Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nerd drama from Twin Galaxies

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

This is just sad in general. WHO THE FUCK CARES about these "world records". This youtuber is hellbent on attacking not only these scores that no one gives a fuck about (wtf is Dragster), but also the guy's character. Seriously, do you have nothing better in your life going on that you've had to create this mission to discredit some shmuck who has nothing but his collection of pet snakes and a few random high scores of games no one cares for? Surely there are better things to use your powers of deduction on.

Twin Galaxies has been a sham from the get-go. Anyone from back in the day knows this. The only reason it's got so much notoriety in this day is because of the Kong documentary. Before that no one really took TG that seriously.

Seems like an awful waste of effort tbh.

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

Quote Originally Posted by opt2not View Post
    Before that no one really took TG that seriously.
    Did anyone take TG seriously after the Kong documentary? All I took away from it was that they all seemed to suck Billy Mitchell's dick who was obviously a cheater anyways. Not sure how any of this is new news.

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

Yep, the laymans took it seriously after the documentary. People who weren't in the hobby ate it up. I would get so annoyed with friends that would talk about TG like they were the be-all end-all of gaming scores.

World's Greatest Poster Dr Shroom's Avatar

Who was the cuck in the kong movie going around announcing a possible donkey kong killscreen coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post
    Who was the cuck in the kong movie going around announcing a possible donkey kong killscreen coming up?
    Brian Kuh, retired in his early 30's to play games professionally. Owns zero records.

brian-kuh-disappointed.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillzguy View Post
    I sometimes wish I didn't have Aspergers as I feel game related collecting would be a mild hobby rather than an obsession.

It all comes together...

Not Average Joe.
    Not Average Homeowner.
    Not Average At All.

I used to have a super nice Crystal Castles machine. I played the fuck out of it. I was good too. I never submitted a score but I had been thinking about it. Then I watched that DK movie and was like.. what the fuck. I quit playing it after that. I still like the game, but no longer had any interest in going for a top tier score. I realized that being good at a video game was kind of pointless, because in the end... you're good at a video game.

That and Zookeeper were my two main arcade games that I could play the fuck out of. That whole culture they have created is kind of disgusting to me. Like a big jack off circle. It's one thing to share an enjoyment of games, but that shit is too far gone for me.

NEST Puppet

This is just sad in general. WHO THE FUCK CARES about these "world records". This youtuber is hellbent on attacking not only these scores that no one gives a fuck about (wtf is Dragster), but also the guy's character. Seriously, do you have nothing better in your life going on that you've had to create this mission to discredit some shmuck who has nothing but his collection of pet snakes and a few random high scores of games no one cares for? Surely there are better things to use your powers of deduction on.

Twin Galaxies has been a sham from the get-go. Anyone from back in the day knows this. The only reason it's got so much notoriety in this day is because of the Kong documentary. Before that no one really took TG that seriously.

Seems like an awful waste of effort tbh.

Dragster yes but DK is totally different matter. Loads more people know DK than Neo Geo for instance. I have not watched hellbent youtube videos but if we now have the tools/knowledge to discover that these high scores are bullshit and those players were cheaters then hell yeah expose all them!
    The funny thing is that Billy Mitchell high score in DK is so far from Robbie Lakemans score that those two guys are playing totally different game. Kinda same than Brian Kuh in King of Kong talking about killscreens and challenging Steve Wiebe..

who gives a shit if you can finish super mario bros. in five minutes? it's not like you painted the sistine chapel, hotshot.
    Last edited by Dr Shroom; 02-06-2018 at 08:37 AM.

NEST Puppet

who gives a shit if you can finish super mario bros. in five minutes? it's not like you painted the sistine chapel, hotshot.
    yes, let's keep things in perspective it is one thing to finish super mario and other thing to create renesance masterpiece. still nowadays that kid who finish super mario in x amount time is getting more money than we and
    http://content.time.com/time/magazin...991556,00.html
    even 1999 before all this retro game hype you still got your name in time magazine for making a world record in a classic arcade game.
    Last edited by godzilla43; 02-06-2018 at 11:16 AM.

It all comes together...
    GregN met Ron Jeremy?
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    GregN met Ron Jeremy?
    Pfffff

Pfffff
    Wait - that was you who met Ron Jeremy?
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Somewhere in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    Brian Kuh, retired in his early 30's to play games professionally. Owns zero records.
    Priorities ...

