ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Here's from my phone and my desktop:

speed_phone.jpg

speed_desk.jpg

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
was 50/100 and just got them to fix it so now it's finally 100/100.

I have Frontier and a year ago they gave me a free upgrade from 50/50 to 100/100 but for some reason it was 50/100 and I never bothered to contact them to fix it until now.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Thanks for reminding me to shit on telekom next time I'm in the area.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
We had TWC, bought by Spectrum, a month later our bill goes up 40 bucks. 2/3 increase of what we were paying. No change in service. Kinda shammy if you ask me.

Just switch to a different cable company. :snack:

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
In many areas...that's not an option. For most where I live, Comcast is literally the only game in town.

Yeah, no shit. If I didn't have to have high-speed data at home for my job, I'd just go back to dial-up. Fuck paying these assholes any more of my money.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
What's up with those insane upload speeds? Black IcE posted 740+ Mbps up? That's insane, especially since his down speed was over 200 Mbps lower. Yodd's down speed is insane as well. What do you need that bandwidth for? I'm genuinely curious. I can get 1Gbit down and 100 Mbit down for $110/mo, but that's too much to pay for an internet connection, and I don't need that bandwidth. Is 4K streaming a thing? Because that's the only thing I can think of. You don't need that for gaming or regular streaming. Just the other day, I uploaded a 3GB video to YouTube, and even on my "weak" 150 Mbit/s, it uploaded quickly.

I know those 30GB console game updates are a pain in the ass, but you can't be in such a hurry to play a game to be paying for a connection like this. I don't know what you guys do for work. Any kind of video editing with raw uploads would probably warrant the need for 1Gbit. Please, do tell. I want to know.

P.S. - I guess there's always the "I can afford it, so why the hell not?".

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
What's up with those insane upload speeds? Black IcE posted 740+ Mbps up? That's insane, especially since his down speed was over 200 Mbps lower. Yodd's down speed is insane as well. What do you need that bandwidth for? I'm genuinely curious. I can get 1Gbit down and 100 Mbit down for $110/mo, but that's too much to pay for an internet connection, and I don't need that bandwidth. Is 4K streaming a thing? Because that's the only thing I can think of. You don't need that for gaming or regular streaming. Just the other day, I uploaded a 3GB video to YouTube, and even on my "weak" 150 Mbit/s, it uploaded quickly.

I know those 30GB console game updates are a pain in the ass, but you can't be in such a hurry to play a game to be paying for a connection like this. I don't know what you guys do for work. Any kind of video editing with raw uploads would probably warrant the need for 1Gbit. Please, do tell. I want to know.

Yea, the only way I could see getting something that fast is if you need it for work, where you do skype or video calls and send large files/video back and forth.

I DL games on 3DS, DL updates for PS4, Xbone, Rock Band, stream netflix. I don't need very high speeds. The updates take awhile, but I'm patient. I don't play any of those 30G update games either.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
My internet is through a community-owned internet provider with gigabit fiber to the house. I think I pay about $69 a month for my service. I don't mind paying that much since we don't get cable or phone to the house. Also, I have four kids that stream and game and other things.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

Our tiers are so fucked I had no choice, its either what I have or basically dial up for 20 bucks cheaper. We are being grabbed by the balls here.

Black IcE

15 Year Member
Our tiers are so fucked I had no choice, its either what I have or basically dial up for 20 bucks cheaper. We are being grabbed by the balls here.

My town is one of the only ones that has a community ISP. After they made it, the state passed a law stating no city can own its own ISP. My town was grandfathered in because it existed before the law passed. The nice thing is there are no contracts, so I can change or cancel my service at will. I was paying for their 100 megabit service, and they upgraded me to fiber for the same cost.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...-won-limits-on-public-broadband-in-20-states/

Last edited:

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
My town is one of the only ones that has a community ISP. After they made it, the state passed a law stating no city can own its own ISP. My town was grandfathered in because it existed before the law passed. The nice thing is there are no contracts, so I can change or cancel my service at will. I was paying for their 100 megabit service, and they upgraded me to fiber for the same cost.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...-won-limits-on-public-broadband-in-20-states/

Make sure you let your state and federal representatives know how the community broadband is working.

Black IcE

15 Year Member
Make sure you let your state and federal representatives know how the community broadband is working.

I haven't really thought about that before but it is a good idea. I hate anti-competitive laws like that. There are similar anti-competitive laws stopping Tesla from selling cars in Utah. We need to go out of state if we want them new.