Mobile phones

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I've been repairing phones/tablets for nearly 10 years now & have my ACiT certification. Got really into the whole android/root b.s. for awhile. I've always preferred Android & what I currently use. I have fixed countless iPhones, but do not care to own one.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Xperia Z3. Was free (not subsidized) and works well enough. I don't even care about not getting Oreo anymore.
Got a Galaxy S6 with my current contract but sold it right away. Can't stand Samsung phones.

ChrisB

Another Striker
Samsung S8 Plus its okay, the display is nice with its high res. Had it as its on contract and never been an apple fan.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
How do you like it? Seems cool from the ads.

It's a great phone and I love it. Stock Android and on version 8.1 right now with no carrier BS or bloatware at all. I have Google's Project Fi for my service so I pay maybe $25 a month and it works great with the Pixel since it can take advantage of some of the extra things like the automatic VPN, signal switching, and easy international roaming. I know the Pixel 2 recently came out and normally I'm one to be quick on buying the new device but I like this one so much I'm going to hold off a while. It uses USB-C for charging which I like as I can go from empty to 100% in about 30 minutes.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
It's a great phone and I love it. Stock Android and on version 8.1 right now with no carrier BS or bloatware at all. I have Google's Project Fi for my service so I pay maybe $25 a month and it works great with the Pixel since it can take advantage of some of the extra things like the automatic VPN, signal switching, and easy international roaming. I know the Pixel 2 recently came out and normally I'm one to be quick on buying the new device but I like this one so much I'm going to hold off a while. It uses USB-C for charging which I like as I can go from empty to 100% in about 30 minutes.
USB-C is beast mode. Having one cord to charge everything makes travel so much simpler.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I have an LG v20, because of the exploding Samsung Note, lol, but wouldn't go back. Love the audio on this thing and the ir blaster. I do think I'll go to a smaller phone next time. Don't like not being about to hit everything on the screen with my thumb while holding it with one hand. Came to this from galaxy S5, which i really liked. By the time my 2 year is up, I'll be going for a mini version of the lg v40, lol. I just wish they would go all out on screen quality next time, since audio is already top notch.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
USB-C is beast mode. Having one cord to charge everything makes travel so much simpler.

Until the USB-C socket in your phone breaks and you start to notice all the slightly different versions of USB-C that are incompatible with each other.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
They advertise the everliving shit out of Cell phones - it's like PCs in the early 2000s.

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
I tend to jump around on phones.
I had a Nexus 6p for two years. If it had a better processor I'd still be using it. But that snapdragon 810 over heated to many times and it was starting to die.

I've since tried. The zte axon 7. Huawei mate 9. iPhone 7 plus. Zte axon m. Pixel XL. And my current phone the HTC u11.

With phones going to 18:9 ratio and me refusing that platform. I searched for a snapdragon 835 with a quad hd and 16:9 screen. Which led me to the HTC u11. Phones amazing. Lacking only a headphone jack. I can see me using this device for 2-3 more years.

I still have a pixel XL and Huawei mate 9 as back up. I also use straight talk with the $59.99 22gb plan with at&t sim. My average down speed is 45mbps and up is 10mbps.

Last edited:

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I have a iPhone se. Not that it’s the latest and greatest. But I’ve had it for almost 2 years and haven’t had the batterygate issues. Might get the battery replaced while I can though. I miss my htc one m7 though.