USPS Prices Increase At Midnight Tonight

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Kinda a late notice, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up prices are increases tonight Incase anyone has something they need to ship. Stamps will be .50. Priority flat rates are going up .05 cents each and non flat rate is up as well. First class packages are up .50 now starting at $3.50

Everything else is up but those are the main ones people use.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Not mentioned above, but the price increase coincides with another service quality decrease. Also as of midnight.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Not mentioned above, but the price increase coincides with another service quality decrease. Also as of midnight.

Complains about not making money, but are about to lose the contract with Amazon cause they don't like delivering on Sundays.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
It’s probably going to happen eventually. Many post offices were doing Sunday deliveries on the holidays just for Amazon. And Some offices are already working on Sunday’s all year.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Complains about not making money, but are about to lose the contract with Amazon cause they don't like delivering on Sundays.

This. Times are changing and if you want to keep up, you have to change the way you do things.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
In the UK... eBay uses a service called Shutl... It's a 3rd party agent for the parcel companies...

One of them is Myhermes... the majority of those guys are classed as self employed... and are paid per delivery...

SO... I've had parcels delivered on a Sunday... I think, in todays modern world... a 24/7... 7 days a week delivery service is key to a firms success...

xROTx

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
Since October all the USPS packages I've received have been at least 2 days later than it stated with the tracking number. Thought maybe it was due to the holidays but shits still happening

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Since October all the USPS packages I've received have been at least 2 days later than it stated with the tracking number. Thought maybe it was due to the holidays but shits still happening

My local PO actually told me that during the holidays they take packages on from UPS and FedEx which I thought mega odd. You pay extra for those services yet the USPS is doing final delivery. :/

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Anyone from Europe that requested quotes from me and still haven’t paid up: shits off the table, new deal now.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Does anyone know why (international) USPS letters seem to go through PBI now?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I have noticed more shipping issues than usual lately but it's Christmas so shit happens... Only 1 package is still unaccounted for though, which is pretty good going. It was mailed on 11/27, didn't leave the country until 12/21, arrived in Mexico later that day and in limbo since then, lol. Some of the increases are significant (10-15%) which sucks but USPS is still the cheapest option by far for small/lightweight packages. I tend to ship larger packages by FedEx Ground/Home Delivery. Ground, in particular, is very reasonable.