Retro-bit Super Retro Trio Plus HD system - mini review

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I bought a Retron 5 at release and hated it - but I hear they fixed a lot of issues with subsequent FW updates?
Like what issue did you have.

I found it played everything and I also found that to English patch on Japanese carts was super usual as my library is only japanese. Its also the only clone system i've playt where genesis music didnt sound like shit.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Like what issue did you have.

I found it played everything and I also found that to English patch on Japanese carts was super usual as my library is only japanese. Its also the only clone system i've playt where genesis music didnt sound like shit.

Mainly, the UI was a little wonky iirc and compatibility for me had some hiccups with recognizing carts and the wireless controllers were laggy garbage. I know I can use my own original controllers - but the whole reason I bought this was to bring a little of my gameroom to my living room where my wife doesn't want to see 100 old-ass consoles everywhere. So, I needed the wireless to at least work.

Did they fix the controller lag?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Mainly, the UI was a little wonky iirc and compatibility for me had some hiccups with recognizing carts and the wireless controllers were laggy garbage. I know I can use my own original controllers - but the whole reason I bought this was to bring a little of my gameroom to my living room where my wife doesn't want to see 100 old-ass consoles everywhere. So, I needed the wireless to at least work.

Did they fix the controller lag?

The controller was ass, no fixing for that one. The game is picky when it comes to games as they had to be extremely clean to read properly. I also found that , for both of my consoles, the NES connector was flimsy and tended to give me the most trouble. I loved the system, but after the clean and convenience i didn't feel it would last long at all