Retro-bit’s Bluetooth and USB Dreamcast + Saturn controllers

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Yeah, the $65 price tag is steep enough to give me pause, too. I think I'm going to wait for the first reviews to roll in before pulling the trigger. The 8bitdo pads have been pretty solid, and if the Krikzz pad turns out to be half as good, I'll be over it like a fat kid over a Smartie.

So far, it's a good rule of thumb:

Clone SNES stuff can be good
Clone Genesis stuff is probably not good

So, my reason for buying one of these is Krikzz is solid and Retrobit is NOT

So, even if Retrobit's controllers are cheaper...they....will....suck

Mini review coming soon

pva

Mega Shock!!
Kinda related: 8bitdo just released a set of DIY kits for converting your old wired Genesis, SNES and NES controllers into wireless Bluetooth controllers for use with emulators and the Switch. Shame the Genesis/MD model is already sold out.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Shame the Genesis/MD model is already sold out.

It's a shame (unless I'm missing something - which please tell me if I am ;) that the Genesis controller will NOT work with a Sega Genesis console since there's no retro receiver which plugs into the Genesis? If so, that's beyond lame...(and makes this product I got all excited about just dumb).

Hopefully that's in the works though (but I'll stick to my Krikzz Genesis one which seems pretty sweet so far).

Last edited:

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
How does charging the battery work on these replacement boards? I don't see a usb port...

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Kinda related: 8bitdo just released a set of DIY kits for converting your old wired Genesis, SNES and NES controllers into wireless Bluetooth controllers for use with emulators and the Switch. Shame the Genesis/MD model is already sold out.

It's a shame they don't make a Genesis/MD retro receiver. I did order the NES one tho to try it out. I like the SNES style pads of theirs, but playing NES on one just isn't my thing.

pva

Mega Shock!!
It's a shame (unless I'm missing something - which please tell me if I am ;) that the Genesis controller will NOT work with a Sega Genesis console since there's no retro receiver which plugs into the Genesis? If so, that's beyond lame...(and makes this product I got all excited about just dumb).

Hopefully that's in the works though (but I'll stick to my Krikzz Genesis one which seems pretty sweet so far).

You're exactly right, a Genesis-compatible Retro Receiver does not currently exist. I wouldn't, however, put it past 8bitdo to come up with one in the future.

pva

Mega Shock!!
How does charging the battery work on these replacement boards? I don't see a usb port...

Judging from the how-to video, the Micro USB port goes in the opening where the regular cable would come out of the shell.