Lost a good friend Thurs night...

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
One of the worst tragedies, because it's one of those that could've have easily been prevented. Sorry for your loss smokehouse and my condolences to both remaining families.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I am very sorry to hear about the loss. The only child of a close friend of my wife and I died in a senseless crash the other day and it's horrible to think about things like this.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Sorry to hear about this. My condolences and prayers to everyone affected by this tragedy :(

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Sorry to hear smoke, that is just horrible. I hope he left something behind for his wife and kids.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
That’s terrrible man... :(

I hate hearing stories like this... I’ve heard enough of them to know alcohol ain’t the drug for me... makes people do shit they would never do otherwise...

Prayers to you and the family... :(

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Work is especially awkward...

He and I were opposite arms of the same body, I design and engineer, he implements and manages the projects. We worked together on a daily basis. It's like I lost half of myself...

Everyone is all weird and off center...they keep stopping by my office to offer condolences...it's an odd situation.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
A very close friend of mine was killed in an auto accident late Thurs night. He was 42, married, and had 2 kids (13 and 16 years old). I've worked along side him since June of 2000...I knew him on a very personal level...and the same with his wife and family. his office is 5' from mine, he and I were a great team. (...) for the love of God, do not drink and drive, do not get in a vehicle with someone under the influence. Don't make that mistake, don't be foolish. I have to go bury a good man on Fri that made the wrong choice...

That's heartbreaking, Smoke. I'm really sorry to hear that. Health issues or unforeseen events are one thing, but losing someone to an accident that could have been avoided is rough. I too lost a friend. It was a really long time ago, but the circumstances were similar. He and a bunch of his friends were in a car, all of them intoxicated. The car ended up in a ditch, after rolling over. He was in the back seat, without a belt on. He got thrown around and broke his neck. He was 19. Seeing his body in a coffin was fucking rough, and to this day, whenever I think of him, I feel this sadness mixed with anger. Such a stupid way to go, with a whole life ahead of you.

So yeah, I can imagine how you feel. I'm sorry for your loss.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
That's heartbreaking, Smoke. I'm really sorry to hear that. Health issues or unforeseen events are one thing, but losing someone to an accident that could have been avoided is rough. I too lost a friend. It was a really long time ago, but the circumstances were similar. He and a bunch of his friends were in a car, all of them intoxicated. The car ended up in a ditch, after rolling over. He was in the back seat, without a belt on. He got thrown around and broke his neck. He was 19. Seeing his body in a coffin was fucking rough, and to this day, whenever I think of him, I feel this sadness mixed with anger. Such a stupid way to go, with a whole life ahead of you.

So yeah, I can imagine how you feel. I'm sorry for your loss.

I was friends with a kid named John back in the early 90's. Jan of 1995, he, a junior at the time, his cousin, a freshman, and his other cousin, in 8th grade were all screwing around on a country road. He flipped the car in a water/ice filled drainage ditch...trapping and killing all 3. The funeral was a triple one, with all three up in front all in a row. It was absolutely awful. I pass the triple grave site often, I address him every time I do.

The off part of that story is that I was supposed to ask a girl out on a date the week he died, I put it off until the first week of Feb. I asked her out on the 7th. She's now my wife and Feb 7th has since been our ann, as well as the day we were married.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
He and I were opposite arms of the same body, I design and engineer, he implements and manages the projects. We worked together on a daily basis. It's like I lost half of myself...

I keep thinking what you could do for his family, but can't think of anything. Take them out for dinner in a few months? No, I dunno. I feel bad for his kids. I don't mean to sound crass, but I hope he had life insurance so the family won't have to worry about paying the bills/going broke.

When I went back home and went drinking with friends, I was really surprised how many of them would drive. I felt like a pussy, calling Uber or saying "Hey uhhh I know we only had a couple beers and ate but is it really fine to drive?" I've always been really uptight about that, embarrassingly so. And, as it turns out, if people only had 2 or 3 beers and ate within a span of two hours, they are usually OK to drive.

But your story is a wake-up call, and usually isn't always. I hope everyone who read this thread can take away something from it. Hope you can make peace with your friend's death and forgive him as well.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
When I went back home and went drinking with friends, I was really surprised how many of them would drive. I felt like a pussy, calling Uber or saying "Hey uhhh I know we only had a couple beers and ate but is it really fine to drive?"

says the guy who got rip roaring drunk in Arlington VA, and then rode his motorcycle drunk back to Lynchburg in the dark, and possibly blacked out along the way, screaming "KANEDA!"

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
I keep thinking what you could do for his family, but can't think of anything.

A meal drive works wonders.

His wife has a ton of things to deal with right now, one of them being kids. Having friends drop off meals can be a big help, as at least she doesn't have to worry about what to feed the kids. My friends & family did this for my wife and I when we brought our son home after being hospitalized with a serious condition. Between the multiple doctor's appointments, tests, injections, and monitoring, not having to worry about making meals is a big help. We did the same for my best friend's wife after he passed away. It can mean a lot.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I’m sorry to hear this. :( Losing someone close to you really makes one value life more. I offer my condolences and hope everything is going ok.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Sorry to hear that. Being around the same age, I always have a slight worry that mid-life crisis will kick in and I will end up doing something really fucking stupid. Mostly because, and I'm sure you've had similar issues, family life is one giant reason to be stressed out 24/7, It never seems you have time to take care of it.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Sorry to hear that, smoke.

Hang in there.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
I've heard lots of people say here "if you can still get the keys in the ignition, you're golden"

I find it funny people say that, but I have no doubts people live by that mantra.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I can't imagine what that would be like, to lose a close friend like that. I am sorry to hear of your loss.

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I think it is often the drivers who take unnecessary risks, that are involved in accidents.
Or even if you're always a sensible driver, you can still get hit by someone who is taking unnecessary risks. But that would be the less likely of the two scenarios. If you're a sensible driver, you should be OK, or at least you will avoid a more serious accident.
I would say it is true of other aspects of life, too. If you always act sensibly at work, it's unlikely you will have an accident. You can avoid most risk, by always being sensible.
The safest car to buy (as far as avoiding accidents) is a white car, as that color is seen quickly on the road, by someone's peripheral vision, as opposed to some other colors. The next best color (after white) is yellow.

Never change.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I think it is often the drivers who take unnecessary risks, that are involved in accidents.
Or even if you're always a sensible driver, you can still get hit by someone who is taking unnecessary risks. But that would be the less likely of the two scenarios. If you're a sensible driver, you should be OK, or at least you will avoid a more serious accident.
I would say it is true of other aspects of life, too. If you always act sensibly at work, it's unlikely you will have an accident. You can avoid most risk, by always being sensible.
The safest car to buy (as far as avoiding accidents) is a white car, as that color is seen quickly on the road, by someone's peripheral vision, as opposed to some other colors. The next best color (after white) is yellow.

Wow, just wow. You never cease to amaze.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy

Jesus tittyfucking christ....

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

:keke:

This is autism level red...I enjoyed the read. Thank you.