Those companies..........what? They lost the source codes for their games?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Overkill is like my biography in videogame form.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Supposedly the Dreamcast version is the oldest existing source for Super SF2 Turbo, and what HD Remix was based on. I'd hold my breath on the anniversary collection being 'arcade perfect' as described.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Kind of the same thing when artists are asked about some rare rehearsal tape from 89' found in the producers grandmas' attic and the artist replies they didn't even know such a thing existed.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The fans care a lot more than the creators, that is fact.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I believe there was a news and rumors/general discussion thread talking about how SNK lost the source code to Buriki One (or another Hyper game?). I was unlucky with search.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Back when Mega Man Anniversary Collection for PS2, Xbox, and GC came out they were supposed to release a game called Mega Man Mania for GBA with all the original GB Mega Man World 1-5 games fully colorized. They even had screen shots. It went quiet for awhile until Capcom stated the game was canned because they lost the source code for some of the games. I remember thinking that did not sound possible at the time.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
The fans care a lot more than the creators, that is fact.

To them its just a job, also The beta of Sonic 1 was meant to be included with sonic mega collection but yuji naka mentioned in a interview they had lost it.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It went quiet for awhile until Capcom stated the game was canned because they lost the source code for some of the games. I remember thinking that did not sound possible at the time.

The digital world is cruel, but it also happens with analogue master tapes. I remember how Cristian Vogel's label Mosquito released their Brighton Techno catalogue on bleep for the first time in digital form. They recorded from vinyl, because their master tapes were lost or destroyed.