Nerd drama from Twin Galaxies

sparksterz

Camel Slug
With the blast of popularity in super technical nerd types such the ones who get into speed running, it was really only a matter of time. I think it's kinda dumb and really obvious that many of Todd's records are supremely fake. Seems like it's logical to wipe him clean of the DB and allow him to resubmit ones with actual evidence if he still has any skill left...but we all know how likely a future submission would be at that rate.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
His first video was somewhat interesting. I know nothing of the speed run scene, but I occasionally watch the breakdown videos.
I like seeing the glitches and programming quirks they find to get such ridiculous times.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
hqdefault.jpg

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Twin Galaxies is the birth place of autism.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Twin Galaxies is the birth place of autism.

They actually wouldn't accept my Donpachi score because I would have to do it at a sanctioned arcade. Yet.....mame scores are ok.

Untitled.png

Submitted this. And it's not even my best score.

6b74b3a1e7ed801173d13f30bd1bab53.jpg

Last edited:

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Meh.. I thought we all knew this already. He was exposed as a sleeze in the Chasing Ghosts movie.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
It really just goes to show how brain dead people are if they still think twin galaxies was ever good.

Apollo needs to reupload those cringe videos since he took them down like a little female dog.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
lol @ making up fake highscores in shitty old videogames to make yourself feel better about the pathetic life you're living.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Lol @ playing shitty old video games in hopes of achieving a score “worthy” of a faggor community and can’t. Then faking it.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Arcadia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Twin... whatever

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Its´s an American thing right ?
World champion of video games in a time before internet and pretty much no one in the world has even heard of Ottumwa , video game capitol of the world ( LOL ).
In Japan people where playing Space Invaders the whole day long before the game even made it to the US , many played daily after work .
The fore runners of actual arcades called Invader houses which, as the name suggests where filled with just Space Invaders caused a shortage of Yen coins in Japan but when the first cabinet entered the US and some one put a coin in it, played two levels and died he was immediately hailed in a Ticker tape parade sitting in the back of a Cadillac convertible as the new World Champion .

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Heh. Two of my "world" records are still there after almost 20 years :tickled:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
They actually wouldn't accept my Donpachi score because I would have to do it at a sanctioned arcade. Yet.....mame scores are ok.

Not sure when you're talking about being told this but plenty of people submit scores from their homes and so forth now.

Arcade and MAME are tracked separately for the record.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I've always been amused at how much lot of low hanging fruit there is in 90s arcade games. Not worth the effort to get it verified, I suppose. Also ones with the wrong default settings.

Last edited:

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
Was it in Chasing Ghosts that Walter tried to send his referee Jersey to the Smithsonian, completely unsolicited? Everything about Twin Galaxies makes me so uncomfortable.