Boxing thread

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Looking forward to this.

Respect to the smaller man for having the cojones to take this fight.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
It's fight week, motherfuckers.

Deontay Wilder (40-0-0-0, 39 KOs) defends his WBC Heavyweight Championship against former lineal/WBA (Super)/IBF/WBO/IBO champion Tyson Fury (27-0-0-0, 19 KOs)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

famicommander

15 Year Member
Tomorrow is the day.

Predictions?

I have Wilder by KO, round 5

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Tomorrow is the day.

Predictions?

I have Wilder by KO, round 5

It's going the distance. I think Wilder will be gassed from throwing wild punches by the 4th round. I'm going to go with Fury by decision.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Wilder never gases in a fight. He has possibly the most stamina of anyone in the division. If anyone will gas it's fatass Fury.

And Wilder only throws the wild windmill punches when he already has someone hurt. He's very patient and uses his jab early on.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Weigh in:
Fury 256.5 pounds
Wilder 212 pounds

That's only 1.5 pounds lighter for Fury than in his last "fight" against Pianeta.

That's very light for Wilder. Even lighter than he was for the Ortiz fight, when he came down with a nasty flu and lost a bunch of weight right before fight week.

To me that says that Wilder doesn't fear Fury's punches AT ALL, and he expects to have to chase him down.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm going Wilder early on. There will probably be some stupid shit antics from Fury around round 3 when he realises he doesn't stand a chance in hell and is panting just to keep his arms up. Losing ten stone in 12 months might be a good way to live a little longer but there's nothing about that which makes him boxing fit.

"So Fury, what did you do to prepare for this world title fight?"

"Well, I had a play fight with two fucking idiots and starved myself, I think I'm pretty much there."

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Wilder never gases in a fight. He has possibly the most stamina of anyone in the division. If anyone will gas it's fatass Fury.

Those spasmodic movements Fury does when he is in defensive mode will take a whole lot of energy to do over the course of 12 rounds. I doubt he has that type of stamina if put under pressure the way I'm expecting DW to impose on him.

In any case, I hope Wilder catches him clean and takes him outta there before this thing degenerates into a mauling, spoiling type of affair. It could be that the ref really earns his payday in this one.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Jack Reiss is the ref. He usually does a good job, doesn't get involved too much but doesn't put up with any bullshit either.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I had it 6 rounds to 6, but with the 2 knockdowns Wilder should have got the decision.

Either way, awful fight.

Props to Fury for getting off the mat twice, though. He looked done that second time.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I thought it was entertaining enough. Respect to both of them putting it all on the line and Fury, crazy nutter, but I ended up admiring his attitude.

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
I had Fury by 2 points but I am okay with draw. Props to that referee to let Fury get up after that second knockdown.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The 2 knockdowns have to be enough to tip it, it's silly to think it was a draw

I was shocked that everyone seemed to give the first two rounds to Fury. They were uneventful, but I had Wilder clearly winning both. But all the announcers and the people I was watching the fight with gave them to Fury.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Fury by 4 rounds easily, wilder was shown up for the one trick pony he is, schooled in boxing last night, take away the right hand and he has nothing.
Fury has 2 fights against bums and has been back for a couple of months and spanks him, say's it all.
I thought wilder was gonna jump over the ropes and run out when fury got back up in the 12th, look on his face was priceless, big time charlie and vastly overrated is wilder, and what's the betting he'll try ducking a rematch.
I think fury will be even better if they fight again in a couple of months, i can't stand either of them but i take my hat off to fury he got a massive heart, and was robbed of the result.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Bunch of Boxing Noobs. Can't tell a real fighter from brawler lol.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Who are you aiming that at?

Brawlers have their place in the ring too

I was just messing around DR. Brawlers are a ton of fun to watch and I think Wilder is a good fighter that has a ton of power but if he fights a more complete fighter like Joshua, I think he's done.

Wilder hasn't really fought anyone worth fighting up until last night. He got a taste of what fighting a high caliber fighter is like. If Fury drops another 20-30 pounds, I think he would be much better.

Last edited: