Oficial Super SD System 3 RGB Statement

TuSecsy

War Room Troll
I don´t want to offend anyone, but we are different than Krikzz.

We do products to the same customers but with different engineering.

We don´t like hardware revisions, cause this means that you haven´t done it well on the first time. And yes, we did a mistake with the RGB so we are offering replacements instead of not doing this, and fix it on the next version.

We want our mistakes in a box, let those die there, and move fordward.

Business is learn to loose aswel, we were 100% sure we had a winner product, we were not expecting this.

The "leason" we have learnt this time is we can´t just adjust price to win on the long term, cause any of those youtube "masters" cand send your work to the trash in a minute.

Thanks

I understand all this, but no matter what you do you're not going to get all 100 or so of them back anyway, not even close. No reason to eat the 5-10,000 euros and just trash them when you could blow them out in a half-price fire sale, at least recoup most of your cost. You are going to have two "revisions" out there anyway, and it's not like it's 1000 of them or something.

But do as you please, as a consumer I can only say if your next product is way more expensive than it should be I just won't buy it personally.

Also you seem to be both blaming youtubers for the problem and also admitting the problem was on your end at the same time. Can't really have it both ways. Why didn't you hit up Voultar a month before you released it, instead of just laughing peoples concerns off? This is a 330$ product we're talking about, not some cheapo 100$ one. You had to expect people wanted it perfect?

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
C’mon ban this whiny fucktard already. He’s saying the same shit that was on shmups (now I see he edited some of the neo-geo mod hate comments).

It is what it is, why can’t you take what neoSD is saying, they do not want to release rev.1. Accept it.

They already admitted there were mistakes, why are you “beating the dead horse?”

I don´t want to offend anyone, but we are different than Krikzz.

The "leason" we have learnt this time is we can´t just adjust price to win on the long term, cause any of those youtube "masters" cand send your work to the trash in a minute.

Thanks

Guys ... my brother in these moments break the neo geo controller ... it's any doubt about your beauties and for sure they will admit that in the final ! i'm honest ... when i discover your products i put my fist in my moth :drool_2: (on that date just NeoSd was available) i put a order for both ! So ... the shinny SSS3 as a product deserve more than that ! Don't waste your nerves with those guys who didn't have good intentions ! On the final will be a win situation for all of us ! Last night i play for little bit "Ninja Spirit" (with a Puckapunch rgb cable from retrogamingcable) ... for me as a noobie was an AWESOME experience ! for sure ... i'll do a video next hours / days and i'll put somewhere easy to acces for everybody ! i did this already with NeoSd :)

Peace & best !

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
C’mon ban this whiny fucktard already. He’s saying the same shit that was on shmups (now I see he edited some of the neo-geo mod hate comments).

It is what it is, why can’t you take what neoSD is saying, they do not want to release rev.1. Accept it.

They already admitted there were mistakes, why are you “beating the dead horse?”

I aint in a banning mood recently...

And TBH... Tu_sucksy knows where the lines are...

...If I truly wanted him... (or anyone) gone... they'd already been dealt with....

xROTx

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
NO ONE IS GOING TO GET A REDUCED PRICED UNIT, PERIOD. QUIT ASKING FOR IT, I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHO YOU ARE, THEY MADE THE DECISION, LIVE WITH IT.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Ok Rot, enjoy the relaxing. Still think TuDickless is here just for trolling neosd, but whatever. We'll see when revision 2 is done and shipping and all this blows over if he is still touting the same tune.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Ok Rot, enjoy the relaxing.

If I ever feel that to be the case... he will find out why my rep is deserved...

xROTx

PS. I hear on Dicksofts site... they have a voodoo doll of me... and stick pins in it... hoping I'll die...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
We do that too, but instead of pins we use our penis.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
We do that too, but instead of pins we use our penis.

This is by far the most disturbing post I have read recently...

... and I read all of Neobuyers posts...:help:

xROTx

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Even more disturbing is the amount of dolls he gone through!

TuSecsy

War Room Troll

just trying to keep them from throwing 5-10,000 euros worth of perfectly good product in the trash. gave it my best shot.

...opt4cock

Last edited:

Chris123

n00b
Hello,

I received a missed package notification at my home. It's from Spain, so I'm guessing it's the SSDS3, though I never received any shipping notification via e-mail or the neosdstore website.

There's a customs fee indicated on this of about $17 USD.

I understand a replacement SSDS3 board will be available within two months.

Can I choose to refuse the package, have it shipped back to Terra Onion, then await the new product to be shipped to me?

Or do I have to accept it now, pay the import fee, then pay to ship the board back when the replacement is available, then possibly pay another import fee when it arrives back in my country?

Thanks!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
NO ONE IS GOING TO GET A REDUCED PRICED UNIT, PERIOD. QUIT ASKING FOR IT, I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHO YOU ARE, THEY MADE THE DECISION, LIVE WITH IT.

THIS - just makes all the people who bitched about things without ever having bought one all the slimier by trying to get something at a discount.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I recently received my neosd and SSD3. I wanted to share my experience with the SSD3.

I had purchased a MD2 cable from RGC to use with the SSD3. RGC is usually my go to for buying RGB cables. When using this cable, I experienced the issues discussed in this thread. However, I then used the old MD2 cable I had previously purchased from RGC for my Genesis years ago and have not encountered any noticeable issues (at least to me). I'm guessing the older cable has a different sync (can't remember as I got it a long time ago). Long story short, I'm using the new cable on my Genesis and the old cable on my TG16/SSD3 and things are going well. I'm having a good time playing Rondo of Blood and thanks to the SSD3 I'm playing more TG than I have in a long time.

So, I don't think my SSD3 is one that Terraonion will be getting back. I'm enjoying the item. Needless to say, the neosd is freaking great and I look forward to the other products Terraonion is working on.

Last edited:
So, I don't think my SSD3 is one that Terraonion will be getting back. I'm enjoying the item. Needless to say, the neosd is freaking great and I look forward to the other products Terraonion is working on.

If your RGC MD2 / Genesis 2 is a PUCKAPUNCH cable your choice was wise ... if not , the RGC MD2 normal cable can cause some issues ... My experience with SSS3 was awesome seems to get 0 troubles until now with SSS3 + Sega MD 2 / Genesis 2 RGB SCART PACKAPUNCH PRO CABLE ... i play just Ninja Spirit because i don't have support to play other types of platforms like CD-rom2 , Arcade CD-ROM² games. So if your choice will be to not sent this beauty back , hope you'll have the future support from TerraOnion team. Cheers

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
If your RGC MD2 / Genesis 2 is a PUCKAPUNCH cable your choice was wise ... if not , the RGC MD2 normal cable can cause some issues ... My experience with SSS3 was awesome seems to get 0 troubles until now with SSS3 + Sega MD 2 / Genesis 2 RGB SCART PACKAPUNCH PRO CABLE ... i play just Ninja Spirit because i don't have support to play other types of platforms like CD-rom2 , Arcade CD-ROM² games. So if your choice will be to not sent this beauty back , hope you'll have the future support from TerraOnion team. Cheers

the firmware is the same on both boards, we are going to compile the updates for both ...

BTW i been told that tomorrow we will have the new pcbs, so the plan is to solder two of those by hand on the weekend to do the final validation, if familly lets me do that (i hope so)

More news soon

Thanks

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
the firmware is the same on both boards, we are going to compile the updates for both ...

BTW i been told that tomorrow we will have the new pcbs, so the plan is to solder two of those by hand on the weekend to do the final validation, if familly lets me do that (i hope so)

More news soon

Thanks

Thanks for the update and thanks for all the hard work you are putting in to get this corrected!

neosd

Neosd Developer
EDIT - PRODUCTION STATUS - 09-02-2018

We got the new pcbs today from factory

NEW Panel front picture:

pce_new_boards_1.jpeg

There is only one visible change on the front, www.neosdstore.com has been replaced by www.terraonion.com

On the back there are more changes

pce_new_boards_2.jpeg

On the left its the OLD pcb and on the right there is the NEW one.

We have soldered the new pcb today by hand and everything works fine, rgb issue is gone :)

So whats the roadmap as today ?

monday 12th february we enter into production for the batch. we should be shipping again before the month ends, i think factory will take about 14-21 days to provide us the boards.

Thanks

Relikk

n00b
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the updates. When the new batch that's ready for shipping gets going again, will you be starting from where you left off in the queue, or will you be waiting for people to return their faulty PCBs?

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the updates. When the new batch that's ready for shipping gets going again, will you be starting from where you left off in the queue, or will you be waiting for people to return their faulty PCBs?

It was said earlier that they would start over from the beginning.

Chris123

n00b
Hello,

I received a missed package notification at my home. It's from Spain, so I'm guessing it's the SSDS3, though I never received any shipping notification via e-mail or the neosdstore website.

There's a customs fee indicated on this of about $17 USD.

I understand a replacement SSDS3 board will be available within two months.

Can I choose to refuse the package, have it shipped back to Terra Onion, then await the new product to be shipped to me?

Or do I have to accept it now, pay the import fee, then pay to ship the board back when the replacement is available, then possibly pay another import fee when it arrives back in my country?

Thanks!

Sorry to bump, but hoping this can be answered. I tried sending a message through the order website but haven't heard anything back.

The package is set to be returned to sender on Feb. 16. According to Japan Post, it should be returned OK, but would like to confirm with neosd that this is an OK procedure to follow.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Sorry to bump, but hoping this can be answered. I tried sending a message through the order website but haven't heard anything back.

The package is set to be returned to sender on Feb. 16. According to Japan Post, it should be returned OK, but would like to confirm with neosd that this is an OK procedure to follow.

Hello,

I will try to answer you tomorrow, its not an easy answer that requires some time to write the explanation.

Sorry about not answering you before but i literally had no time to write our answer

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

Some videos of the new pcb, its the same footage captured with the Framemeister and with a camera.