Thread: [Switch] Amiibo Multi Solutions

Unsure if You Asked
    For a custom Rank
    But Hell, why not.

[Switch] Amiibo Multi Solutions

Does anyone have any experience with an N2 Elite (formerly Amiiqo) or the Action Replay Powersaves device in conjunction with the Switch?

I am thinking of going this route as opposed to buying a bunch of silly figures but reviews and details seem sparse on both devices. Specifically, how well they work with current games and the Switch (as opposed to the Wii U.)

I have never used an Amiibo outside of the bedroom and could really use some input here.

Danke.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Benjamin
    As for the collector, his collection is never complete; even if he is missing but a single object, all that he has collected nevertheless remains fragmentary...

Stupid Bitch.

If you have a phone that supports NFC you can use that to write to the n2 puck...

I haven't grabbed one yet but I intend on doing it.

That's all I have to say about that.

Genam's Azami Sharpener

You can make your own NFC cards that contain all the amiibo data. My kids and I enjoy having the figures so we pick one up from time to time. They're gimmicky no doubt, but the Nintendo kid in me can't say no.

Somewhere in Europe.

I wanted to pick one of those pucks as well. I'm not interested in the figures at all, and there's no way I'm paying for them just to unlock a reskinned character or an item in Super Mario Maker. It might be time to finally get one. I'm sure they work fine with Switch. It's just a NFC tag. There are plenty of videos on YouTube showing people using N2, Amiiqo and NFC cards with the Switch, and they all work.

King's Dry Cleaner

I have the power saves and ended up just buying a ton of NFC cards and making my own. While the power saves does work I had trouble getting the wolf link with max hearts to load on it. I also bricked my first power saves writer while updating the firmware and had to return it to Gamestop.

Angel's Love Slave

If you have an Android phone with an NFC reader, you can sideload the "TagMo" app and write your own amiibo bin files to "NTAG215" nfc tags/cards. It's by far the cheapest route to go.
    Last edited by aoiddr; 01-18-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Unsure if You Asked
    For a custom Rank
    But Hell, why not.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I am not all that familiar with how NFC works. I have no idea how to make my own NFC cards.

I am using an iphone seven.

Some more research is in order. I wonder if this is a hotter topic on a Nintendo-specific forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Benjamin
    As for the collector, his collection is never complete; even if he is missing but a single object, all that he has collected nevertheless remains fragmentary...

Angel's Love Slave

Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    Some more research is in order. I wonder if this is a hotter topic on a Nintendo-specific forum.
    gbatemp or 3dsiso ("Other Nintendo 3DS Downloads") would be where I'd go for any specifics about any of the NFC writing methods (N2 or NTAG215).
    Last edited by aoiddr; 01-18-2018 at 12:25 PM.

Hardened Shock Trooper

There are also folks in China that sell sets of the amiibo NFC data prewritten to little cards. I bought the Zelda set at like $15 for however many were out at the time, 20 or something?

Give an Azn
    A Break Here!

I have got a stupid amount of Amiibos, but my kids like them so I tell myself itís ok. I was missing a couple I needed to complete the March of the minis game as I wonít pay higher then retail so I hit up a friend for some help. He pulled out his phone and wrote them in like a few seconds with no effort. The plain white cards were kinda boring to look at so he sent me a pic that he can now print them. He was calibrating the alignment in this picture but it gives you a idea of what you can do. The cards when purchased in bulk from China are dirt cheap and with a android phone it was really easy to program the cards. Kinda wish I had a Android phone setup just for this just out of convenience.

Thread Information