Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sausage egg biscuit, which restaurant has the best

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.
    Best is always what you cook up at home. Fast food sucks.

Ikari Warrior
    I'd take a fry-up over a heavy southern breakfast any day. I ate the shit out of the full breakfasts when I was visiting Ireland. That shit will keep you full until dinnertime.
    Neo-Geo AES US #000003 | Neo-Geo MVS #55378008 | Neo-Geo CD US #71077345

Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    No more posts. Jibs wins internet for May 31.

I was Born This Ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba View Post
    I'd take a fry-up over a heavy southern breakfast any day. I ate the shit out of the full breakfasts when I was visiting Ireland. That shit will keep you full until dinnertime.
    For me? Leave the tomato off...and yeah, I'd wreck one of those as well. Too many carbs in a proper southern B-fast plate...they may last hours, but the initial bog is too much for me.
    Currently seeking the SNES limited ocean blue cart- Alexander Popov's Communist Swimming. Holla at your boy if you have one.

King's Dry Cleaner
    sausage egg and cheese mcgriddles are my weakness. god those things are so fucking good
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Made you look

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    Retards with credit cards.

Ikari Warrior
    Yeah, McGriddles are fucking nuts. Salty, fatty, AND sweet. Fucken things fire on all cylinders. Only thing that could make them better is getting a b-jibber while you're eating one.
    Neo-Geo AES US #000003 | Neo-Geo MVS #55378008 | Neo-Geo CD US #71077345

Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    No more posts. Jibs wins internet for May 31.

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong
    I can't do McGriddles. It's not that they're bad, they are actually pretty good. But the taste seems kinda... Unnatural. Unholy. Like "this should not exist, what hath man wrought?"

I asked for a
    Custom Rank and
    Learned My Lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I can't do McGriddles. It's not that they're bad, they are actually pretty good. But the taste seems kinda... Unnatural. Unholy. Like "this should not exist, what hath man wrought?"
    All McDonald's food tastes like that. It's like eating a cartoon.
    I turned off signatures. So should you.

Sausage is a no go for me. From time to time I'll have an egg with cheese on an English muffin, but I don't dig swine, so bacon, ham, and/or sausage will never come near my breakfast sandwich.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renmauzo View Post
    Sausage is a no go for me. From time to time I'll have an egg with cheese on an English muffin, but I don't dig swine, so bacon, ham, and/or sausage will never come near my breakfast sandwich.

!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    Bojangle's

Attachment 48473
    Got a bojangles in town recently, slowly been trying the breakfast menu and was fairly unimpressed. Until I tried the steak biscuit. I am very impressed by this simple item, by far the best thing on the breakfast menu. The cajun fillet and gravy biscuit are tied for second place but I feel no where near the level of the steak biscuit. I have been drinking all night waiting for them to open so maybe its my inner drunkard giving them a review here.

Anyway I am shocked at how cheap the whole breakfast menu is though. Its really hard to find a better biscuit out here, at any price or location.

Honourary Irishman.
    The American biscuit. Like a scone. In fact take whatever scone recipe you have. It's basis (no fruit or nuts) is probably, cold butter, cold milk, self raising flour, and sugar. But lose the sugar, add a pinch of salt, mix, and bake in the same way you would a scone. You have put together an American biscuit.

The sausage gravy is another enigma. Take sausage meat, not link sausage and fry this in a pan. Mix in an amount of flour with your sausage as you cook. It will bind with the grease and make a roux. Pour in some cold milk to deglaze the pan. Then simmer and whisk until you reach desired thickness. What you've made is a sausage bechamel sauce. Pour this over your split open plain, no sugar scones, and you have biscuits and gravy.

Of course season the gravy to taste with salt and pepper. Takes its humble roots in poor southern farmers who couldn't afford to throw away grease, or wash a pan with food stuck to it. So you found a way to deglaze and use all that was there.

As for a fast food sausage biscuit. I used to like jack in the box. But such a thing doesn't exist here. You can get an egg Mcmuffin. Or a croissant which at Burger King. But I don't care much for either.
    cool dude

I was Born This Ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by K_K View Post
    The American biscuit. Like a scone. In fact take whatever scone recipe you have. It's basis (no fruit or nuts) is probably, cold butter, cold milk, self raising flour, and sugar. But lose the sugar, add a pinch of salt, mix, and bake in the same way you would a scone. You have put together an American biscuit.

The sausage gravy is another enigma. Take sausage meat, not link sausage and fry this in a pan. Mix in an amount of flour with your sausage as you cook. It will bind with the grease and make a roux. Pour in some cold milk to deglaze the pan. Then simmer and whisk until you reach desired thickness. What you've made is a sausage bechamel sauce. Pour this over your split open plain, no sugar scones, and you have biscuits and gravy.
    I take some pride in my biscuits and gravy...

I like using what's called (around here) as hot sausage:

Its nothing insane, but it has a little kick to it. I use a chopping tool to get the sausage extra fine, no big chunks. Like you said, some coarse fresh ground pepper and salt to taste.

...and you missed the lard, proper biscuits have real lard in them...not Crisco, not shortening...real lard.

*EDIT*

I will say that having eaten plenty of both...a proper American biscuit is way different than any scone I've ever had. Scones come across as overly dry to me...
    Last edited by smokehouse; 02-28-2018 at 07:50 AM.
    Currently seeking the SNES limited ocean blue cart- Alexander Popov's Communist Swimming. Holla at your boy if you have one.

Camel Slug
    Quote Originally Posted by voltronbadass View Post
    Got a bojangles in town recently, slowly been trying the breakfast menu and was fairly unimpressed. Until I tried the steak biscuit. I am very impressed by this simple item, by far the best thing on the breakfast menu. The cajun fillet and gravy biscuit are tied for second place but I feel no where near the level of the steak biscuit. I have been drinking all night waiting for them to open so maybe its my inner drunkard giving them a review here.

Anyway I am shocked at how cheap the whole breakfast menu is though. Its really hard to find a better biscuit out here, at any price or location.
    Bojangles and Cook Out are two reasons I never want to live outside the south. Their Steak & Cajun Filets are both awesome. They also have killer fries. A good Bojangles biscuit, fries and sweet tea is perfect any time of the day imo.

Honourary Irishman.
    Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse View Post
    I take some pride in my biscuits and gravy

...and you missed the lard, proper biscuits have real lard in them...not Crisco, not shortening...real lard.

*EDIT*

I will say that having eaten plenty of both...a proper American biscuit is way different than any scone I've ever had. Scones come across as overly dry to me...
    A scone or biscuit run along very similar lines. Lard or shortening aren't required. I use butter because it's more accessible. They don't sell crisco here, and lard isn't available in just any shop. So it's either use something like suet or just use butter. Either way a fatty element is required.

The extra sugary additive in scones probably creates a bit of dryness.
    cool dude

Thread Information