Thread: Can Anyone repair a Voodoo3 2000 Graphics Card? Cap pulled from PCB, Maybe broken traces

J. Maximum Fan Club President

Can Anyone repair a Voodoo3 2000 Graphics Card? Cap pulled from PCB, Maybe broken traces

Title says it all. See pics in my eBay auction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132469722595

I would like it completely recapped, and if possible fix broken traces if there are any.

I really don't want to sell this, if it can be saved, I would love to use it in my Win 98SE Rig.

I talked to a guy online, but he was asking $40.00. That doesn't sound right, but I don't know really.

USA based would be preferred.
    Last edited by greedostick; 01-13-2018 at 07:31 PM.

Neo Geo AES JP serial #1337
    Super Neo AES JP serial #1337

赤裸裸的汽車人

Cap replacement is usually not done as just one, you replace them all. These are surface mounted parts, if that makes a difference in prices. There may be different tools for this type of job, or perhaps different replacement components.

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

Not like it mattress, but it probably is not a good idea to lay the board on those metallic bags. They are conductive on the outside, anti-static on the inside. Essentially a faraday cage for any component inside of it.

And yeah what Trip said if you are replacing one you might as well replace them all.
    Last edited by ChuChu Flamingo; 01-15-2018 at 03:28 PM.

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.
    Nintendo 64 Pikachu Edition Serial #NS294668665 Nintendo 64 "Funtastic Series" Jungle Green Serial #NS28721865

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

I doubt it's the caps tbh. Voodoos get incredibly hot and IMO they should have had a fan on them.

In with the real hardware, out with the bootlegs......who is this I wonder?

Don't piss off cats or you'll get the Nyanyan Uppercut!

Galford's Armourer

how much is this card worth working? I wouldnt touch a recap trace repair job for <$50 before shipping.
    MY WEBSITE:

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Why bother with a Voodoo card!? Just buy a GeForce 2 Ti or Ultra.

!!

Quote Originally Posted by segasonicfan View Post
    how much is this card worth working? I wouldnt touch a recap trace repair job for <$50 before shipping.
    Around 80 to 100 working. That's what they go for from Bulgaria, where most are sold from on ebay. I sold it as broken and picked up a LeadTek geforce 4.

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    Why bother with a Voodoo card!? Just buy a GeForce 2 Ti or Ultra.
    I wanted a Voodoo for playing games that support the Glide API, since there are a lot of good ones. But I also wanted to play return to castle wolfenstein, which isn't ideal for a Voodoo card.

Some day I will get both, but for now the leadtek runs 95% of what I want to play perfectly on Win 98SE.

You could try amibay. They have a request services section with some really good guys. Personally ive had an Amiga 4000 and 2 cd32s done by one guy and his work was superb. Im sure there will be someone from the US on there happy to help
    George is mine

Quote Originally Posted by bwi View Post
    You could try amibay. They have a request services section with some really good guys. Personally ive had an Amiga 4000 and 2 cd32s done by one guy and his work was superb. Im sure there will be someone from the US on there happy to help
    I'll look into that if I need help in the future. Thanks.

Thread Information