Oficial Super SD System 3 RGB Statement

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
USA folks will have a central place in the US to ship their boards to (saves shipping costs and customs forms nonsense).

Euro and other folks will ship directly back to Neosd.

But none of this will happen till the forum is active sometime in the next 6 weeks and that is also when the replacement boards should be available.

Basically...wait 6 weeks.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Just wanted to give the team props for going above and beyond, at great cost. Problems can happen anytime to anyone, but your response says a lot about your values. Damn nice work to those helping facilitate the exchanges, too.

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
Its a great product,tryed over 25 games now,all working fine.
Once the new boards are ready,everbody forget about what happened.
I tested the games for 20min per game,not a single problem till today.
And i must say there are many good games on the system.
Since it works with a sdcard,i can play even easyer and more on it,no problem anymore with laser and caps problems.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Alex .. maybe you can still salvage the old stock.

I know it impacts the video/audio output, but the emulation is perfect. Any thoughts about selling old stock for deep discount?

This!

I would be happy to own a discounted "out of RGB spec" unit.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
This!

I would be happy to own a discounted "out of RGB spec" unit.

They could but it's better to be safe and pull the stock. If you bought one and eventually sold it, notifying the buyer of what exactly they're getting, the buyer could still go off. They post issues on Facebook and the forum. You can say you told the buyer, provide proof, whatever. It's still a potential timebomb that can be eliminated by not selling the pulled boards.

(I had originally suggesged offering the board sans case.)

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Are people that daft? Alex already stated they don’t want to have two versions of the same product out on the market. Offering your chump change doesn’t change that.

TuSecsy

War Room Troll
They could but it's better to be safe and pull the stock. If you bought one and eventually sold it, notifying the buyer of what exactly they're getting, the buyer could still go off. They post issues on Facebook and the forum. You can say you told the buyer, provide proof, whatever. It's still a potential timebomb that can be eliminated by not selling the pulled boards.

(I had originally suggesged offering the board sans case.)

They could just engrave in giant letters on the PCB (OLD REVISION NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY). Problem solved.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The pulled boards say neosd while the new say TerraOnion already.

But neosd, as of now, is pulling them.

CZroe

Zero's Secretary
I don’t think people are obligated to exchange theirs so there already will be two versions on the market... with some of those still having support/warranty. The way they are doing it, anyone with the old model still has the upgrade option until the warranty period is over, keeping it simple. Feels like a waste but perhaps they can salvage the major components for warranty spares or something.

IMG_4236.jpgBig surprises today (because i didn't notice something from the order date new in my Terraonion shop account) ... both products from the Terraonion masters come on my postal office ! I will grab some pictures or i'll try to do a video with the beauty and i'll come back with some news :glee: Thank you for this :) Cheers guys !

Ps : i must use this (now i see the posting date 18.01.2018) until the new board revision will be in the TerraOnion hands.

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
View attachment 48648Big surprises today (because i didn't notice something from the order date new in my Terraonion shop account) ... both products from the Terraonion masters come on my postal office ! I will grab some pictures or i'll try to do a video with the beauty and i'll come back with some news :glee: Thank you for this :) Cheers guys !

Ps : i must use this (now i see the posting date 18.01.2018) until the new board revision will be in the TerraOnion hands.

18th was the day the RGB party started,

By when it started, we already had shipped some units

sk8er000

n00b
Hello,

I've received my product yesterday and I've tested it a bit, since I have all my pce systems already RGB modded I was not interested to return my item and not waste more of your time and money. Unfortunately I've noticed that the CD audio is not reproduced from the console's multi out, that reproduces only the audio chip's sounds when playing a CD game, but only from the Super SD system 3 DIN connector. If it could be a way to fix this audio issue and have it from the console DIN I don't need to send my product back to you. I'm used to make mod on retroconsoles so I can mod myself the board if it's a possible fix.

In the meantime I've got another issue but this time with the website, I'd like to register on the website to access the download and support sections but when I try to register using my serial numer the website says that the serial number does not exist and I cand register.
Is there a way to solve this?

thank ou in advance

Kez

n00b
If it could be a way to fix this audio issue and have it from the console DIN

I don't think the CD audio can go back into the console, so there is no way to send it through the DIN really. One solution would be to build a cable with two connectors, one for the video from your system and one that picks up audio only from the SSDS3.

sk8er000

n00b
I don't think the CD audio can go back into the console, so there is no way to send it through the DIN really. One solution would be to build a cable with two connectors, one for the video from your system and one that picks up audio only from the SSDS3.

I'm sorry but I'm not explaining this very well, I was thinking to add a proprer rgb bypass pcb (I have a couple left unused) inside the SSD3 bypassing the RGB part on the original pcb, the problem is that I've read that there are some issue with the audio part too, so I'd like to know if the audio part is fixable and use the mini din on the SSD3

Hello,

In the meantime I've got another issue but this time with the website, I'd like to register on the website to access the download and support sections but when I try to register using my serial numer the website says that the serial number does not exist and I cand register.
Is there a way to solve this?

thank ou in advance

Hello there ... the all maximum 100 serial who was initially added on the database was erased from there since our Super SD System 3 devices must send them back on the release the new batch of SSS3 ... i've got same message from the TO site ... so i don't know if they can provide something in the place for us in this moments.

neosd

Neosd Developer
First page, seccond post :

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...t-(Dec-2017)&p=4255972&viewfull=1#post4255972

Do you have to use the rgb from the super sd sytem 3,or could i use the rgb from my mooded core grafx?
Otherwise i need to order megadrive 2 rgb cable.

