Is Cave going to update its games to iOS11?

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
ST

If not, does anybody have other shmup suggestions for iOS? Grazie.

Edit: Oh snap, didn’t realize R-Type and R-Type II are on iOS.

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Yea, but unless you pay $30 for a new battery its going to run like shit.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Aka To Blue is awesome and worth checking out.

I didn’t realize the Cave ports didn’t work till I upgraded and found I couldn’t launch them. Bummer.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Cave can go pound sand. They won't update and will most likely just rerelease them with some stupid ass micro transactions.

DoDonPachi Blissful Death Maximum MT edition.

Go buy AKA to Blue, it's a much better game from people that actually care. Ikeda does not.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I don't know about iOS, but on Android they have the habit of never updating their stuff. I don't think any of it is even on the Play store anymore.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I had purchased all the Cave games on iOS and the main purpose of me getting this new 12.9" iPad Pro was for them.... but no, still have to play them on my old iPad 3rd gen. I did get that Aka to Blue as well as recently purchased all 3 Ray games while they were on sale. APXSOFT and Mobirix have put out some classics, but they are "free downloads" w/ "in-app purchases"(hate that b.s.)

-SD-

Camel Slug
Yeah, I’m pretty annoyed I can’t play the games I paid for on me Pro. I’m sure it can’t exactly be the greatest feat of coding to get them working again...

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I’m such a cheap ass these days. I’m waiting on getting an iTunes gift card very soon to purchase Aka to Blue. Looks like a great game though.

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary
Danmaku Unlimited 3 is pretty alright, and Bullet Hell Monday is alright too. But yeah, Aka to Blue is probably your best best for iOS shmuppage these days.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
1942 would be nice to play, too. However, Capcom won’t update it to iOS11 either.