As for the Dragster controversy, I for one am glad they got the old dirtbag ... I don't care about justice, Twin Galaxies or that stupid game, but I'm glad they've managed to finally expose this doucher for the cheater he is. I mean ... he built his life and reputation on lies, going to game conventions, showing off his Guinness World Record ... and every time he was supposed to show off his skills he'd find an excuse. That's pretty damn pathetic, and I don't feel bad for him.

Last time I checked, no one liked lying douchebags.

NEST Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    Last time I checked, no one liked lying douchebags.
    tru dat

Somewhere in Europe.

Well ... Looks like Billy Mitchell is up next ... Crack reporters on reputable video game news outlets are already sealing his fate. The article opens with:

"A prominent Donkey Kong forum has removed some scores supposedly earned by legendary arcade game player Billy Mitchell after evidence that there was possible foul play."

Said prominent forum is supposed to be this one, where a poll thread concerning Mitchell's scores started in September 2017 has now reached a whole two pages and has managed to gather 12 votes against keeping Mitchell's scores, and 14 votes for keeping them. Good job, Kotaku.

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    Well ... Looks like Billy Mitchell is up next ... Crack reporters on reputable video game news outlets are already sealing his fate. The article opens with:

"A prominent Donkey Kong forum has removed some scores supposedly earned by legendary arcade game player Billy Mitchell after evidence that there was possible foul play."

Said prominent forum is supposed to be this one, where a poll thread concerning Mitchell's scores started in September 2017 has now reached a whole two pages and has managed to gather 12 votes against keeping Mitchell's scores, and 14 votes for keeping them. Good job, Kotaku.
    LOL Reputable, KOTAKU and "news" don't belong anywhere near each other.

I get the sarcasm is implied, but I seriously will take any opportunity to say that kotaku is a joke.
    Last edited by Lemony Vengeance; 02-06-2018 at 09:05 PM.
    It's impossible to be a nice guy on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Wait - that was you who met Ron Jeremy?
    I wish.

Remembers The North

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post

brian-kuh-disappointed.jpg
    Best in thread.

"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."
    ~Jerry Holkins

"You can have the power to destroy, but it doesn't give you the power to reform, or improve, or build."
    ~George R.R. Martin

Twitch: Redfield70
    ustream: Redfield70
    Twitter: Tom Tolios
    Facebook: Tom Tolios
    Instagram: tom_tolios
    Blog: Still In The Game

Angel's Love Slave

Azura's Bladesmith

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyTappy View Post
    LOL.. that's great mockery of the most annoying scene in the movie. I wanted to break my television.

Azura's Bladesmith

This is just sad in general. WHO THE FUCK CARES about these "world records". This youtuber is hellbent on attacking not only these scores that no one gives a fuck about (wtf is Dragster), but also the guy's character.
    He did it for the views/subscribers. Everybody likes controversy. I'd bet most of the record holders don't even care about their own records anymore. And the cheaters probably moved on, grew up and changed their ways.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyXP View Post
    He did it for the views/subscribers. Everybody likes controversy. I'd bet most of the record holders don't even care about their own records anymore. And the cheaters probably moved on, grew up and changed their ways.
    Sadly you would think this is the case. But it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillzguy View Post
    I sometimes wish I didn't have Aspergers as I feel game related collecting would be a mild hobby rather than an obsession.

Clow Warlord of Neo-Geo...for one glorious day!
    The CLOW Empire as the Warlord of CLOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyXP View Post
    Every few months or so I go over to the scoreboard and see if anyone has beaten my two scores and both still stand as the 20 year mark approaches. I use it as a conversation piece but if one or both would fall, I'd just shrug my shoulders, tell myself it was nice while it lasted and not give it another thought

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
    "Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"

Mr. Big's Thug

I suppose there is nothing wrong with wanting to be excellent at something, even just games. But it is what it is - a game. And perhaps one should mostly want to be good at it for its own sake. Things are more fun when you are good at them.

I mean, I liked that movie Searching for Bobbie Fisher about a child chess prodigy. But the parts I liked best were the ones where the boy's teacher is brutally explaining things to him like how there is, ultimately, no special recognition for reaching a certain level or any official certificate of excellence. If you do it, it's for yourself.

The parts where the boy's father is going about acting offended that people are not recognizing his son's game as "art" make me just want to smack the father. Um, no, it's not art, it's still a game.

Thread Information