Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is the US AES KOF 95 so expensive now?

Cheng's Errand Boy

Why is the US AES KOF 95 so expensive now?

I've been looking to start getting back some US AES games I've sold off long ago. I was looking to start getting The King Of Fighters series back. Why is KOF 95 a $600+ title now?
    GAMES I ALREADY HAVE
    KOF 94-95, 97-99, 01
    Metal Slug X, 3, 4, 5
    Mutation Nation
    Ninja Combat
    Last Blade
    Fatal Fury, Special, 3 Real Bout 1, Mark Of The Wolves
    Samurai Shodown 2
    Sengoku
    King Of Monsters

JammaNationX

Quote Originally Posted by darkkrisp View Post
    I've been looking to start getting back some US AES games I've sold off long ago. I was looking to start getting The King Of Fighters series back. Why is KOF 95 a $600+ title now?
    Retards with credit cards.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Your first mistake is buying AES.

!!

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    Your first mistake is buying AES.
    This and why aren't you looking for the much cheaper JP version instead.

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!

sorry misread the thread.
    Last edited by Bogard; 01-20-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Belnar Institute Student

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    That statement is so true
    Donkey Wants
    MVS Loose Carts!!!!

Crossed Swords
    Double Dragon
    Nam 75
    Ninja commando
    Sengoku 2
    Sam 5/S

Cheng's Errand Boy

Messed up my reply
    Last edited by darkkrisp; 01-20-2018 at 06:07 PM.
    GAMES I ALREADY HAVE
    KOF 94-95, 97-99, 01
    Metal Slug X, 3, 4, 5
    Mutation Nation
    Ninja Combat
    Last Blade
    Samurai Shodown 2
    Sengoku
    King Of Monsters

Cheng's Errand Boy

Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    This and why aren't you looking for the much cheaper JP version instead.
    I was looking for any AES version, I just noticed while searching that the US version was ridiculously high and I was just curious if anyone knew why.
    GAMES I ALREADY HAVE
    KOF 94-95, 97-99, 01
    Metal Slug X, 3, 4, 5
    Mutation Nation
    Ninja Combat
    Last Blade
    Samurai Shodown 2
    Sengoku
    King Of Monsters

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

I was looking for any AES version, I just noticed while searching that the US version was ridiculously high and I was just curious if anyone knew why.
    I'm surprised that you being a 2006 member don't know this by now. For the most part all U.S and Euro games are more Rare than the Japan games hence the ridiculous prices. Not trying to be asshole, just saying.

If your interested in a KOF96 Aes Jpn version send me a pm. I'm getting rid of my entire kof AES collection.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Sad but true.

Everything is more expensive now.

Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

Cheng's Errand Boy

Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    I'm surprised that you being a 2006 member don't know this by now. For the most part all U.S and Euro games are more Rare than the Japan games hence the ridiculous prices. Not trying to be asshole, just saying.

If your interested in a KOF96 Aes Jpn version send me a pm. I'm getting rid of my entire kof AES collection.
    It's all good. I've been a member since 06 but I took a hiatus after I originally sold off my AES games and I haven't kept up with the pricing. Just suprised by the jumps in value. When I left I sold off all my high value games like the Metal Slugs in my signature and they were all in the hundreds and now they are in the thousands. I couldn't get any takers for Mutation Nation when I left so I hung onto it and I believe I sold it for around $300 something about a year or 2 ago. It looks like all versions of it are pretty high still. I just found it odd that there is as big big a price hike on KOF 95 as there is now though. I seen it in the Neo store for $600+ and I've seen it on eBay asking $1000+ and that's an insane jump.
    GAMES I ALREADY HAVE
    KOF 94-95, 97-99, 01
    Metal Slug X, 3, 4, 5
    Mutation Nation
    Ninja Combat
    Last Blade
    Samurai Shodown 2
    Sengoku
    King Of Monsters

Sadly there's just a finite supply of these games and you have collectors buying multiple copies, either to piece together a "mint" copy or just for trade fodder. Plus the speculators of a "return on investment" doesn't make it any better. Just go for the Jp cart, it has better looking art anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    That is so true... video games crossed the line from eccentric nerd to soap opera popularity. Naturally everyone wants to have a piece of the origins of the number one in the entertainment business. It's far more than fashion or nostalgia, just look at current trends to omit physical releases, single player campaigns, offline gaming -- the list goes on.

For better or worse: the electronic simplicity of the days of our youth is gone for good. It rests in peace now and remains in high demand.

Host for Orochi

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    our youth is gone for good. It rests in peace now and remains in high demand.
    Yep, couldn't have made a better statement

The prices have risen over the past few years. However, my perception is they are stagnating (at a high level) for now. Some prices even dropped a bit. Let's see how it turns out in the future. Anyways, good luck OP in finding a KoF 95.

