Hey guys, new to the forums.

Hey NG.com, finally signed up after popping in and out for years.

Ive just got my AES back out of storage after a few years and have been loving playing the games again. Probably been at least 3 years since I've done that.

I had my AES and a few games around the early 90s but it wasn't till around 2001-2003 that i started buying games again. Only wish Id picked up a few more of the later games Like KOF 2003 or SVC Chaos as i remember them being like £200-£250 but i thought it was stupid to waste that much at the time, but recently looking at the prices of these now, have shocked me! Guess ill never get to own them now. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Anyways, here are my games, some early ones and some later ones, looking into adding a few more soon as I've really been enjoying playing again

IMG_2607.JPG

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Welcome to the forums, nice little set you have there! you talk about having games in the early 90's, are some of those titles from then?

Welcome to the forums, nice little set you have there! you talk about having games in the early 90's, are some of those titles from then?

Cheers! Unfortunately not, I only had the AES, King of the Monsters, Magician Lord and Nam 75. My Dad worked with a mega gamer and he used to sell the games and consoles to my dad cheap when he was done with them, we only maybe had it for a year or so before selling it to fund an “upgrade” to a snes. Most of the games here I bought around 99’ when I re bought an AES, but a few came from 2002 ish when I again started buying the carts.

Some of the older ones like Super Spy, Nam, Ghost Pilots etc I paid £8.50 each for in a clear out,I’m shocked what they go for now!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Some of the older ones like Super Spy, Nam, Ghost Pilots etc I paid £8.50 each for in a clear out,I’m shocked what they go for now!

So if you think those are crazy, how much did you pay for that Blazing Star? It's like a $4000 game now.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Welcome aboard!

So if you think those are crazy, how much did you pay for that Blazing Star? It's like a $4000 game now.

LOL, that's just what I was thinking :D

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yea, Nice Collection of games for sure. You have some heavy hitters in that collection.

Unfortunately I'm 99% sure Blazing Star is a fake. I never purchased it as that, assumed at the time it was real and didn't even know you could fake AES games, just come to realise over time with conversions etc and the poor printing (and no manual) thats its definitely snide as fuck. Still, "only" paid £75 for it and its one of my fav NG games. All my others are real, my Metal Slug 3 is missing the manual but I know its real, least I think (and hope) it is....

Its crazy, but understandable that games like Slug or Sengoku 3 etc go for the big money, but the early games like Riding Hero and Super Spy selling for £100 just baffles me. As lets face it, they're fucking terrible.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Welcome to the site. Nice collection of games! Sorry to hear about the shady blazing star cart tho.

I see samurai shodown 1 & 3 in there, just need to add samurai showdown ii in there at least :vik:. I believe that game was so common that it’s still somewhat reasonable if you decide to go for a japanese copy.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Riding Hero is absolutely terrible, and The Super Spy is borderline terrible. Only fanatics would argue otherwise.

Nothing beats Legend of Success Joe, literally the best Neo game ever made.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Riding Hero is absolutely terrible, and The Super Spy is borderline terrible. Only fanatics would argue otherwise.

I totally agree. Riding Hero is a piece of Shit. Super Hang on is a million times better. Super Spy wasn't bad for it's time but It's hard to play now.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
I have a soft spot for super spy but yeah, riding hero is complete wank.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Nothing beats the number 1 title, NAM-1975! forget the rest of the trash!

Welcome to the site. Nice collection of games! Sorry to hear about the shady blazing star cart tho.

I see samurai shodown 1 & 3 in there, just need to add samurai showdown ii in there at least :vik:. I believe that game was so common that it’s still somewhat reasonable if you decide to go for a japanese copy.

Yeah the Blazing Star was a bummer but I never bought it to collect or cash in on, bought it to play so cant really argue, though it would of been nice to find out it was worth a bomb!

Sengoku 3 seems to be stupidly expensive to buy now too, as well as a few others I have, even things like Top Hunter and Mutation Nation seem to we “worth” quite abit

I’ll keep an eye out for a SS2, it’s one of the cheaper ones so shouldn’t be too hard to find, I just bought 2020 baseball for £80, remember it from the local arcade and not played it since then so took a punt but don’t think I’ll ever get back into the big leagues which is a shame as a few titles I could of picked up 1/8th of what they’re worth now

Last edited: