Nintendo - 5 screw variants

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
This is stupid. About as stupid as people paying like $200 for an empty cardboard box. OCD is a bitch I hear...

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Lol this has nothing on box revision stickers.

Can't really remember what 5 screws I have other than Gyromite/Castlevania and probably a few more.

I did notice something cool when opening my copies of games many years back, a copy of contra was blue instead of green. From reading up it means Konami published that version of the game directly, but the jury is still out on that. Pictured below is one I found online

ghcikBd.jpg

Last edited:

CrazyDean

Zero's Secretary
There are N64 carts with "NOT FOR RESALE" stickers on them which are worth significantly more in some instances.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yeah, someone on eBay is trying to sell a not for resale Donkey Kong 64 for almost $500. I doubt anyone will buy it but still it is interesting someone would try to sell it for that much.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Donkey-Kong-...JIAAOSwHLNZScAf:sc:USPSFirstClass!19711!US!-1

Twobrothersgames LOL

Those guys got banned from one of my auctions years ago. They said they shilled one of auctions, won and demanded free shipping, "cause they did me a favor". Cancelled the sale, gave second chance to the buyer behind them and blocked them. I got a message from ebay asking about what happened and forwarded the message to them. Never heard a word after that.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
No, they need to fucking die.

OMFG ... I didn't watch the video until I came home from work, and I can't believe what I'm hearing. Mr. fucking Autism Modelista says that "thanks to him" GameValueNow.com [a website I didn't even know existed, but whatever] has a column for the 5 screw versions ... right after he adds: "UNFORTUNATELY, there isn't a price difference YET" ... I almost suffered a stroke listening to this. And he says it so matter-of-factly, as if counting screws on a damn game was normal. NES has been around for ages. I can't even name all of the games I've played on it. This is the first time I'm hearing about the damn screws. WTF? Is there even a higher level of autism to be reached? I mean, this already is autism³.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
There are N64 carts with "NOT FOR RESALE" stickers on them which are worth significantly more in some instances.

Any NFR cart from Nintendo are demo carts used in stores. That is the reason for that. It is unlike the NFRs for Sega items where very few have any additional value.

5 Screw only really became a thing because there was the possibility of getting the Famicom cartridge adapter inside. Some games had it, some didn't. You wouldn't know unless you opened it up. In the age of mass produced clone systems like Retron or Retro-bit, there is less real need for people to bother about looking for those adapters in 5 screw carts and now they are more of a novelty.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
NES collectors have known about this for years. These guys must really be hard up for YT video ideas :keke:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Ugh this has been a thing for years over at NintendoAge and wouldn't be surprised if people there started a lot of the interest in it. Most of it is bullshit, but if you're into it that's fine if you have that level of OCD, autism or whatever. Fact is they've been rating them on a 10 point scale for probably a decade now. Last I checked the ones people will stupidly pay up for are just the 10s, maybe the 9s, but most others didn't really care and the 10s were Mike Tyson's Punchout and the original Mega Man.

I guess when you have it all, you then have to find something else and that's when you get into cartridge shell changes in style and if your lame Nintendo sticker seal was either painted in or not, and oval or circular. Seems like inane and insane overkill to me. Those YT guys just caught up on a decade old thing and either were clueless or bored.