Labo!!!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Lol, 80 bucks for cardboard, does nintendo have an account on shmups?

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Younger kids are going to love this shit, and soccer moms are going to like buying it for kids because it's arts and crafts stuff.

There will also probably be a small number of men (without children) in their mid-20s to mid-30s who are weirdly into it.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Guys, the cardboard market, especially among manchildren, has never been more lucrative. This is a genius and underrated move by Nintendo.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I have mixed feelings about this. Seems interesting but doesn't appeal to me as someone who likes videogames. It's all too burgeois for my taste hah.
I however look forward to seeing those enterprising individuals who will take these blueprints and make plastic iterations via 3d printers or what have you.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
DTxos3zVMAAJWeD.jpg

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Oh man oh man oh man, i'm gonna make one of them walking robots but will put a seat on top for my amiibos.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
my only concern is bending the cardboard by repeatedly inserting/removing the joy cons.

I guess I need to stock up on extra joy cons!!! Problem solved!!!

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
I don't know it's just more junk Nintendo is making us store.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Given what Nintendo collectards will pay for old cardboard, why not hit Nintendo die hards where it counts on new cardboard too? Cant wait to see some graded cardboard within some cardboard and points off for every smudge in the cardboard, impression or crease. VGA will be happy to get paid.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
My 12 year old daughter wants a Switch now just because of the Labo trailer. She wants to play the piano.

Although I bought her a Yamaha keyboard for her birthday last year.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I don't really understand it although I'm sure it will sell pretty well. Even if I was a little kid I wouldn't want this. It just looks like some EyeToy/Amiibo/Kinect gimmick shit to me.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I have mixed feelings about this. Seems interesting but doesn't appeal to me as someone who likes videogames. It's all too burgeois for my taste hah.
I however look forward to seeing those enterprising individuals who will take these blueprints and make plastic iterations via 3d printers or what have you.

Cardboard? Bourgeois? Pretty sure cardboard is more often used to construct the homes and furniture of the proletariat. Speaking of furniture, that's exactly what most of this will become. You can lean your Guitar Hero controller on the stands you create out of weathered cardboard.

Honestly though - ingenious move to make something kids might want and moms will want to buy. The $80 tag will sink it though. If they're serious about it, they'll make it very third-party-friendly. And that's the least Nintendo thing they could possibly do. The Switch isn't going to become some open platform for "makers."

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Man children will fail so hard at folding cardboard.
I've seen grown men that can't punch out cardboard chits in boardgames.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
Guys, the cardboard market, especially among manchildren, has never been more lucrative. This is a genius and underrated move by Nintendo.

It's true, and who has kids surely noticed how successful are in libraries/toy stores.

I bought a pinball and robot kit for my son and it was fun (for 15€ each...).

Seems that kits won't be mandatory, Nintendo will offer cardboard design pattern for free.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I still don't get what this is. Is it Origami or some shit?

neo_mao

15 Year Member
la la la la la I'm not listening to you guys, ok? This is awesome, one day you'll understand.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Meh, I've made scratch built Rhinos and Space Marine Dreadnoughts out of cardboard.