ever have those weird fucking coincidences?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
like you're thinking a certain word and someone on the tv suddenly utters it, or someone you pass on the street? or some shit like that which makes you think for a second that everything's rigged?
it hasn't happened to me in a long time, but you know you get those days where all kind of weird coincidences take place, or else it could be you're just susceptible.
about time someone make a shit ass thread outside the war room.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I usually use those weird coincidences to convince myself to buy something. Say I've been thinking about buying a "insert useless piece of shit" for a few weeks then I walk into a shop and there it is on sale, I say to myself GOD HIMSELF WANTS ME TO OWN THIS and the world sees the rare instance of my cash on display.

As for getting paranoid that coincidence means the world is rigged..... it is isn't it?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I've had a bunch.

I used to be able to guess pretty consistently what the next song on the radio would be.

I had one week where I saw three dead bodies (one on a stretcher while walking to work, two on the side of the road from accidents).

I can't remember the details, but I did have a stretch of dreams that ended up happening in real life.

I once gave a girl my number, but she got the 2s and 7s mixed up because of my handwriting. She dialed and when an old lady picked up, she said "Uh... is [my name] there??" And the lady was like "Ohhh. Ummm. Yeah? Hang on." And this guy came on the line and he was like "Hi, this is [my name]." And my friend says "I think I have the wrong number." Guy says "It's OK, you can talk to me. Are you feeling desperate? I want you to sit down and we'll get through this." He was a psychologist who happened to have the same name as me and thought she was calling because she was a patient and was suicidal. She had to assure him - several times - that someone with the same name had given her his number and that she must have just dialed incorrectly. :lolz:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconsciousness.

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I once gave a girl my number, but she got the 2s and 7s mixed up because of my handwriting. She dialed and when an old lady picked up, she said "Uh... is [my name] there??" And the lady was like "Ohhh. Ummm. Yeah? Hang on." And this guy came on the line and he was like "Hi, this is [my name]." And my friend says "I think I have the wrong number." Guy says "It's OK, you can talk to me. Are you feeling desperate? I want you to sit down and we'll get through this." He was a psychologist who happened to have the same name as me and thought she was calling because she was a patient and was suicidal. She had to assure him - several times - that someone with the same name had given her his number and that she must have just dialed incorrectly. :lolz:
That was awesome

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Pretty sure every breath you take reminds me to tell you, don't stand so close to me. You're a nothing but a king of pain. I do wanna bang your girl though cause every little thing she does is magic.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Pretty sure every breath you take reminds me to tell you, don't stand so close to me. You're a nothing but a king of pain. I do wanna bang your girl though cause every little thing she does is magic.

You be careful with my girl Sally now Panda. :)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
A 'fucking' coincidence? like when both you and your wife wanna fuck?

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I had a girl I went to high school with named Deja.. I should ask her ex if he had any weird fucking experiencies with her.. or some bad

*puts on sunglasses*

Deja Views

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
If you are a good observer, those things happen so often, that you quickly loose faith in their significance. Like O'Dog's video everyone was tired to watch after a while... let me get some links with them grits.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
a glitch in the matrix.

my ex used to have the number 11 pop up everywhere. her birthday was on march the 11, we lived in a house which number was 11, when ever she booked a flight or got a ticket to wait in line it would always be the number 11.

in realty it means nothing and it's all just a big coincidence.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
a glitch in the matrix.

my ex used to have the number 11 pop up everywhere. her birthday was on march the 11, we lived in a house which number was 11, when ever she booked a flight or got a ticket to wait in line it would always be the number 11.

in realty it means nothing and it's all just a big coincidence.

I went to do a repair job at a muslim run company and I arrived at 09:11 but it's just a coincidence.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Wanna hear a story about this shit guys?

A longtime friend of mine turned out to be a real hardcore dumbass about the phenomena of coincidence.

I'm in the car with the guy one day and he tells me about this 'crazy' experience he had the night before. He was at home online and on Facebook and had a sudden 'feeling' that he should look up someone that he used to work with in the student store at a local art college. He looks this guy "Justin" up and finds his FB page has been turned into a tribute page to him because he had recently died.

Now- get this- he had died 2 or 3 years previously- but it was on the same date as my friend looked his FB profile up. So naturally he believes it is the supernatural or "fate" that urged him to check this guy's page that night. He and this guy were not close btw. He was just some guy that he knew from work.

I was sharing a car ride with my friend 3-4 times a week at the time and every time I saw him during the next week everything on his lips was about "Justin". I found out all the details of this dead motherfuckers life and how my friend had been 'fated' to discover his death and somehow become a part of his legacy.

Should I even go on?

I am already rolling my eyes just recounting this tale.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Wanna hear a story about this shit guys?

A longtime friend of mine turned out to be a real hardcore dumbass about the phenomena of coincidence.

I'm in the car with the guy one day and he tells me about this 'crazy' experience he had the night before. He was at home online and on Facebook and had a sudden 'feeling' that he should look up someone that he used to work with in the student store at a local art college. He looks this guy "Justin" up and finds his FB page has been turned into a tribute page to him because he had recently died.

Now- get this- he had died 2 or 3 years previously- but it was on the same date as my friend looked his FB profile up. So naturally he believes it is the supernatural or "fate" that urged him to check this guy's page that night. He and this guy were not close btw. He was just some guy that he knew from work.

I was sharing a car ride with my friend 3-4 times a week at the time and every time I saw him during the next week everything on his lips was about "Justin". I found out all the details of this dead motherfuckers life and how my friend had been 'fated' to discover his death and somehow become a part of his legacy.

Should I even go on?

I am already rolling my eyes just recounting this tale.

It's clearly more a need on his part to have something meaningful happen in his life than any true mechanism of fate. If he had been more thorough he may have even discovered his friend hadn't actually passed away on the exact day.
But maybe it triggered something worthwhile in him rendendering the event significant?

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
Surprised this doesn't come into conversation more often. It can create some awkward RL conversations if you try to bring it up:

"Hey, ever have seemingly predictive thoughts and/or dreams?"

"No."

"Uh, yeah, me neither, haha, just a passing thought."

My mother has an unsettling tendency to think of folks in her life she doesn't normally think of shortly before they die. Happens to me sometimes too. Probably just coincidence, but still...creepy.

Have seen videos of things like a mother freaking out at the precise moment their child dies during execution, down to the minute. Dogs have been recorded going to the door to wait at the exact moment their owner enters their car to come home, even if it's not on their normal work schedule.

At least makes you wonder if things are connected in some way, with a scientific explanation, but one that we just don't grasp yet. Explanations for seemingly creepy things are often butt simple, once you know the basis for it.