Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 48 of 48

Thread: EBay, PayPal, more freaking fees.

  1. #26
    . norton9478's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sombra Corporation
    Posts
    30,011
    People who bitch about the policy of selling on Ebay should try selling on Amazon.
    There was no immunity to cuckoo ideas on Earth.
    Here was the reason human beings could not reject ideas because they were bad: "Ideas on Earth were badges of friendship or enmity.
    Their content didn't matter. Friends agreed with friends, in order to express friendliness. Enemies disagreed with enemies, in order to express enmity.

  2. #27
    Mr Big's Escort
    kuze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In the year 2248
    Posts
    2,253
    Quote Originally Posted by norton9478 View Post
    People who bitch about the policy of selling on Ebay should try selling on Amazon.
    Iirc the one time I sold on Amazon they took like a 25% cut in fees. >_>

  3. #28
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,726
    I just like the auction style better than just posting a game on Amazon at a set price and just waiting for someone to buy. I like using Amazon for buying but prefer using eBay for selling. Wish we had a Yahoo Auctions here to compete with eBay. I would give them a shot.

  4. #29
    Playa'
    Lukejaywalker23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    301
    eBay even takes 10% of the shipping cost. I understand why but daym they are greedy.

    I just sold my old Google pixel a few months ago and after the buyer bid and won the auction they asked me if it was a pixel 1 or 2. After I told them it was a pixel 1 they said oh NVM Im looking for a pixel 2. WTF!!!! Mother fuckers don't even ready the auction
    Last edited by Lukejaywalker23; 01-14-2018 at 12:59 PM.

  5. #30
    1st Lt, Sonic Wings Squadron
    Jibbajaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Jibba the ribba who jibba's ma bibba.
    Posts
    5,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukejaywalker23 View Post
    eBay even takes 10% of the shipping cost. I understand why but daym they are greedy.
    They do that because scumbag sellers were avoiding paying fees by selling items super-cheap but with obviously-inflated shipping prices. Like selling a SNES cart for $1 with $20 shipping, so that they only paid fees on the $1.


    Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    No more posts. Jibs wins internet for May 31.

  6. #31
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba View Post
    They do that because scumbag sellers were avoiding paying fees by selling items super-cheap but with obviously-inflated shipping prices. Like selling a SNES cart for $1 with $20 shipping, so that they only paid fees on the $1.
    Yup. I remember buying stuff from sellers that lived on the east coast and they had some ridiculous shipping price. They also wouldn't combine shipping if purchased a few items.

  7. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    Even ThirdKind can get in on the action.
    Nah, my password expires like every hour, so I'm afraid our sparring days are over. Repeatedly resetting it and logging in is just too much work, even to take potshots at you.

    That said, the fees are bullshit. When I unloaded my NES collection a few years ago, I got slammed. Most of my games were complete (down to the warranty cards), many in like new condition, so they sold for high prices and I couldn't believe how much eBay takes out for providing the same antiquated seller tools that they have for like 20 years.

  8. #33
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,726
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdkind View Post
    Nah, my password expires like every hour, so I'm afraid our sparring days are over. Repeatedly resetting it and logging in is just too much work, even to take potshots at you.

    That said, the fees are bullshit. When I unloaded my NES collection a few years ago, I got slammed. Most of my games were complete (down to the warranty cards), many in like new condition, so they sold for high prices and I couldn't believe how much eBay takes out for providing the same antiquated seller tools that they have for like 20 years.
    Nah bro, stick around, Your best fights are still yet to come. Plus the Gods have spoken and your ban will be lifted soon.

    I agree on eBay being a bunch of greedy bastards. It's the best way outside the forums to sell your stuff but you sure do pay for it.

  9. #34
    In search of monsters to destroy
    lithy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Elder World
    Posts
    12,843
    I have no idea what all the bitching is about. You can sell for free if you want, here, craigslist, lots of places, but the audience is limited. Want to get eyeballs, stick it on eBay. Odds are you get more than the difference in fees by selling on eBay rather than slowly lowering your price until someone bites.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

  10. #35
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx
    Posts
    9,143
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdkind View Post
    Nah, my password expires like every hour, so I'm afraid our sparring days are over. Repeatedly resetting it and logging in is just too much work
    And this is why I War Room lock instead of Ban...

    Lifted...

  11. #36
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,726
    Quote Originally Posted by lithy View Post
    I have no idea what all the bitching is about. You can sell for free if you want, here, craigslist, lots of places, but the audience is limited. Want to get eyeballs, stick it on eBay. Odds are you get more than the difference in fees by selling on eBay rather than slowly lowering your price until someone bites.
    Yea, that's true. I agree with everything you said except for Craigslist. I've had a few good ones but most either leave me hanging or show up and make up some excuse to low ball and I'm always willing to drop a little but not some crazy half price nonsense that they try to pull.

  12. #37
    a.k.a. Mother Teresa
    Remember: if you have sex in the crushing poverty of third world India, do not use any form of contraception!
    CORY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    5,293
    eBay is just a business. They're here to make money like every business. Their customers are the ones to blame for what's happening, they made eBay what they are today. That eBay-Paypal monopoly didn't appear out of nowhere.

    eBay literally made billions out of impatient fucktards and greedy sellers and they're not going to stop anytime soon. Why would they?

    Small fees or big fees, greedy sellers are still going to list their stuff on eBay because that's where they get the most views. Small fees or big fees, impatient fucktards are still going to buy their stuff on eBay because ain't nobody got time to wait for a good deal. That hole in their life must get filled ASAP.

    eBay represents the very essence of capitalism. Isn't capitalism what people like these days?

  13. #38
    World's Greatest Scheißeposter Dr Shroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ
    Posts
    18,465
    Tbh, I need ebay so dumb people can buy my shit for way too much money. I doubt anyone here would be stupid enough to pay 200€ for my Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack.

    On ebay? No problem.


  14. #39
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx
    Posts
    9,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post
    Tbh, I need ebay so dumb people can buy my shit for way too much money. I doubt anyone here would be stupid enough to pay 200€ for my Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack.

    On ebay? No problem.
    ^^^This....

    Jan sells a lot on eBay and well... she depends on eBay customers to pay for my booze bill...

    xROTx

  15. #40
    Sultan of Slugs
    Wachenroder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba View Post
    They do that because scumbag sellers were avoiding paying fees by selling items super-cheap but with obviously-inflated shipping prices. Like selling a SNES cart for $1 with $20 shipping, so that they only paid fees on the $1.
    Didnt they stop charging shipping fees a couple of years ago? i stopped selling on there years ago becauase of fees and that was the last straw

    I do remember hearing they stopped....around the time the mandatory ebay / paypal thing went away

  16. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    And this is why I War Room lock instead of Ban...

    Lifted...
    Thank you. Would appreciate my chat ban being lifted also if you don't mind.

  17. #42
    Kim
    Kaphwan
    Klan
    K_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Dublin 15
    Posts
    15,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post
    How do they figure it out? Are they scanning PMs for keywords?
    They scan or read every pm. I worked for them a while. And there's whole teams of people who's job it is to look over flagged messages. Trying to catch counterfeiters, creeps, pedos, and people selling stuff not allowed on site. Like nazi memorabilia.
    cool dude

  18. #43
    2017 n00b of the
    YEAR WINNER!
    joala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    over east
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post
    I doubt anyone here would be stupid enough to pay 200€ for my Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack.
    PM incoming..
    Spice god of Borneo...my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart


  19. #44
    Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan
    wyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    4,613
    Quote Originally Posted by K_K View Post
    They scan or read every pm. I worked for them a while. And there's whole teams of people who's job it is to look over flagged messages. Trying to catch counterfeiters, creeps, pedos, and people selling stuff not allowed on site. Like nazi memorabilia.
    The PM scanning/flagging has gotten ridiculous in the last few years.

  20. #45
    Kim
    Kaphwan
    Klan
    K_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Dublin 15
    Posts
    15,832
    Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    The PM scanning/flagging has gotten ridiculous in the last few years.
    You say this, but when entire rings of people selling used kids underpants can get caught and prosecuted the scanning of messages becomes invaluable. Every company has a brand to protect. And people complaining about fees is nothing compared to an actual scandal. I'm not standing up for any large corporation here. But I am saying that in this instance they had their reasons for ramping up that type of security.
    cool dude

  21. #46
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,726
    Quote Originally Posted by K_K View Post
    You say this, but when entire rings of people selling used kids underpants can get caught and prosecuted the scanning of messages becomes invaluable. Every company has a brand to protect. And people complaining about fees is nothing compared to an actual scandal. I'm not standing up for any large corporation here. But I am saying that in this instance they had their reasons for ramping up that type of security.
    I agree. If there using it to catch scumbags, I'm all for it. I'm just trying to avoid the fees lol.

  22. #47
    In search of monsters to destroy
    lithy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Elder World
    Posts
    12,843
    Which of course is borderline theft. You want to use their platform for exposure but take it off-site for the sale.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

  23. #48
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,726
    Quote Originally Posted by lithy View Post
    Which of course is borderline theft. You want to use their platform for exposure but take it off-site for the sale.
    Yup, that's the idea.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •