Thread: Nintendo - 5 screw variants

Angel's Love Slave

Nintendo - 5 screw variants

Nintendo 3-screw vs. 5-screw carts...
    This reminds me of when MileHighComics decided that Bronze Age newsstand comic books with a bar code are worth more than direct market versions without a bar code.

Article: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...for_collectors

Mr. Big's Thug

This is stupid. About as stupid as people paying like $200 for an empty cardboard box. OCD is a bitch I hear...
    Last edited by Dochartaigh; 01-16-2018 at 08:42 PM.

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

Lol this has nothing on box revision stickers.

Can't really remember what 5 screws I have other than Gyromite/Castlevania and probably a few more.

I did notice something cool when opening my copies of games many years back, a copy of contra was blue instead of green. From reading up it means Konami published that version of the game directly, but the jury is still out on that. Pictured below is one I found online

Last edited by ChuChu Flamingo; 01-16-2018 at 09:24 PM.

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.
    Nintendo 64 Pikachu Edition Serial #NS294668665 Nintendo 64 "Funtastic Series" Jungle Green Serial #NS28721865

Angel's Love Slave

Quote Originally Posted by ChuChu Flamingo View Post
    Gyromite
    Now that's a game with a variant that's worth picking up, if you need it. That Famicom Converter was quite useful before I got myself an Everdrive.

Crazed MVS Addict

There are N64 carts with "NOT FOR RESALE" stickers on them which are worth significantly more in some instances.

Somewhere in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by aoiddr View Post
    autism.png

Mr. Big's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDean View Post
    There are N64 carts with "NOT FOR RESALE" stickers on them which are worth significantly more in some instances.
    Yeah, someone on eBay is trying to sell a not for resale Donkey Kong 64 for almost $500. I doubt anyone will buy it but still it is interesting someone would try to sell it for that much.
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/Donkey-Kong-6...ss!19711!US!-1

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Yeah, someone on eBay is trying to sell a not for resale Donkey Kong 64 for almost $500. I doubt anyone will buy it but still it is interesting someone would try to sell it for that much.
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/Donkey-Kong-6...ss!19711!US!-1
    Twobrothersgames LOL

Those guys got banned from one of my auctions years ago. They said they shilled one of auctions, won and demanded free shipping, "cause they did me a favor". Cancelled the sale, gave second chance to the buyer behind them and blocked them. I got a message from ebay asking about what happened and forwarded the message to them. Never heard a word after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

World's Greatest Poster Dr Shroom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aoiddr View Post
    This reminds me of when MileHighComics decided that Bronze Age newsstand comic books with a bar code are worth more than direct market versions without a bar code.

Article: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...for_collectors

These people need to re-evaluate their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post
    These people need to re-evaluate their lives.
    No, they need to fucking die.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

Somewhere in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    OMFG ... I didn't watch the video until I came home from work, and I can't believe what I'm hearing. Mr. fucking Autism Modelista says that "thanks to him" GameValueNow.com [a website I didn't even know existed, but whatever] has a column for the 5 screw versions ... right after he adds: "UNFORTUNATELY, there isn't a price difference YET" ... I almost suffered a stroke listening to this. And he says it so matter-of-factly, as if counting screws on a damn game was normal. NES has been around for ages. I can't even name all of the games I've played on it. This is the first time I'm hearing about the damn screws. WTF? Is there even a higher level of autism to be reached? I mean, this already is autism≥.

赤裸裸的汽車人

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDean View Post
    Any NFR cart from Nintendo are demo carts used in stores. That is the reason for that. It is unlike the NFRs for Sega items where very few have any additional value.

5 Screw only really became a thing because there was the possibility of getting the Famicom cartridge adapter inside. Some games had it, some didn't. You wouldn't know unless you opened it up. In the age of mass produced clone systems like Retron or Retro-bit, there is less real need for people to bother about looking for those adapters in 5 screw carts and now they are more of a novelty.

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.
    This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

World's Greatest Poster Dr Shroom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    That would be fine too.

You have been
    Officially WY'OWED!

NES collectors have known about this for years. These guys must really be hard up for YT video ideas
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

Thanks a lot.

War Room Troll

Ugh this has been a thing for years over at NintendoAge and wouldn't be surprised if people there started a lot of the interest in it. Most of it is bullshit, but if you're into it that's fine if you have that level of OCD, autism or whatever. Fact is they've been rating them on a 10 point scale for probably a decade now. Last I checked the ones people will stupidly pay up for are just the 10s, maybe the 9s, but most others didn't really care and the 10s were Mike Tyson's Punchout and the original Mega Man.

I guess when you have it all, you then have to find something else and that's when you get into cartridge shell changes in style and if your lame Nintendo sticker seal was either painted in or not, and oval or circular. Seems like inane and insane overkill to me. Those YT guys just caught up on a decade old thing and either were clueless or bored.

Thread Information