SNES flashcarts HELP

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
So, I want a cheap flashcart for my Super Fami/SNES

I keeping seeing the SuperUFO carts for like $60, but it's extremely unclear if they are actually falshcarts?

SNES everdrive is the next runner up being a little more expensive.

SD2SNES [I KNOW!] is the best. But I do not care about save states nor do I care about FX chip games. I just need something that plays the bulk of the library and allows me to save games for games that had batteries.

What are people's experiences with these? Thoughts? Recommendations? Sell me one? :lolz:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
So, I want a cheap flashcart for my Super Fami/SNES

I keeping seeing the SuperUFO carts for like $60, but it's extremely unclear if they are actually falshcarts?

SNES everdrive is the next runner up being a little more expensive.

SD2SNES [I KNOW!] is the best. But I do not care about save states nor do I care about FX chip games. I just need something that plays the bulk of the library and allows me to save games for games that had batteries.

What are people's experiences with these? Thoughts? Recommendations? Sell me one? :lolz:

The SD2Snes plays all the MegaMan X games. Just saying. I don't care much for the FX Chip games either. Just get the Standard Everdrive one if you don't care for all the Hokus Pokus.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Sounds like the SNES Everdrive is what you need. No special chip games, but it works well. Personally I want to upgrade to the SD2SNES but I can't deal with the price right now.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Sounds like the SNES Everdrive is what you need. No special chip games, but it works well. Personally I want to upgrade to the SD2SNES but I can't deal with the price right now.

Yeah, sounds like. So, does the SNES Everdrive NOT play the Megaman X games?

That SD2SNES is just so $$$

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It will play the first Megaman X game, but X2 and X3 have enhancement chips so they won't play on anything but the SD2SNES.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
You guys should have snagged the cheap SD2SNES out of the marketplace before I got to it. :P

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Snes Everdrive is the best bang fot your buck. If you really need the X itch, just buy the SFC carts, I got em all for cheap even off of ebay.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
SNES Everdrive. Runs almost the entire library, just not the chipped games outside of the DSP.

The UFO isn't the best. The SD2SNES promises a lot, but only delivers MSU1 audio/video modern hacks and play time with Mega Man X2/X3, otherwise on par with the SNES ED.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yeah, sounds like. So, does the SNES Everdrive NOT play the Megaman X games?

That SD2SNES is just so $$$

PJ, I was rocking the Snes Powerpak for so many years and loved it. Upgraded to a Sd2Snes for a few games. Not really worth it. Just get the regular everdrive. The Japanese SFC X carts are still affordable compared to the U.S one's.