New discovery. amazing Neo Geo candy cocktail cabinet

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
FTL said:
ps overlay and panel are not unique as you wrote.. They are the same as neo19

you get me confused now... what you meant by this, when talking about control panels:

FTL said:
This one is totally unique, different design and more expensive to produce at the time for SNK.

All I did was taking for good everything you said so far, as frankly you (and the owner) are the only persons who can measure and confirm things anyway.

So, are you saying the control panel and the marquee overlay are the same as the neo19? I guess you meant the MV19 SC-0?

My suggestion is to maybe take a minute, document things and post them somewhere..thanks and again great find!

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Somehow...

Indiana-Jones-Raiders-Warehouse

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Yes, panel and overlay as the same as MV19 SC-0 as far as layout goes.

The main body, the glass and the serigraphy are unique to this model.

There is a snk plate with serial number but not a model number, seems they just used seial numbers for all the cabinets produced.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
There is a snk plate with serial number but not a model number, seems they just used seial numbers for all the cabinets produced.

I really wish they'd have put a model number on their plates but a serial like that is pretty cool. How many non-snk cabinets have serial number plates riveted on?

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I wish I could be excited about this thing but after the game NTM dropped on us that nobody knew about, Everything else just pales in comparison.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
About trying to understand when/where, this picture hopefully will help (courtesy of AsPiC on ArcadeOtaku):

20130929195035-AsPiC-joystick-2.jpg

What we got here is:

-MV25 UP-0 (25", 6 slot, upright)
-MV25 TA-0 (25", 6 slot, table with pivot)

-MV19 SC-0 (19", 4 slot, upright wood frame)
-the "mystery" table cabinet :)

Now, while the 25" 6-slots were the very first MVS presented at the '90 AOU show in March, the wooden MV19 SC-0 arrived slightly later.

Given the similar graphics (round "faces" logo, missing on the early 6-slots images, added in later advertising) and same CP as mentioned by FTL, seems likely this cabinet was part of this later " 19" series". (despite the auction seller mention a 25" monitor could fit, which initially lead me thinking this was a TA0 with different top)

While we can so far only speculate about the model name, it is worth pointing out that, IIRC, 19" have always been bound to "SC", which is the denomination for small locations (mall shops, barber etc.)

..could it be a MV19-TA0? Hopefully we will know some day!

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Having owned 2 neo cocktails, I will tell you this thing probably weighs a ton... it's bulkier than those.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
About trying to understand when/where, this picture hopefully will help (courtesy of AsPiC on ArcadeOtaku):

View attachment 48725

What we got here is:

-MV25 UP-0 (25", 6 slot, upright)
-MV25 TA-0 (25", 6 slot, table with pivot)

-MV19 SC-0 (19", 4 slot, upright wood frame)
-the "mystery" table cabinet :)

Now, while the 25" 6-slots were the very first MVS presented at the '90 AOU show in March, the wooden MV19 SC-0 arrived slightly later.

Given the similar graphics (round "faces" logo, missing on the early 6-slots images, added in later advertising) and same CP as mentioned by FTL, seems likely this cabinet was part of this later " 19" series". (despite the auction seller mention a 25" monitor could fit, which initially lead me thinking this was a TA0 with different top)

While we can so far only speculate about the model name, it is worth pointing out that, IIRC, 19" have always been bound to "SC", which is the denomination for small locations (mall shops, barber etc.)

..could it be a MV19-TA0? Hopefully we will know some day!

Excellent investigative work as always, Massi! Thank you for the additional model information.