Thread: sp-4s ic on mv1c board

sp-4s ic on mv1c board

hey folks,

i am attempting install of neobiosmasta board onto an mv1c board, i have just noticed that my bios chip is sp-4s rather than sp-1, could anyone advise what this is and if the neobiosmasta will work...oh yes, what is the best way to lift legs on an ic

dave

Sho's Rival

The SP-45 is an ASIA bios rom, where as SP-1 is a Japan bios rom.

There should not be any difference when installing the neobiosmasta.

As for lifting the legs, I apply some flux to the legs, then using some tweezers I grab the leg and lightly pull up while heating the base of the leg with a soldering iron.

Crossed Swords Squire

Quote Originally Posted by alienkidmj12 View Post
    hey folks,

i am attempting install of neobiosmasta board onto an mv1c board, i have just noticed that my bios chip is sp-4s rather than sp-1, could anyone advise what this is and if the neobiosmasta will work...oh yes, what is the best way to lift legs on an ic

dave
    Did you end up getting the legs lifted? If you don't care at all about the stock bios and you don't have the means of lifting a leg, you can cut the legs and remove the chip. Then just desolder the remaining legs. I don't like to do this personally but most people would never go back to the surface mount bios even if they decided to get rid of the board.

Thread Information