Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EBay, PayPal, more freaking fees.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

EBay, PayPal, more freaking fees.

I bitched about eBay so many times that I sound like a broken record but I just have to do it again.

I just sold a hyper board on eBay. I try to avoid eBay as much as I can and sell on the forums but when weeks go by and I get no or very little interest I move it to eBay like alot of people here do.

So I posted my Hyper Board and within half an hour a seller messaged me and asked me If I could do a buy it now at certain price. He gave me his offer and asked him if he preferred doing a deal outside of eBay. Within 15 minutes while waiting for his response I got a warning email from ebay saying that I could not sell outside of ebay and Im Violating their policy. I was like Holy Shit, this has never happened before. I haven't even given this guy my email address yet and I already got a warning.

So the seller responds saying that he rather we do the sale through eBay and I was like fine. When I setup the buy it now, he purchased it right away, NO problems. When I looked at my PayPal account I noticed that PayPal jacks you with fees the minute the money go's into your account. So now you have to deal with PayPal fees, EBay Listing fees which isn't much, and ridiculous eBay seller fees on top of all the bullshit that you might deal with some of these weirdo buyers who try and scam you.

Is there any other place that you could sell your shit outside of ebay that gets a good amount of attention. Just Venting here.

World's Greatest Poster Dr Shroom's Avatar
    Isn't listing on ebay free now? I just pay the selling fees these days, no listing fees.

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post
    Isn't listing on ebay free now? I just pay the selling fees these days, no listing fees.
    I think it's only free for a set amount of items per month in the UK... 20 items per month free... for private accounts...

However, They have "Special Deals" on ebay UK all the time... This month is 100 listings per day free... lulz as if you ever need that...

The best ones are end finishing fees at 1.... time to list the high end stuff then...

xROTx

It's 300 for me

Calvin & Hobbes

It's 300 for me
    Damn... you might've lost the war... but you won the ebay nets

xROTx

Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    I didn't pay attention to listing fees since sometimes it's 1 dollar or less but did you notice that PayPal takes a percentage when it go's into your account. They didn't do that last year, at least I never noticed it.

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    I didn't pay attention to listing fees since sometimes it's 1 dollar or less but did you notice that PayPal takes a percentage when it go's into your account. They didn't do that last year, at least I never noticed it.
    Err.. yes... they always have in the UK....

Just sayin'...

xROTx

Paypal always took some fees when you recieved money.
    This is why we're going "paypal gift pls" here
    Last edited by Dr Shroom; 01-14-2018 at 07:37 AM.

SHOCKbox Developer
    I've never had ebay take fees immediately. They just charge it to my CC per monthly cycle depending upon what I sold or if I sold,etc.
    BB
    In case of 'PM BOX FULL ANXIETY' , E-MAIL ME

bigbearatdreamamusement.net replace "at" with an "@"

I'd like to sincerely THANK everybody that supported SHOCKbox over the (EST 2001) 8 - 9 years I did it.
    is stocking the SHOCKbox right now!! They also have a huge library of SHOCKbox inserts for DL and or printing.
    LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

I'm not protecting myself from you....I'M PROTECTING YOU FROM ME.
    SKYWAY PRO Keep this a secret!

Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    Ok well, maybe I just never noticed. Ignore my post lol. Carry on

Calvin & Hobbes

Ok well, maybe I just never noticed. Ignore my post lol. Carry on
    We can't... sorry Raz_Hoe pal... we're too busy beating on you...

It's the NG.com WAY

xROTx

PS. On Topic... paypal have always taken out the paypal fees from any ebay sales STRAIGHT away... But Hey... that's the price we pay for using their services...

Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG BEAR View Post
    I've never had ebay take fees immediately. They just charge it to my CC per monthly cycle depending upon what I sold or if I sold,etc.
    BB
    Yea, they do the same for me. I just never noticed the PayPal fee being jacked before on stuff I sold on ebay.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    We can't... sorry Raz_Hoe pal... we're too busy beating on you...

It's the NG.com WAY

xROTx

PS. On Topic... paypal have always taken out the paypal fees from any ebay sales STRAIGHT away... But Hey... that's the price we pay for using their services...
    I agree, I deserve a beating. It's early, I'm at work, got like 4 hours of sleep last night. Not thinking straight and need more coffee. Be Gentle

In all seriousness though, I know PayPal charged fees for non gift transactions outside of ebay but I never noticed PayPal fees for sales done through eBay. Again, it's early and I'm not thinking straight.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    Even ThirdKind can get in on the action.

Not Average Joe.
    Not Average Homeowner.
    Not Average At All.
    If it makes you feel any better old man, I just paid almost 600 in ebay fees this month and over 200 in paypal fees.

Rugal's Secretary
    That monthly hit is your ebay fees. Paypal has always taken their cut on the way to your account. Good ol feebay...

Crawley's Sergeant

Is there any other place that you could sell your shit outside of ebay that gets a good amount of attention.
    There is, you won't like it, though: it's social media. An alternative could be using service providers like Craigslist. In Germany they are free of charge.

Playa' From
    Around The Way.
    eBay always sends me those warning and one time they suspended my account for like a week for selling outside eBay. I try and make a deal outside eBay every chance I get.

How do they figure it out? Are they scanning PMs for keywords?

Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    Yes, I think if you mention outside and eBay or throw in a email address, it detects those keywords. People will use shit like what ever at y a hoo dot communication. To get their email address out there without eBay knowing. Some guys have sent me some creative messages.

Crawley's Sergeant

Pretty much this, bots pick up keywords and pass it further for confirmation, but unless there's a pattern, I can't imagine they'd bother.

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.
    you still got like $550, still way more than what you were asking here. Unfortunately bigger audience means bigger headaches.
    Last edited by ChuChu Flamingo; 01-14-2018 at 10:25 AM.

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.
    Nintendo 64 Pikachu Edition Serial #NS294668665 Nintendo 64 "Funtastic Series" Jungle Green Serial #NS28721865

Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by FAT$TACKS View Post
    If it makes you feel any better old man, I just paid almost 600 in ebay fees this month and over 200 in paypal fees.
    Yea, I've hit that range plenty of times. Just on the one item I just sold between eBay and PayPal they jacked almost $100 and that doesn't count shipping either. I've made eBay a good amount of money since I became a member back in 02. I understand they have to get paid but Damn, you feel me?

Calvin & Hobbes

They're really clamping down on this it seems...

We all got a nice email from ebay saying that the terms and conditions were being updated last year...

It seems a few people we follow on eBay got "hit"... unsure how they're doing this but seeing as we never sell outside of ebay we don't worry too much...

xROTx

Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuChu Flamingo View Post
    you still got like $550, still way more than what you were asking here. Unfortunately bigger audience means bigger headaches.
    With shipping to California it's probably going to be more around $500-515 but yes, I did make out better if all go's well.
    Last edited by RAZO; 01-14-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Thread Information