Anyone like old Mac computers?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I presume the scsi2sd has proper scsi termination ability, from what I remember the early macs were pretty picky about having everything terminated correctly.

After chasing ghosts, I'm guessing it may be the external drive fucking up the internal scsi2sd. The Scsi2sd has a terminator installed, but my external only has "active term" on a switch. The scsi2sd fucks up the same ways if I have that on or off (the termination on my external hdd), so I ordered a physical terminator to see if that works. Something I read last night recommended ditching the digital termination for physical on these older macs.

If I could boot from a floppy it wouldn't be so bad, as I would think the scsi2sd should be fine on its own, but I already have full working sys7 on the external that I can use and boot from, so I'm in no hurry to try to make a set of 800k floppies just to move that data inside the case. I'll see how it goes once I have a proper terminator for the external end of the chain.

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
FML the micro SD I was using for my SE is dead. I threw that card in my working/configured powermac's scsi2sd, and the SCSI2SD locked up just like it did on the SE.

So if the SCSI2SD crashes out, and leaves a solid LED, it is possibly an indication that your SD card is dead. Once I had a good SD card getting it installed was easy. I recommend a long format / disk test on any card (sd, cf) you're putting in vintage hardware; following my own advice there would have saved me literally hours of time.

Last edited: