Boxing thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Fucking hell.

Eddie Hearn and Anthony Joshua have offered Deontay Wilder a flat fee of 12.5 million dollars for the unification fight. Then they said Wilder has 48 hours to accept the fight or they're going to fight Povetkin.

This fight could be worth over $100,000,000.00. To offer a fight without a percentage split of the profits is another way of saying you don't want the fight. They gave Parker a percentage. To offer the higher ranked and more popular Wilder less is a duck, straight up.

Wilder's team is putting together a counter offer. We'll see how it goes.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Tonight Broner fights in NY. Can't stand him but should be fun. Same venue Fabian Maidana (Chino's little brother) is fighting what looks to be an easy fight (currently 15-0-0 with 10 KOs)

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Lo Greco vs Khan, Davis vs Cuellar, Broner vs Vargas, Charlo vs Centeno.

I hope Khan gets KO'd. Broner too.

But I'm looking forward to all four.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Khan just murderated the shit out of Lo Greco. technically speaking.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What's this hilarious shit I heard about Tank Davis fighting Loma? I love the argument was that he hits hard, fucking Rigo hits hard and is way quicker than Tank and Rigo couldn't land anything and he was supposedly the faster guy. I would love to see Tank vs Loma just for shits and giggles.

famicommander

15 Year Member
What's this hilarious shit I heard about Tank Davis fighting Loma? I love the argument was that he hits hard, fucking Rigo hits hard and is way quicker than Tank and Rigo couldn't land anything and he was supposedly the faster guy. I would love to see Tank vs Loma just for shits and giggles.

Loma has to get by Linares first. Not a sure thing by any means.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Broner and Vargas was a good scrap. I had AB slightly ahead at the end, but I could see a draw as well.

Lo Greco looked like a deer caught in headlights.

Mall Charlo took care of business as expected. Would love to see him up against GGG.

Donaire looks past it at 35. Still a good fighter but nowhere near the force he once was. One of the finest of his generation.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Fellow Argentinean Cuellar got dropped by Gervonta Davis. Kid is only 22 and looking like a future top tier world champ, has a couple of nuclear warheads on the ends of those arms. Needs to work on his defence a fuck load, not ready by any stretch to deal with the likes of Loma. Maybe 5 or 6 years down the road

famicommander

15 Year Member
Looks like a unification fight between lineal and WBC Lightweight Champion Mikey Garcia (38-0-0) and IBF Lightweight Champion Robert Easter (21-0-0) is next. Should be on Showtime.

Sounds like a good one to me.

Also, due to his injuries Keith Thurman's WBC Welterweight Championship has been vacated, and Shawn Porter has been ordered to fight Danny Garcia for the belt. Thurman has the option for an immediate title match when healthy. Thurman is also WBA Super Champion, but that could also soon be vacated which would make Pacquiao vs Matthysse for the real title instead of the "regular" one.

On May 19 Badou Jack will challenge lineal and WBC Light Heavyweight Champion Adonis Stephenson for his titles in Toronto.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Wilder has made a major offer.

Basically, he's guaranteeing Anthony Joshua $50,000,000 for their fight. Wilder wants a 50/50 split, meaning he expects the fight to do more than 100 million dollars. But he's willing to put his money where his mouth is: if the fight doesn't get to 100 million, his camp will pay the difference out of their own pockets to make sure Joshua gets his 50 million. But if the fight does 200 million, then both guys get 100 million. All the monetary risk is on Wilder's side.

The terms he wants are:
-Wilder gets to pick the fight
-All seven titles on the line (WBC, WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, IBO, Ring, Lineal)
-no automatic rematch clause
-fight happen this year
-next fight for both men; no tune-ups

Joshua has to take this offer.

Last edited:

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior

Basically, he's guaranteeing Anthony Joshua $50,000,000 for their fight. Wilder wants a 50/50 split, meaning he expects the fight to do more than 100 million dollars. But he's willing to put his money where his mouth is: if the fight doesn't get to 100 million, his camp will pay the difference out of their own pockets to make sure Joshua gets his 50 million. But if the fight does 200 million, then both guys get 100 million. All the monetary risk is on Wilder's side.

The terms he wants are:
-fight happen this year

Joshua has at least 50 million reasons to take the fight.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member

The terms he wants are:
-fight happen this year

Smells like bullshit

famicommander

15 Year Member
It's a real offer. Eddie Hearn just has to stop trying to protect Joshua and let him take the fight.

If not, we will likely see Wilder vs Braezeale and Joshua vs Povetkin.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
It's a real offer. Eddie Hearn just has to stop trying to protect Joshua and let him take the fight.

If not, we will likely see Wilder vs Braezeale and Joshua vs Povetkin.

It would be one of the biggest pay outs for a heavyweight fight... ever?

famicommander

15 Year Member
I thought the US was bored with heavyweight boxing? Big gamble to offer that kind of cash.
People will get behind Wilder in an undisputed title match. Especially since he's fighting a Brit. People will be whipped up into a patriotic stupor in a matter of weeks if they announce the fight.

It's two undefeated world champions from two different countries, fighting to unify all seven titles for the first time ever, in any weight class. And to crown the first undisputed heavyweight champion since Lennox Lewis.

The marketing writes itself.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Yanks just don't have much respect for UK fighters though.
I think there is room for a heavyweight revival in a couple more years. In the US I mean. I hope

famicommander

15 Year Member
It all hinges on Wilder beating Joshua. If he loses nobody will care for another five years, minimum.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
It all hinges on Wilder beating Joshua. If he loses nobody will care for another five years, minimum.

It doesn't help that these are the only 2 lean proponents in the weight class. Everyone else looks like they where drawn with mspaint

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Big Baby Miller has some skill. Light on his feet for such a big unit. Fast hands, good offense and looks decent defensively as well. Fights well in the pocket.
He weighed upwards of 300 for his latest bout, but he seems to carry that weight quite well.
Duhaupas is a very durable opponent, so Miller managed to get rounds under the belt and will be better for the experience. One to watch in the HW ranks.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Eddie Hearn, promoter for IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (21-0, 20 KOs), has revealed that his most recent discussions to make a showdown with WBC champion Deontay Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs) have been very positive.

The two sides have been haggling over the money in recent weeks.

Initially, Hearn issued an offer of $12.5 million to Wilder - which the unbeaten champion and his team felt was far too low.Team Wilder countered with a guaranteed offer of $50 million.

Hearn and Joshua wanted to proof of funds - which they apparently received from Wilder co-manager Shelly Finkel.

The two sides have been in communication over the past two days, with very positive talks, and Hearn believes the fight is now much closer to coming off.

Asked how likely the fight was to be agreed, Hearn exclusively told Sky Sports: “70 percent.”

“Their side has been very vocal in letting the media know about everything that is happening. We’ve had some positive conversations over the past day or so. Negotiations are ongoing and we’re all hopeful to reach an agreement."

Hearn issued some additional questions to Team Wilder, which the British promoter believes will be a true turning point in getting a deal wrapped up.

" I will go back with some very simple questions, which hopefully they can answer, to put us in a position to know whether it is worth talking. We sent them [on Tuesday] night. They can’t not answer those questions. I believe they want to make the fight," Hearn said.
https://www.boxingscene.com/joshua-wilder-hearn-reveals-postitive-talks-70-chance-deal--127770

So now Eddie Hearn is changing his tune.

Just get it done, guys.

Wilder's boys are willing to put up the 50 million because they know he'll be worth much, much more than that when he knocks out Joshua.