Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragonball FighterZ

Igniz's Servant

Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    Yeah but dat saiyan arc tho
    Its all about the first 10 or so episodes of the original Dragon ball for me. Some funny shit in those episodes.
    The Offensive Orgy Mode!!!

Mai's Stalker

Quote Originally Posted by munchiaz View Post
    The show is one of those guilty pleasures at this point with Super. I do enjoy it, but I know and can see all the flaws in the show. That being said, I grew up on Dragonball Z so its always going to be cool to me
    I'm the same. With both actually. How silly Dragonball Super is has been cooler talk at work for some months now. That and which is better Super, or GT.

Mai's Stalker

So I am playing the hell out of this game and it is everything you could want in a DBZ game. Way to go Arc System Works. The story mode is entertaining and I love the gameplay style a lot. Get this game guys.
    God made dirt, and dirt bust yo ass!

FFAANNYYYY
    CCUUMMMMMM
    AAANNDDEERRR!!

Dragon Ball > Z up to Frieza >>>>>> Z's Android saga >>>>>>> Super >>>> GT > Buu saga

scientific fact.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Great looking game. Played couple matches yesterday seems fun. Then we started playing Hero Quest. HQ -> DB FighterZ

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Dragon Ball > Z up to Frieza >>>>>> Z's Android saga >>>>>>> Super >>>> GT > Buu saga

scientific fact.
    i agree. the original dragon ball was a great adventure and dragon ball z was amazing until the later sagas. the rest we don't need to know.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

It took my stoned ass 6 months to watch dragon ball z and I cried at the end. What a fuckin trip...

!!

FFAANNYYYY
    CCUUMMMMMM
    AAANNDDEERRR!!

This game is fun but it reminds me how annoying modern gaming can be sometimes. Install the game, update the console, firmware update for a fucking controller, make a profile, walk around a hub world instead of a fucking text based menu, sit through a bunch of tutorials, long load times... it was like an hour and a half before I was actually playing the damn thing.

Makes me just want to load up Shin Butoden on Saturn or Budokai 3 on PS2.

Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Makes me just want to load up Shin Butoden on Saturn or Budokai 3 on PS2.
    have you played super sonic warriors on the gba?. my all time favourite dragon ball z game.

FFAANNYYYY
    CCUUMMMMMM
    AAANNDDEERRR!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogard View Post
    have you played super sonic warriors on the gba?. my all time favourite dragon ball z game.
    Yeah, it's pretty good.

There are actually quite a few decent to good DBZ fighting games.

Of the Butoden series, 1-3, Buyu Retsuden, Shin Butoden, Ultimate Butoden, and Extreme Butoden are pretty good. The latter is insanely easy though. But Ultimate Battle 22 and GT Final Bout are dogshit. Mostly developed by Tose. Shin Butoden on Saturn is the best of the bunch.

The mainline Budokai games are good. 1-3, Infinite World, Shin Budokai, Shin Budokai: Another Road, and Burst Limit are all very good. All developed by Dimps. But Dragon Ball Evolution is also a Budokai game and is, of course, horrible. The games are essentially dial-a-combo games ala Tekken, but of course with a heavy emphasis on fireballs and flight. Budokai 3 and Burst Limit are the best.

The Budokai Tenkaichi games are all bad, without exception. Tenkaichi 1-3, Ultimate Tenkaichi, Raging Blast 1 and 2, DBZ For Kinect, Tenkaichi Tag Team... All developed by Spike Chunsoft. They have massive rosters but most of the characters play the same and it's all button mashing.

Both Supersonic Warriors games are pretty good.

As far as standalone games go, Taiketsu is horrible. Battle of Z is horrible. Hyper Dimension is pretty sweet. The Legend is alright. Super Dragon Ball Z is essentially Street Fighter with DB characters. The Xenoverse games are good, and also from Dimps, but they're closer to action games than fighting games.

thanks. there was a few games on there i never heard of. looked up super dragon ball z and it looks like my kind of game. going to put it on my to buy list and give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bakaboy View Post
    I'm the same. With both actually. How silly Dragonball Super is has been cooler talk at work for some months now. That and which is better Super, or GT.
    GT was the most god awful shit I had ever seen. Toriyama shoulda castrated that series and buried DB altogether. Super has had like maybe 2-3 EPs I found watchable otherwise it's been power up after power up. It's like watching an Altered Beast anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

In truth be told
    You Have a
    Crappy username.

Played for a couple of hours with local friends who normally don't give a shit about fighting games but love Dragon Ball. The ability to be able to mash out simple combos makes this so much more accessible to people who just wanna have fun and not learn a million systems. They all had a blast and a couple went home and bought it when they got home. I doubt any of them are going to hit the lab and get good at it but it does help fighting games in general when people aren't completely discouraged every time they pick one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    It's like watching an Altered Beast anime.
    beautiful

Frenzy Football Player

I'm in love with this game. Have played in 2 local tournaments and have done mainly just lab work this whole weekend. Current team is Cell, Nappa, and Vegeta. Cell def seems like hes a top tier character at least so far. Nappa is just fun setting up saibamen, and Vegeta (best DragonballZ character) has one of the best assist in the game. Def will continue going hard on this game
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzm...SHN-k1d8rj6Q_A

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Right now I would say the game is good. Looks great and really captures the DBZ feeling. The hub is bullshit. It would be much better to have just a normal menu to choose story,online etc. I played the heroes part of that story it was pretty boring. No challenge from computers what so ever. Like SF2 single player was fun so what the fuck?

Then we played couple matches online. I got my ass kick like instantly. My brother who has played lot of SF4 and SF5 online was right at home. Too fast and hectic for my taste but maybe if I play more I start liking it more.

Maybe if those special moves would be harder to pull off there would be more a learning curve and I would get some more out off single player but yeah it is 2018 and who cares about single player anyway..
    Last edited by godzilla43; 01-30-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Mai's Stalker

This game is fucking right! What in the hell is wrong all of you stupid bitches?
    God made dirt, and dirt bust yo ass!

Thread Information