Boxing thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Golovkin hosed even worse than last time. I had it 117-111 GGG, judges came back with a majority win for Canelo.

Moral of the story is, Golden Boy is a cancer on boxing

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Golovkin hosed even worse than last time. I had it 117-111 GGG, judges came back with a majority win for Canelo.

Moral of the story is, Golden Boy is a cancer on boxing

I had it Triple G but not by alot. I thought Canelo was the aggressor this fight and I felt like he was making more of an effort. Triple G really shined in the last 4 rounds, especially with that hard shot that I thought was going to drop Canelo. Because Triple G got fucked the 1st fight, they should have took that shit into consideration and worst case scenario scored it a draw and let them go at it one last time for number 3. Triple G is looking Old though. The guy looked like he was gassed after the 5th Round.

That being Said, I thought the fight was fucking stupendous and worth the money. Both these dudes could bang.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Great fight and I was surprised by Canelo's fighting spirit. Great fight!!

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
It comes down to this: First fight Canelo got a draw without being the aggressor. He knew that if he maintained a similar enough tactic of getting the shots in but upped the ante a little, he could turn a draw into a win.
The fight was fucking intense. Felt bad for GGG. I had a feeling this could happen though.

GGG is 666

Not convinced the third fight is what is coming next from what Canelo said

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
I thought it was close, but had it a tie in the end.

I thought Canelo won 5 Maybe 6 rounds, GGG definitely won 6 rounds, maybe 7 or 8.
When the 10th round started I told people it's going to end in a tie.

Last edited:

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Fight was closer than the first one but GGG by 2 rounds for me.
Golovkin is looking old, he was blowing hard after 7 rounds, he was still too good for canelo but if they do fight again in 10-12 months i'm pretty sure canelo will win.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I don't think the fight was closer than the first. The rounds maybe were a bit more competitive, but I only gave Canelo 3 rounds this time.

Nobody should ever take a big fight against a Golden Boy fighter again. Especially not Canelo. I feel like if Golovkin had knocked him down twice, the judges still would have found a way to give Canelo the win.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Media scorecards:
Harold Lederman (HBO Sports): 116-112 Golovkin
Brian Campbell (CBS sports): 116-112 Golovkin
Rob Crilly (The Telegraph): 116-112 Golovkin
Steven Muehlhausen (Sporting News): 116-112 Golovkin
The Guardian: 116-112 Golovkin
Sherdog.com: 116-112 Golovkin
Tom Craze (Bad Left Hook): 116-112 Golovkin
Josh Peter (USA Today): 115-113 Golovkin
Dylan Hernandez (LA Times): 115-113 Golovkin
Chris Mannix (Yahoo! Sports): 115-113 Golovkin
Joe DePaolo (Washington Post): 115-113 Golovkin
Jai Bednall (news.com.au): 115-113 Golovkin
Adam Abramowitz (Ring Magazine/SN Boxing): 115-113 Golovkin
Fraser Coffeen (Bloody Elbow): 115-113 Golovkin
Michael Montero (MonteroOnBoxing): 115-113 Golovkin
Dan Rafael (ESPN): 114-114 draw
The Associated Press: 114-114 draw
BoxingScene: 114-114 draw
Sports Illustrated: 114-114 draw
Mike Coppinger (Ring Magazine): 114-114 draw
Brian Mazique (Forbes): 114-114 draw

Not even the dudes from De La Hoya's Ring Magazine gave Canelo the win

famicommander

15 Year Member
More cards
Adam Caparell (Complex Sports): 116-112 Golovkin
Eduardo Lamazón (Televisa): 116-112 Golovkin
Rafael G (the Fight City): 116-112 Golovkin
Steven Muehlhausen (Sporting News): 116-112 Golovkin
Gareth A Davies (The Telegraph): 116-112 Golovkin
Anton Tabuena (Bloody Elbow): 115-113 Golovkin
Michelle Joy Phelps (Behind the Gloves): 115-113 Golovkin
Below The Belt Podcast: 115-113 Golovkin
World Boxing News: 115-113 Golovkin
Fight Nights: 115-113 Golovkin
Mike Baca II (Ring Magazine and Undisputed Champion Network): 115-113 Golovkin
Matt Christie (Boxing News): 115-114 Golovkin
Dieter Kurtenbach (San Jose Mercury News and the East Bay Times): Golovkin won by 3 rounds
Michael Woods (NYFights.com): two point edge for Golovkin
Lennox Lewis: Golovkin won by 2 rounds
Al Bernstein (Showtime Sports) - Golovkin win
Gary Melo (SportsNet Canada): Golovkin win
Andreas Hale (Sporting News): Golovkin win
Teddy Atlas - Golovkin win
Stephen A Smith (ESPN): Golovkin win
Arash Markazi (ESPN): 114-114 draw
Brett Okamoto (ESPN): 114-114 draw
Salvador Rodríguez (ESPN Mexico): 114-114 draw
Lance Pugmire (La Times): 114-114 draw
Kevin Iole (Yahoo! Sports): 114-114 draw
Douglass Fischer (Ring Magazine): 114-114 draw
Bill Simmons (HBO and The Ringer): 114-114 draw
George Willis (New York Post): 114-114 draw
Graham Houston (Boxing Monthly): Canelo win

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Roy Jones even mentioned something at the end of the fight. I think he was a little upset that they gave Canelo the win and at least not get a draw.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Roy Jones even mentioned something at the end of the fight. I think he was a little upset that they gave Canelo the win and at least not get a draw.
Funny, because the Jones, Lampley, and Kellerman were massive Canelo cheerleaders the whole fight. They were even saying that losing to Canelo now, in his 22nd consecutive world title defense, invalidates Golovkin's entire career.

There's no question about it. Canelo is the most crooked fighter in boxing, and De La Hoya is the modern day Don King. I assume he'll curbstomp someone to death any day now like King did, then maybe shoot another guy in the back several times.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Funny, because the Jones, Lampley, and Kellerman were massive Canelo cheerleaders the whole fight. They were even saying that losing to Canelo now, in his 22nd consecutive world title defense, invalidates Golovkin's entire career.

There's no question about it. Canelo is the most crooked fighter in boxing, and De La Hoya is the modern day Don King. I assume he'll curbstomp someone to death any day now like King did, then maybe shoot another guy in the back several times.

Kellerman was really annoying. He was clearly in Canelo's favor.

cat

Golovkin was shafted, it's a shame that he's lost his unbeaten record, he did'nt deserve that, guy was pissed after the result was announced and rightly so.
Saying that the 4 commentators we had over here in the UK had it 1 for canelo, 1 for a draw and 2 for golovkin, it was david haye for canelo, richie woodhall for the draw and steve bunce and ian darke for golovkin.
Golden boy event, golden boy fighter and a golden boy venue, sound's sketchy and golovkin was akin to daniel going into the lions den.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior

It was surprising that the two judges that gave canelo the 12th, also ended up giving him the win.
I think they were not willing to allow the fight to be a draw on their card. I think De La Hoya, a future presidential candidate :lolz: , wouldn't of been happy with there score card.
No way Canelo should've won the 12th.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I guess I misunderstood Jones at the end of the fight. Fami was right. Triple G did get the short end of the stick. I hope Triple G agrees to do another one and comes out like a Man Possessed. I know he is fighting father time but now I really want to see him destroy Canelo.

https://youtu.be/NapSr5TDDLI

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Golovkin was shafted, it's a shame that he's lost his unbeaten record, he did'nt deserve that, guy was pissed after the result was announced and rightly so.
Saying that the 4 commentators we had over here in the UK had it 1 for canelo, 1 for a draw and 2 for golovkin, it was david haye for canelo, richie woodhall for the draw and steve bunce and ian darke for golovkin.
Golden boy event, golden boy fighter and a golden boy venue, sound's sketchy and golovkin was akin to daniel going into the lions den.

This is a good post.
Golovkin losing his unbeaten record is probably as painful as losing the belt. It's a travesty.
From before the fight began you could see he was going to fight a serious fight,no playing around, business 100%.

Obviously he didn't fight a particular good fight, the way he managed the distance and the footwork was lacking much of the time. He's not the fighter he was some years ago and Canelo is a great fighter.
But he done enough to get a draw or a win. It's an embarrassment.
Calling Canelo dirty is silly though. But Golden Boy? Very much so.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Good fight, I had it 7-5 GGG. Canelo landed some great body work but honestly for someone as young as him and someone who trained for 1 year for his opponent, it should have been a rapefest on GGG. GGG was slipping so many of Canelo’s punches and throwing counters, I just wish GGG went to the body sometimes. But I knew if GGG wasn’t gonna KO Canelo that Canelo would win to trigger the 3rd fight. It’s funny listening to people who gave the fight to Canelo, “He was the aggressor so he won” lol So why didn’t GGG win the first fight? Lol

I’d rather GGG retire at this point. They did the same shit when Floyd fought Canelo, one judge gave it to Canelo and Floyd almost lost his shit. Honestly, they need to overhaul the judge selection system. The fact that the promoter chooses the judges is the biggest oversight in this sport. Gotta KO to guarantee your win.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Rumored undercard for Wilder vs Fury:
Abner Mares vs Tank Davis
Leo Santa Cruz vs Gary Russell Jr

Either one of those fights is must see. If we get both, that's a fantastic PPV even if Wilder vs Fury is a ten second KO.

cat

Who do you fancy this weekend fami, joshua or povetkin, personally i think joshua's too good for him, but he really need's to turn up on the night, he's been very poor last few fight's.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Povetkin is shot. He looked like garbage against Price and Hammer.

Four years ago Povetkin would have wrecked Joshua, but now he's nothing more than a dangerous puncher. Joshua should make quick work of him if he fights smart and is aggressive at the right moments.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Povetkin is shot. He looked like garbage against Price and Hammer.

Four years ago Povetkin would have wrecked Joshua, but now he's nothing more than a dangerous puncher. Joshua should make quick work of him if he fights smart and is aggressive at the right moments.

Has Joshua's chin been tested yet?

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Povetkin isn't the fighter of years past. His best is behind him, IMO.
Having said that though, he most definitely has a punchers chance. If he lands that hook flush, interesting things might happen.