You can use the pcengine video output BUT you will not get cd audio sound cause the pcengine lacks of ADPCM hardware that both Super SD System 3 and original super cdrom2 drive has, so you need to get atleast the audio output from the super sd system 3 mini-din connector.

Pcengine lacks of stereo audio input on the expansion port connector, stereo CD audio can´t be mixed back .... Not an issue there ...

SSDS3 is not active on download area. We are reworking the entire website, to add forums and more.

Be patient please

Quantum

n00b
Hey neosd! I wanted to inquire about purchasing a defective super cd system 3. If you are going to just throw them out I'd love to mess around with one at a reduced price with no warranty. I'm not interested in the RGB output of the device but I would like to try and use it just for ODE.

Again I wouldn't expect any support or warranty, I'm a pretty handy guy.

Thanks!

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
Hey neosd! I wanted to inquire about purchasing a defective super cd system 3. If you are going to just throw them out I'd love to mess around with one at a reduced price with no warranty. I'm not interested in the RGB output of the device but I would like to try and use it just for ODE.

Thanks!

They have already said no to this multiple times.

neosd

Neosd Developer

Thanks!

Hello,

We are not going to sell those and we don´t have plans for a reduced price, we may rise the price btw.

This had a cost for us and we are still thinking about how we are going to reach our numbers, but selling those units is not going to happen.
We may rise the price of this product or we may decide to make the next one more exclusive as neosd and double the price (for the next one)

We have to adjust our strategy based on what happened this time.

Thanks

TuSecsy

War Room Troll
Hello,

We are not going to sell those and we don´t have plans for a reduced price, we may rise the price btw.

This had a cost for us and we are still thinking about how we are going to reach our numbers, but selling those units is not going to happen.
We may rise the price of this product or we may decide to make the next one more exclusive as neosd and double the price (for the next one)

We have to adjust our strategy based on what happened this time.

Thanks

Why are you so against selling the first run units to recoup some of the money lost? There are plenty of people who are fine with it as-is using sync on composite, composite video, or internal mods.

As for the "we don't want two versions of the same product out there" thing, that's understandable, but you do realize a large portion of the units already shipped will not be returned to you right? People are either too lazy, aren't on an internet forum, are fine with the product the way it is, or aren't even aware of all the issues on forums. These products will still be circulating for years to come.

Just stamp "EARLY VERSION NO RETURNS, NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT" in large letters on both sides of the PCB or even on the shell, sell them at cost, and recoup your lost money. Krikzz does it all the time with early versions of everdrives and people eat them up quick. It is still a 100% functioning ODE, and that's the main purpose of the device is it not?

It's your business, of course, but jacking up the price or price gouging (doubling?!?) the price of items is not going to endear yourself to customers in the long run.

Just my two cents.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Why are you so against selling the first run units to recoup some of the money lost? There are plenty of people who are fine with it as-is using sync on composite, composite video, or internal mods.

As for the "we don't want two versions of the same product out there" thing, that's understandable, but you do realize a large portion of the units already shipped will not be returned to you right? People are either too lazy, aren't on an internet forum, are fine with the product the way it is, or aren't even aware of all the issues on forums. These products will still be circulating for years to come.

Just stamp "EARLY VERSION NO RETURNS, NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT" in large letters on both sides of the PCB or even on the shell, sell them at cost, and recoup your lost money. Krikzz does it all the time with early versions of everdrives and people eat them up quick. It is still a 100% functioning ODE, and that's the main purpose of the device is it not?

It's your business, of course, but jacking up the price or price gouging (doubling?!?) the price of items is not going to endear yourself to customers in the long run.

Just my two cents.

I don´t want to offend anyone, but we are different than Krikzz.

We do products to the same customers but with different engineering.

We don´t like hardware revisions, cause this means that you haven´t done it well on the first time. And yes, we did a mistake with the RGB so we are offering replacements instead of not doing this, and fix it on the next version.

We want our mistakes in a box, let those die there, and move fordward.

Business is learn to loose aswel, we were 100% sure we had a winner product, we were not expecting this.

The "leason" we have learnt this time is we can´t just adjust price to win on the long term, cause any of those youtube "masters" cand send your work to the trash in a minute.

Thanks

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Does this means you have contacted/emailed everyone who ordered from you (who already had their order shipped) to return the item to you? Unless you do this the reality will be that two revisions will end up out there I forsee.

How about when it comes to the first firmware update... You could just brick first revision PCBs with it and give a message to return the item to you for update. Also there is the option to cripple returned product and cripple them with warning message so people know the difference in quality.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Does this means you have contacted/emailed everyone who ordered from you (who already had their order shipped) to return the item to you? Unless you do this the reality will be that two revisions will end up out there I forsee.

How about when it comes to the first firmware update... You could just brick first revision PCBs with it and give a message to return the item to you for update. Also there is the option to cripple returned product and cripple them with warning message so people know the difference in quality.

First we need :

- Have the new pcbs in stock
- Have the forum to move people there

We are working on both things now :

- PCBS were sent to production the day before we anounced the solution and we are just waiting, nothing else to do in this subject than waiting.

- We are working on the forums and website redesign.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
We don´t like hardware revisions, cause this means that you haven´t done it well on the first time. And yes, we did a mistake with the RGB so we are offering replacements instead of not doing this, and fix it on the next version.

Another reason why i appreciate so much neosd team , as an everdrive owner ( for 4 different consoles) I can not digest that revisions story , dropping the old ones .