likely to give Joshua the out he needs to swerve Wilder in April.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Wilder showed up at the Fury weigh in to do promotional shenanigans.

Then he went to a restaurant, where Billy Joe Saunders apparently threw half a chicken at him and ran like hell. Wilder was legit pissed and chased him but didn't catch him.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Wilder showed up at the Fury weigh in to do promotional shenanigans.

Then he went to a restaurant, where Billy Joe Saunders apparently threw half a chicken at him and ran like hell. Wilder was legit pissed and chased him but didn't catch him.

Simple troll just turned up in chat and threw a metaphorical half chicken at you then ran away.

He's a faggot.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Simple troll just turned up in chat and threw a metaphorical half chicken at you then ran away.

He's a faggot.

I can troll him in a chatroom he isn't even in and still russle them jimmies

he can't escape

famicommander

15 Year Member
Well Fury won every round with ease today, but he failed to get that bum out of there. Still doesn't want to throw any punches.

He's going to last 5, 6 rounds tops with Wilder.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Well Fury won every round with ease today, but he failed to get that bum out of there. Still doesn't want to throw any punches.

He's going to last 5, 6 rounds tops with Wilder.

I definetly think you are overestimating Wilder/underestimating Fury (who is in good shape)

Edit: slightly off topic was thinking this yesterday, Lennox Lewis was the turning point in heavyweight boxing where it became a redundant division. He was succesful and capable and very boring with little true charm to his boxing, all at the same time. He basically helped smother it. It's on life support even today

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Are you high?

Fury doesn't throw punches, they don't land when he does throw them, and when they do land they do no damage.

He has zero chance to beat Wilder. Even in his prime. Wilder would floor him.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Are you high?

Fury doesn't throw punches, they don't land when he does throw them, and when they do land they do no damage.

He has zero chance to beat Wilder. Even in his prime. Wilder would floor him.

I hope so. But Fury is the kind of fighter who will adapt depending on his opponent. And he is quite a bit more technically capable than Wilder. I think he could do enough to supress Wilder's fury. I like Wilder, I just don't have him in as high esteem as you do.

Last edited: