sp-4s ic on mv1c board

hey folks,

i am attempting install of neobiosmasta board onto an mv1c board, i have just noticed that my bios chip is sp-4s rather than sp-1, could anyone advise what this is and if the neobiosmasta will work...oh yes, what is the best way to lift legs on an ic :)

dave

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
The SP-45 is an ASIA bios rom, where as SP-1 is a Japan bios rom.

There should not be any difference when installing the neobiosmasta.

As for lifting the legs, I apply some flux to the legs, then using some tweezers I grab the leg and lightly pull up while heating the base of the leg with a soldering iron.

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
hey folks,

i am attempting install of neobiosmasta board onto an mv1c board, i have just noticed that my bios chip is sp-4s rather than sp-1, could anyone advise what this is and if the neobiosmasta will work...oh yes, what is the best way to lift legs on an ic :)

dave

Did you end up getting the legs lifted? If you don't care at all about the stock bios and you don't have the means of lifting a leg, you can cut the legs and remove the chip. Then just desolder the remaining legs. I don't like to do this personally but most people would never go back to the surface mount bios even if they decided to get rid of the board.