Quote Originally Posted by Pep
    Your nickname suits very well for someone who has decided collecting NGH

Akari's Big Brother

Why do you really need the US AES version of KOF '95? (unless you're a collector, in which case you'd be less likely to ask the question about its price, anyway).
    If you just want to play it, you could get the cheaper Japanese AES version (which will play in English if you have an English language console). Or you could get it on MVS.
    According to the price guide on this site, US KOF95 AES is not particularly rare. But rarity is subjective. Neogeokult.com lists it as "Uncommon", and prices it higher. English versions of AES games can shoot up in price, even if they aren't officially rare.

If you're interested, here is a NOS (new old stock) copy being sold by KPJ for 6000 USD (and it has 15 watchers):
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/King-of-Fig...QAAOSwjyhaFGJJ

Here is a copy of it, without instruction manual, for 1250 USD:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/SNK-Neo-Geo...wAAOxyOlhS37CW
    Last edited by joe8; 01-22-2018 at 02:06 AM.
    Shock Troopers high score- 17,364,600

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Whoa darkkrisp you must be a fucking retard because joe8 here has just schooled you big time.

!!

Somewhere in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    Ain't that the truth. When I think back to mid-2000s and the MVS scoops I scored back then ... Loose carts, but damn ... Europe was shutting down its arcades everywhere, and out of business operators would be selling everything, just to get some money back. Now everyone and their pets are "collectors".

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekiller View Post
    However, my perception is they are stagnating (at a high level) for now. Some prices even dropped a bit. Let's see how it turns out in the future. Anyways, good luck OP in finding a KoF 95.
    Thanks for the nice edit and I also share your observation. In my opinion the trend is going to less expensive, but at the same time less common and even if infamous top-shelf merchandise currently counteracts this progress, and those who are part of it, won't leave anytime soon: the newcomer entries are dwindling. That's defining.

Hobby's still attractive to younger audiences, but their admiration for ancient japanese electronics will stop at having a couple of colorful, quirky dust collectors on their shelf, rather than a hard-edged collection, to somewhat gentrify the authenticity and personal value of everybody's darling FPGA or the genius but bland PC... man, even the name is dead boring, but the abbreviation is pure impotence.

Retro-gaming? The future is certainly now.

Tung's Hair Stylist

You should also be aware that getting ripped off for a expensive US KOF 95 is a real possibility. Its just the paper that's different so someone taking a much cheaper JPN version to make it look like the expensive US version can and has happened.
    The Offensive Orgy Mode!!!

NGFL Member.
    xROTx

You can get KOF US for under $500 if you wait for auction, or find someone off ebay. I obtained a near mint copy for $450 shipped less than a year ago.

But buying in lots is the best way to get low prices. Wait till you see one pop up with KoF 95 included.

F I R E W A L L
    M Y A S S !

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    Ain't that the truth. When I think back to mid-2000s and the MVS scoops I scored back then ... Loose carts, but damn ... Europe was shutting down its arcades everywhere, and out of business operators would be selling everything, just to get some money back. Now everyone and their pets are "collectors".
    Oh yeah, I remember back then in uhhh 2003 or so I got both Last Blade MVS at around $10 each... good luck nowadays.
    PMing Rot on a daily basis since December 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ResO View Post
    I always offer free shipping on my used panties. Many sellers are really getting greedy these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    ... Loose carts, but damn ...
    Loose MVS carts are so sexy, loose AES look like orphans. MVS has a clear modernistic form, AES' little curves look cockeyed. Seeing both loose, I'd say: less is more.

Cheng's Errand Boy

Quote Originally Posted by joe8 View Post
    Why do you really need the US AES version of KOF '95? (unless you're a collector, in which case you'd be less likely to ask the question about its price, anyway).
    If you just want to play it, you could get the cheaper Japanese AES version (which will play in English if you have an English language console). Or you could get it on MVS.
    According to the price guide on this site, US KOF95 AES is not particularly rare. But rarity is subjective. Neogeokult.com lists it as "Uncommon", and prices it higher. English versions of AES games can shoot up in price, even if they aren't officially rare.

If you're interested, here is a NOS (new old stock) copy being sold by KPJ for 6000 USD (and it has 15 watchers):
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/King-of-Fig...QAAOSwjyhaFGJJ

Here is a copy of it, without instruction manual, for 1250 USD:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/SNK-Neo-Geo...wAAOxyOlhS37CW
    I never said I needed the US version of KOF 95 I just said I was looking to get some US versions back. I searched eBay for King of Fighters AES as I own the AES console. I noticed the ridiculous high price of the US version of 95 so I came here to see if anyone knew why it jumped so high. I have no interest in those auctions you linked, they were the ones I seen in the first place that made me want to know why the prices were so high. If I was willing to blow $6k on a Neo Geo cart, KOF 95 would not be that title. For some reason I have the US KOF 95 manual. It’s not the best shape but I might be able to make a decent amount for it if I put it on eBay.
    Last edited by darkkrisp; 01-24-2018 at 03:25 AM.
    GAMES I ALREADY HAVE
    KOF 94-95, 97-99, 01
    Metal Slug X, 3, 4, 5
    Mutation Nation
    Ninja Combat
    Last Blade
    Samurai Shodown 2
    Sengoku
    King Of Monsters

Thread Information