Labo!!!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
bb1.jpg

The Waifu Pack will put an end to the console war.

First create a male population that is introverted and hopeless, second seed them with constant female dominated anime media, third profit on sex toys.

That's pretty much Japan right now.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Yes, how I presented my thought is pompous, but to address the disparity between body and mind, i.e. flesh and digital processed entertainment is not without meaning. This disparity is the main reason people are still willing to buy retail releases, even though it's impractical, reactionary and hopeless. That is why LE's of a simple disc come dressed up with figurines, art books, stickers and pins in big cardboard boxes.

The invisible download (sacrosanct all-digital) needs a body, so we, the consumers, can feel secure again. That's why, in my opinion, the Switch puts an emphasis on the tactile sense with it's advanced vibration concept (hence vibrating haptic). To make you feel, what is disembodied.

Our bodies are a nuisance in a digital world (anomaly within the binary code), yet we can't deny them. So, we can expect more of such "anomalies", i.e. impractical but necessary concepts like Nintendo's Labo cardboards and about a thousand other Limited Edition gimmicks.

The form of my posts is debatable, to say the least. Yes. But I don't agree on the content being meaningless, because of it.

Yes

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Surprisingly preorders have not sold out yet....

Hmm, not so sure I want this anymore...

Lonesage - what do you think? I value your opinion.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
My son is a kid. 11 years old. Huge Nintendo fan. And he thinks it's fucking stupid.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
So you're saying I should buy it?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm saying you need to think if buying this will make you happy.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
You've given me much to think about, Lonesage.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Okay. After much thought I can say with complete confidence that Labo will bring me much happiness and therefore I feel compelled to buy it.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
"What do we do all with these leftover Wii U boxes?"

Profit.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
So I know all you guys rushed out and bought this day one. I'm assuming none of you have posted impressions because you are too busy decorating your kits. While that is completely understandable I wish some of you would post your thoughts. Thanks!

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
927584.jpg

I bought so many grails that I am living in my labo.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I don't get Labo. If my kids to build things, I rather buy them Legos (especially Mindstorm) than this.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Only completed the motorcycle and RC car. Kids had fun building them but it’s very time consuming, the motorcycle took about 2 solid hours. It did work really well I must say, and the tension for the throttle using the rubber bands seemed very clever to me. Still has like 4 more projects I think, the piano though showed a ETA of about 210 mins so not sure when they will try to tackle that. For an arts and crafts project I think it’s pretty cool and I didn’t know the IR port on the controller could be used as a camera so that was interesting to learn.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Only completed the motorcycle and RC car. Kids had fun building them but it’s very time consuming, the motorcycle took about 2 solid hours. It did work really well I must say, and the tension for the throttle using the rubber bands seemed very clever to me. Still has like 4 more projects I think, the piano though showed a ETA of about 210 mins so not sure when they will try to tackle that. For an arts and crafts project I think it’s pretty cool and I didn’t know the IR port on the controller could be used as a camera so that was interesting to learn.

I also grabbed a set for my kid, I'm looking forward to doing them since whenever he's with me all he wants to do is watch TV and play games, and this way we'll actually have a project to do together instead of just being glued to a television screen most of the day.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
People are actually buying this crap......

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's a neat idea, but the price doesnt match the product.
Papercraft should not be this expensive.

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
You're probably paying more for the software than anything. Can you create your own things as well. With cheap cardboard, or is it only special cardboard

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
You're probably paying more for the software than anything. Can you create your own things as well. With cheap cardboard, or is it only special cardboard

The variety kit software includes something called like "Labo Garage" which is meant to allow you to come up with your own ideas and uses for the platform, I assume that if the initial launch is successful that they'll be expanding on this concept, and that crafty homebrew folk can already start coming up with new uses and creations for whats already there. The cardboard is intentionally being used as its easily modified versus something made of plastic.

I guess people have already gotten some neat stuff running on the platform, the neatest one for me is someone who programmed some game n watch games for it. http://digg.com/2018/nintendo-labo-custom-creations-songs-games

Last edited:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Now listen here you negative nellies, the new labo vehicle kit looks awesome!!!

Any of you who don’t admit it are clearly lying!!!

https://labo.nintendo.com/kits/vehicle-kit/

I am so excited to share this with you that I even took the trouble of copying the link on my phone!!!